Davie Cooper Tribute Thread

Jelle1880

Weird nobody mentioned this yet.

11in3sz.jpg

34sfqk4.jpg

Ruud Gullit interview:

Excerpt from Sky Sports Interview on the eve of Scotland v Holland, November, 2003

I read somewhere that in a Dutch interview you said that Davie Cooper was the most skilful player you have ever played against. Was that true?

Ruud: Oh yeah! That was a great player. A left-sided genius for Glasgow Rangers. He was such a great player - truly gifted.

Did you play against him many times?

Ruud: I played against him, yes. I played against him once when I was playing for Feyenoord in a friendly match at Ibrox - I remember it well. I saw this player and ever since then I have been following him from then on. What a gifted player he was...he was a real talent and had a gift alright. Wow, a great player.

I have never had the pleasure of watching him play, but when I hear the stories of older Bears it shows how much he meant to them and the club.

Never forgotten.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP davie, i remember the day he died which is unbeleiveable as i was 8 at the time

Same here, except I was 9 year old, but I too remember that day.

I didnt really know how amazing he was until after he died and it made me sad that I hadn't been lucky (or old) enough to witness such a legendary player at ibrox.

Laudrup is the only one that comes close in my lifetime.

A true legend for the Gers (and the Bankies!!)