Ferguson and Dykes

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh, I'm up in the air with Ferguson. Sometimes I think he is good and other times not as much. Dykes? No chance. Absolute rubbish.

As for Morelos, I think the pandemic may actually means he stays one more year.

I can understand why people are underwhelmed or thinking ffs groundhog day with Scottish league dross and I'd normally agree with that, but just not with these two.

Ferguson is someone who has genuinely impressed me the last couple of years.

Gerrard for his managerial shortcomings elsewhere, I think could bring someone like Lewis Ferguson (and Dykes) on. 

Lewis Ferguson is a type who would go down South and become a star with the same sort of development as Gerrard would give him. He's probably the only player outwith the Old Firm in Scotland that impresses me regular. 

He's steely, something that we badly lack in our midfielder.

I think our midfielders, for all they are good technical footballers who can play well, on their day in various environments, are  still very powderpuff (Jack, Davis, Kamara, Aribo) 

He also knows where the net is so could chip in with goals we badly lack from midfield.

Regards Dykes, the reasons are a lot more simple - we need a physical presence upfront. We've been crying out for that for years. Since Jelavic IMO. Defoe is classy enough and a decent goal return on him, but he can't mix it up upfront and certainly struggles upfront himself in a lot of games. It can be easy to shut him out. Dykes can bully and hastle some of the hammer throwers.

Matty vydra....if Morelos goes for decent money(not sure what that is nowadays) he would be the man for me, I know we were trying for a loan deal in January which didn't happen and he forced his way back into Burnleys plans but I think he is easily a 20/30 goal striker 

1 hour ago, dougal72 said:

Nonsense , a low cost punt that could go either way. If we sign him and he does nothing then we move him on. Could also do us a turn. Walter made dozens of similar signings, some did us a turn, some didn't. It's not like we would sign him as a replacement for Morelos. 

A low cost guaranteed failure. I wouldn't even want him if we were still in the Championship that's how absolutely dire of a transfer target he is. 

We should not be making the same mistake we make every single summer, buying 7-10 bang average players who will land us straight back into 2nd place again.

yes to both, young ferguson was born for it, its wrote in the stars imo.... woudnt go over 1.5 mil however, the sheep will sell due to corona.... Dykes causes the tarriers chaos everytime theyve played this season..Id sign Kamberi before Hagi too, Kamberi only only player aprt from Arfield showing a desire them last few games we played, he wont be going back near the hivs nway....

6 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

Bang average squad players 

Ferguson isn’t. He’s exactly what we need in Scotland and he’s stood out every time we played the sheep. I’d be happy with both tbh!

Plus we in Dykes we are getting a plan B. Throughout our history our championship teams have been littered with players from the SPFL who knew what it was to play in Scotland. Dykes, Kamberi and Ferguson will add that. 

Currently we live & breathe in Scotland & thats where our success MUST come from.

To that end, signing players who have proven they can successfully ply their trade here & compete while at a lower level club is exactly why we should be signing them.

Our European runs are fantastic & a boon to our stature & finances but Gerrard HAS to deliver a trophy next season and, lets be honest, it has to be the league.

We didnt lose that league because of results against CFC but against Hearts, Sheep etc. & these guys have shown they compete at that level

Are we likely to sign Kamberi on a permanent?  What’s the point of having Dykes as well. One or the other imo. Ferguson , is he good enough, would Aberdeen sell to us, look for too much money, are we even interested, who knows. I think Greg Docherty could be used as part of the deal in any of those signings tho.

Archived