• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird nobody mentioned this yet.

11in3sz.jpg

34sfqk4.jpg

Ruud Gullit interview:

Excerpt from Sky Sports Interview on the eve of Scotland v Holland, November, 2003

I read somewhere that in a Dutch interview you said that Davie Cooper was the most skilful player you have ever played against. Was that true?

Ruud: Oh yeah! That was a great player. A left-sided genius for Glasgow Rangers. He was such a great player - truly gifted.

Did you play against him many times?

Ruud: I played against him, yes. I played against him once when I was playing for Feyenoord in a friendly match at Ibrox - I remember it well. I saw this player and ever since then I have been following him from then on. What a gifted player he was...he was a real talent and had a gift alright. Wow, a great player.

I have never had the pleasure of watching him play, but when I hear the stories of older Bears it shows how much he meant to them and the club.

Never forgotten.

Signed the summer i started going every week.

Was the greatest i've seen in a Rangers jersey and was my idol growing up.......devastated the day he died.

Albert Tatlock, what a legend.

A quote from Ruud Gullit in 2003 from Sky Sports....

I read somewhere that in a Dutch interview you said that Davie Cooper was the most skilful player you have ever played against. Was that true?

Ruud: Oh yeah! That was a great player. A left-sided genius for Glasgow Rangers. He was such a great player - truly gifted.

Did you play against him many times?

Ruud: I played against him, yes. I played against him once when I was playing for Feyenoord in a friendly match at Ibrox - I remember it well. I saw this player and ever since then I have been following him from then on. What a gifted player he was...he was a real talent and had a gift alright. Wow, a great player

The first death I ever cried over. Relations had died, friends had died but this one hit me the most. I remember at school, we were asked if we could be anyone who would we be. Others said 'Superman' or 'James Bond' etc. I said 'Davie Cooper'.

My Hero.

Our Hero.

RIP