Ferguson and Dykes

Dykes is a big battering ram and since we seem to resort to hitting tons of crosses into the box when things are failing, wouldn't be bad to have a player like that available. 

We've need a bit more grit in midfield which Ferguson could provide. 

Overall but not exciting signings. 

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Gerrard confirm these pair are going to be first team starters?

I'd hold back on criticism before knowing what role these players would actually have in the team.

They'd be good additions to our squad in my opinion, but questionable if they're seen as anything more than that unless they improve.

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Dykes is a big battering ram and since we seem to resort to hitting tons of crosses into the box when things are failing, wouldn't be bad option. 

We've need a bit more grit in midfield which Ferguson could provide. 

Overall but not exciting signings. 

Will get flashed yellow and red cards for fun when at Rangers then

We do lack power in the team and both would provide far more physicality in the team than the powder puff shite we were served up earlier this year, we were as soft as a baby's first shite.  So difficult to predict what the market will be like, what our budget is like, the value of players in that market and so on.  

In all honesty, we probably lack a Ferguson in the middle of the park. although Jack played like that in the League Cup Final.  However, he was just as shite as the rest and contributed fuck all in 2020 too.   Another long season ahead if Morelos is sold and our front 2 options are Defoe or Dykes, simply not enough goals to win league there as Morelos's goals in the first half papered over so many cracks. 

3 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

Who said this lewis ferguson is a blue nose?

Mate barry ferguson was my hero as a player but his we nephew has raised his game against us anytime he has played against us and been hiding  against the taigs. Barry Ferguson was not long ago saying his nephew would consider celtic if they came in for him. He also plays for the sheepshagers a team  we despise  . 

These younger generations now dont care the way we used to and still do. Look at Scott allan. I knew him as a big Rangers fan and the we cunt was a turn coat bastard.

Himself. His brothers and da being Rangers fans, his uncle also being a big clue. He played for us before Aberdeen and Hamilton.

Ferguson was taking about a hypothetical situation and never actually said Lewis said he would consider it.

Aberdeen and celtic aren’t even close to being comparable either, Jack canny be a Rangers fan then.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Himself. His brothers and da being Rangers fans, his uncle also being a big clue. He played for us before Aberdeen and Hamilton.

Ferguson was taking about a hypothetical situation and never actually said Lewis said he would consider it.

Aberdeen and celtic aren’t even close to being comparable either, Jack canny be a Rangers fan then.

I havent compared aberdeen to celtic. 

Why cant jack be a Rangers fan? Your point is shite wee man.

Barry Ferguson was my hero on the park and I obviously know about his family been Rangers fans. Hasn't stopped barry selling his soul to the daily rebel a wee knowing taig paper.

What I mean is young generation now dont give a fuck the way my generations and generations before me care.

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I would love nothing more if we did sign him and he was briliant for us and helped us towards a title mate but a really dont think he is good enough to get in our starting eleven.

4 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

I havent compared aberdeen to celtic. 

Why cant jack be a Rangers fan? Your point is shite wee man.

Barry Ferguson was my hero on the park and I obviously know about his family been Rangers fans. Hasn't stopped barry selling his soul to the daily rebel a wee knowing taig paper.

What I mean is young generation now dont give a fuck the way my generations and generations before me care.

You used him playing for Aberdeen as a question about him being a Rangers fan. Then used younger generations and used Scott Allan.

That bottom part is a load of shite anaw. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

You used him playing for Aberdeen as a question about him being a Rangers fan. Then used younger generations and used Scott Allan.

That bottom part is a load of shite anaw. 

If he would consider playing for celtic then he surely cant be a proper bear. END OF.

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Barry Ferguson is not endearing himself to Rangers fans these days as you know mate. Is that boy Lewis good enough for us to win the league?  Maybe. Can see a rash of red cards though if he was signed. We do need some steel in the midfield no doubt. Oh, for a player like Souness these days. 

2 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

If he would consider playing for celtic then he surely cant be a proper bear. END OF.

So, you’re basing this on a hypothetical situation that nobody actually said he would, and he never had any input in. ‘It’s a big club, he would have to consider it’ was the quote.

I’ll take the victory here.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So, you’re basing this on a hypothetical situation that nobody actually said he would, and he never had any input in. ‘It’s a big club, he would have to consider it’ was the quote.

I’ll take the victory here.

I am only going with what barry ferguson said.

I know for sure that if I was a pro I wouldnt consider playing for the scum for any money in the world. Maybe your different.

1 minute ago, pollok-bear said:

I am only going with what barry ferguson said.

I know for sure that if I was a pro I wouldnt consider playing for the scum for any money in the world. Maybe your different.

I wouldn’t, which is why I said your point about generations was a lot of shite.

1 hour ago, Swally said:

Does Gerrard confirm these pair are going to be first team starters?

I'd hold back on criticism before knowing what role these players would actually have in the team.

They'd be good additions to our squad in my opinion, but questionable if they're seen as anything more than that unless they improve.

Any player being signed to be a squad player is not worth signing at all. Either sign someone who is going to be a starter or pushing to be a starter or don't sign at all. 

Fed up with these players we sign to be squad players. Waste of a fucking wage. 99/100 sit on the bench or in the reserves and then get punted out to Hibs on loan then never heard of again.

Sign players that are starting quality. If they aren't better than who is already in the 11 then don't bother. Ferguson, Dykes, Shankland, the list goes on. 

Squad players should be aspiring youth wanting to be given a chance.

What's the cost associated with these two? Isn't Ferguson's contract running out? I said last season Ferguson could be another John Mginn/breasts situation if we don't go for him. Every time I have seen Dykes he has impressed also.

16 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Any player being signed to be a squad player is not worth signing at all. Either sign someone who is going to be a starter or pushing to be a starter or don't sign at all. 

Fed up with these players we sign to be squad players. Waste of a fucking wage. 99/100 sit on the bench or in the reserves and then get punted out to Hibs on loan then never heard of again.

Sign players that are starting quality. If they aren't better than who is already in the 11 then don't bother. Ferguson, Dykes, Shankland, the list goes on. 

Squad players should be aspiring youth wanting to be given a chance.

Ferguson is young and in my humble opinion could be pushing for the first team.

I think it's a bit simplistic to say we should just sign starting quality players, I'm sorry but it just doesn't work like that unless you're a rich club.

For example, I'd rather pile more money into the first team squad and have a load of backup players than having a whole team that has had the budget shared equally around them. The quality might be same throughout the squad, but it will be lower quality.

I say again, we do not know Gerrard's motivation for signing these players. If he says they're going to be starters then I'd not be too happy, backup or pushing for the first team fair enough.

I'd like to sign only quality players but the sad fact is it is not happening in the current climate.

25 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

What's the cost associated with these two? Isn't Ferguson's contract running out? I said last season Ferguson could be another John Mginn/breasts situation if we don't go for him. Every time I have seen Dykes he has impressed also.

Dont be a tit, mate.

Archived