Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't get why people want Morelos to stay given how he has let us down badly two seasons in a row now. He scored like 1 goal in our last 12 hours of football. He does not have the mentality to succeed at a club like Rangers.  

3 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Aberdeen Goalie, Aaron Hickey, Lewis Ferguson, Lydon Ditch in please.

I know young Hickey didn't play well against us last year but I would take him all day long. A fantastic young player who can play both right or left back.

Out: Foderingham, Tav, Goldson, Edmundson, Flanagan, Rossiter, Barker, Ojo, Defoe, Docherty, Holt, all of the youth players who won't be able to make the step up. 

Keep: McCrorie to replace Fod, Polster (as a squad player) Katic, Barasic, Halliday (as a squad player because we need players in the squad who know how important next season is) Jack, McCrorie (back up for Jack), Davis (Squad player), Kamara (there's a player in there), Hagi, Kent, Murphy, Aribo, Kamberi (second choice striker), Jones (back up for Kent), Morelos (unless we get an offer of £20m+). 

Needed: New right back, 2 new centre backs and a back up for Barasic, New box to box centre midfielder, right winger and another striker to replace Defoe. 

Should be doable. We should try and look for players that have just won a league somewhere around Europe. Our team badly needs players in key positions who are proven winners. 

1 minute ago, siamthedanger said:

I really don't get why people want Morelos to stay given how he has let us down badly two seasons in a row now. He scored like 1 goal in our last 12 hours of football. He does not have the mentality to succeed at a club like Rangers.  

His wife was pregnant, harassed by media, car tampered with. 

I believe he will be hungrier than ever and with a point to prove.

It all depends on the amount we get offered I suppose. 

48 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

His wife was pregnant, harassed by media, car tampered with. 

I believe he will be hungrier than ever and with a point to prove.

It all depends on the amount we get offered I suppose. 

Being honest mate these are the reasons I see him wanting to leave.

The treatment he's received up here is disgraceful. We couldn't blame him for wanting to put Scottish football behind him. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Being honest mate these are the reasons I see him wanting to leave.

The treatment he's received up here is disgraceful. We couldn't blame him for wanting to put Scottish football behind him. 

I can see both sides. Trying to replace him will be the hardest of all.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hagi could be the 15-20 goal, 10-15 assists, number 10 that we are looking for - if used properly.

Unfortunately we are likely to play him out wide if we sign him.

So if yer using hagi in there what happens to Aribo , would you punt him, bench,  ? 

Both should be playing attacking mid 

Tbh I thought we might have been able to get some money for Foderingham, didn’t realise he was out of contract.

Nevertheless a good decision to let them go all round, most need to be playing regularly and they won’t here, especially feel sorry for Halliday but there was no justifying keeping just because of his mentality.

4 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

So if yer using hagi in there what happens to Aribo , would you punt him, bench,  ? 

Both should be playing attacking mid 

Grudgingly willing to give Aribo another season but he wouldn’t be in my starting team and also needs to grow a set of balls!

He should never play in that wide right position again.

Archived