Leverkusen behind closed doors

ElBufalo20

11 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Pretty sure there's precedent, pass the decision to the fans as the majority of other clubs did in 2012. 

Won't just be us either, those teams that get relegated, miss out on europe/promotion)playoffs etc etc. Mine field!

Sporting integrity must be maintained.

If you can't finish the league then it's null and void.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'm sure Hearts certainly would. They'd be relegated when they're only bottom by 3 points with 9 games left.

That is a good point, and I have no doubt Budge would take it on if need be.

I think the next 8 - 14 days is going to see many more games be postponed across Europe. I also think the SPFL will try and play games here without fans to try and get them enough points ahead so they can say they won it.  It probably means we need to try and win on Sunday. 

13 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Pretty sure there's precedent, pass the decision to the fans as the majority of other clubs did in 2012. 

Won't just be us either, those teams that get relegated, miss out on europe/promotion)playoffs etc etc. Mine field!

Although realistically I could see 3 teams voting to void it, (us Hearts and 2nd bottom team). The others would likely want it finalised based on positions as they'd be winning the league / in Europe/ safe from relegation. I'd imagine this could be reflected in most of our leagues.

Sporting integrity? My arse 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Although realistically I could see 3 teams voting to void it, (us Hearts and 2nd bottom team). The others would likely want it finalised based on positions as they'd be winning the league / in Europe/ safe from relegation. I'd imagine this could be reflected in most of our leagues.

Sporting integrity? My arse 

3 teams is enough under the new spfl rules is it not?

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Be something else if the whole of European football was essentially cancelled by the real powers that be, effectively making this season meaningless for the tarriers looking for 9 

It's looking like that might well be the final outcome. Italian football went from fine to closed doors to postponed which will eventually lead onto cancelled within the space of a couple weeks. It is upto each individual FA what they do but can easily see UEFA scrapping the champions/europa league.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fuck knows mate.

It used to be 2, and when they change the league over to the spfl I'm sure I read that they voted that the winner would get a much better slice of the pot in exchange for the other teams getting the extra vote so they could never be vetoed again by the old firm. 

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember something like that at the time....

Anyone help here? Cheers

16 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Every single league league cancelled will be declared null n void. Theres too much legal ramifications if they took the current standings as final. Even up here where the taigs run the game behind the scenes. celtic wont be declared champions, same with Liverpool, Juventus, PSG etc. Teams wont be made bankrupt by lack of winnings or gate receipts as they would be insured for these situations.

Imagine the scousers, first league title since Noah, and the competition gets cancelled?... ouch!!!

9 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Why 

because it’s achieves nothing regarding containment as all their fans are segregated  together in the stadium but the same risk is there in all the bars, restaurants, hotels, public transport etc. 

Archived