Ryan Jack

graeme_4

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We haven't invested in our midfield the way we have in other areas and it shows. Last 2 years it's been free agents or cheap options. 

We badly need more direct, creative and forward thinking players in the midfield. Those don't come cheap and further investment is needed. 

£50k and a compensation agreement between 5 players. Says it all.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We haven't invested in our midfield the way we have in other areas and it shows. Last 2 years it's been free agents or cheap options. 

We badly need more direct, creative and forward thinking players in the midfield. Those don't come cheap and further investment is needed. 

And we possibly have 3 to 5 million max to spend on a midfielder.  Not going to get anyone of note, will have to hope the scouts have identified someone with potential in the lesser leagues. 

25 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

The way teams set up against us back off back off let our centre mid have it coz they know any minute now it’s going wide to the full back then back to the centre half ,

they back off celtic , their midfield drive at them , beat a man in the first line of 4 now all sorts of options are on , they commit the opposition, we don’t , Ive never seen Ryan jack driving at the first bank of 4 and skipping past a player in 3 seasons 

Thats not his job, jacks job is to simply do the doggy work, aribo tonight spent 70mins in his own half, then finally decided to take men on etc for the last 20,

I said it countless times, we need wider mids to give forward options for both the centre mids and the fullbacks and we also need more attacking mids further up the park 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats not his job, jacks job is to simply do the doggy work, aribo tonight spent 70mins in his own half, then finally decided to take men on etc for the last 20,

I said it countless times, we need wider mids to give forward options for both the centre mids and the fullbacks and we also need more attacking mids further up the park 

I’ve heard that loads mate I’m not having it , Stuart McCall , Ricksen , Kevin Thomson ,Ian Ferguson etc were all to do the doggy work , they did ,smashed into tackles all over the park dominated and when they had the ball they were all positive and went forward 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I’ve heard that loads mate I’m not having it , Stuart McCall , Ricksen , Kevin Thomson ,Ian Ferguson etc were all to do the doggy work , they did ,smashed into tackles all over the park dominated and when they had the ball they were all positive and went forward 

Completely different era and manager, especially given they managers played 442 a lot so their centre mids had to drive forward 

Fact is our centre mids have more passing options behind them than in front of them, tonight understandably, but the likes of last sat against a god awful sheep is a disgrace

3 hours ago, Sket said:

If we have any intention of winning the league we need to sign someone of far greater quality than Jack/Davis/Kamara.

Spot on! I like Jack but I would accept him leaving along with those 2 for one Davis is just old/slow/bored. 

I don't see why they don't move then on. I know Davis would need bought out. But surely some Championship would or European team pick up Kamara. 

Possibly Same deal for Ryan Jack. 

If we get 20 million for Morelos we should be and I hope have 1-2 big midfielders lined up - positive good on the dribble - good eye for a pass

and does not mind scoring some goals. 

Jack

Hagi                     Aribo

--------------------------------------------

christie                    mcgregor

Lego

Is it Jack that weakens that set-up head to head or could it be down to tactics?

For me hasn't been good enough for a while now. His form dropped after the split and he hasn't exactly been great since returning. 

We need to strengthen our midfield massively imo. 

Every time we countered tonight we shat it, but when leverkusen countered us they showed us exactly how to make chances from it. 

P. S this is a weakness in general not just jack. 

58 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Jack

Lego

Is it Jack that weakens that set-up head to head or could it be down to tactics?

I would take our three over theirs. We have dominated them 4 out of the last 5 encounters especially in the middle.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I would take our three over theirs. We have dominated them 4 out of the last 5 encounters especially in the middle.

That’s only 4 games a season though, their midfielders know how to get past packed defences and ours don’t.

Just now, jjbscotty12 said:

That’s only 4 games a season though, their midfielders know how to get past packed defences and ours don’t.

I agree with you but that's not what he asked.

If we figure out how to unlock ten men behind the ball (we will) then we will win the league.

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I agree with you but that's not what he asked.

If we figure out how to unlock ten men behind the ball (we will) then we will win the league.

It’s not hard to figure out. 

You needs CMs that break lines, pass forward and create opportunities. 

Ours don't. Theirs do. 

8 hours ago, Number5 said:

Jack

Lego

That’s not the 3 though? we’ll have either Kamara or Davis in there next to Jack, bigger problem is the wide areas, their wide men contribute far more than ours, hopefully we might rectify that this season though with Kent starting well and Roofe coming in 

6 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Hopefully, this changes with the new striking options.

We are two quality midfielders away from been a great side.

Am not taking Kenny McLean standard we have plenty of those types of midfielders.

Someone of a mendes or Davis level in there prime.

Cost a lot of money but its something we need now.

18 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

That’s not the 3 though? we’ll have either Kamara or Davis in there next to Jack, bigger problem is the wide areas, their wide men contribute far more than ours, hopefully we might rectify that this season though with Kent starting well and Roofe coming in 

I agree. The point I was trying to make is that I don't think it's Ryan Jack thats the problem. Tactics maybe? Consistency? 

In an ideal world we'd throw 5m at a CM who could, hopefully, transform and dominate the middle of the park? We've already shown head to head with theirs we're fine. Do we need to spend shit loads on a CM to win consistently against the other teams? Could a simple change of tactics not just do that?

I'm hoping that the introduction of Roofe and Itten along with Hagi and hopefully Aribo & Kent picking up their games and bagging a few more, we'll be okay. 

2 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I agree. The point I was trying to make is that I don't think it's Ryan Jack thats the problem. Tactics maybe? Consistency? 

In an ideal world we'd throw 5m at a CM who could, hopefully, transform and dominate the middle of the park? We've already shown head to head with theirs we're fine. Do we need to spend shit loads on a CM to win consistently against the other teams? Could a simple change of tactics not just do that?

I'm hoping that the introduction of Roofe and Itten along with Hagi and hopefully Aribo & Kent picking up their games and bagging a few more, we'll be okay. 

I’m hoping once Morelos sale is finalised we invest a decent chunk in another cm, we’ve spent next to nothing on the midfield and it shows, I’m wondering wether Hagi could be used in the middle with Roofe on the right when fit, the two negative defensive midfielders are definitely not required in the SPFL and even if we do use Hagi in the middle we’d need one more midfielder as we’d have zero cover. 

15 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Big season for him coming up, if he can't turn the screw he needs to be shown the door. 

4th campaign with us and only looked like a quality player for about 5 or 6 weeks since 2017,piss poor. 

14 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

:hmmm:You must be the biggest hypocrite poster on here bar none bud

14 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Do explain. 

tenor.thumb.gif.1af42355b36fd5e2f21e8e2423ab82d3.gif

2 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Thought he played well on Saturday tbh

That’s the thing mate , see when bears think he’s had a good game I question what did he do ? Saturday he didn’t create one chance have one shot and Aberdeen were never up the park to break up any play and they’re honking 

Eg Inverness away last season he had a good game , celtic last season he had a good game he contributed 

be lucky if he’s had 10 proper CM good games since he joined the club , the biggest problem is his lack of mobility , he can’t get about the park , I’ve said in other post it’s not his fault he’s here but that level of CM being our managers first name on the team sheet we’re winning nothing 

Our midfield group consisting of; Jack, Davis & Kamara worry me in that they are all fairly negative on the ball and very rarely play a ball forward in any attacking manner.  On the domestic front we need to move the ball at a high tempo and upset teams that are set up defensively. All to often these guys take any pace out of a move by constantly passing side-wards, backwards or taking three/ four touches before passing. I wonder if the new signings will see Hagi drop deeper into midfield to provide the link from middle to front.

Archived