***The Official Elgin City v Rangers Thread***

simplythebest

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly no temps this week. Highly unlikely anyway. Read coistys comments through the week.

Im I glad this topic has arrived, first and foremost we need to keep winning and im sure the team will do that this weekend.

Would like a clean sheet but I think it'll be 1-4 little back with a double!!

Sadly no temps this week. Highly unlikely anyway. Read coistys comments through the week.

Im I glad this topic has arrived, first and foremost we need to keep winning and im sure the team will do that this weekend.

Would like a clean sheet but I think it'll be 1-4 little back with a double!!

Any win is good, lets keep the momentum going. We are still a little sloppy at the back so 1-4 from me to

Im I glad this topic has arrived,

Yeah, doesn't sound like he'll start, but hopefully he'll get 30/20 minutes off the bench.

ALLY McCOIST remains doubtful that he’ll be able to include David Templeton at Elgin this weekend as the winger continues his comeback.

The former Hearts man has been missing since mid-September with an ankle injury and his comeback was put on hold recently when he tweaked a hamstring.

Now the Rangers boss fears Templeton will continue to be part of a long list of first team players missing on Sunday.

He said: “Temps has been back training and he’s coming along nicely but I’m not sure about the weekend.

“It’s getting to that point where I’m looking at the timescale but I know that his fitness is of paramount importance so we won’t rush him back.”

McCoist’s most serious issues on the injury front remain in defence where he is without his three most senior central defenders.

Ross Perry and Sebastien Faure are both recovering from hernia operations while Emilson Cribari has a muscle problem.

The manager added: “It’s not ideal at the moment. Ross had a hernia operation yesterday and Sebastien is recovering from the same procedure at the moment.

“Emilson is still struggling with a grade one tear on the lower calf, at the top of his achilles so we don’t really have much in the way of good news in that area.

“In terms of the time scale for them all coming back it’s certainly going to be weeks rather than days.”

McCoist is also still without Francisco Sandaza while Andy Little has been playing through a foot problem that has caused him real discomfort.

However the Rangers boss is pleased with the part played by those players asked to adapt to regular changes in the side.

He said: “They are rallying round and adapting well and that’s what you’d hope for.

“Andy has been playing with some severe bruising on his foot which isn’t easy, but his goal on Saturday helps that.

“Fran’s in a different position in respect of us looking after him because if he got the slightest knock it could have repercussions.

“He has been out training with us and that’s great because he’s really enthusiastic and bursting to get back but it’s a different injury to the rest and we have to be extremely careful.”

For everyone going to the game on Sunday...behave yourself. You can consider yourself lucky to be in 8th wonder of the world..Elgin, so no pissing in the streets and other all round antics. You have been warned! :hanged: ...

....Enjoy yourself!

• 4 weeks later...