Barry Ferguson has completed his move to Birmingham.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a sad day in my opinion as given the reception he got at Dundee last season from the bears that showed most were prepared to give him another chance.

I really wonder how much we will miss him in the CL, we wont find a player near his European and international experience easily if at all.

All the best Bazza. Rangers Legend.

STICK YER TARTAN AMRY

BARRY FERGUSON has signed a two-year deal with Birmingham City after completing his £1.25m move from Rangers.

The former skipper has been reunited with Alex McLeish, who sold him to Blackburn Rovers in 2003 and then brought him back to Ibrox 18 months later and, of course,worked with him with him with the Scottish national team.

Now the ex-Gers boss hopes that Ferguson can have a major impact after winning promotion back to the Premier League last season.

He said: "Barry has played at a very high level for Rangers, in big games.

"Maybe the Scottish league is not the strongest, certainly not anywhere near the Premier League, but he's played a good level of games, in the Champions League, the Celtic fixture and cup finals.

"I think he has got unfinished business in England. He started with a bad injury at Blackburn, then fought his way back to fitness, and the reports I got at that time, before he came back to Rangers, was that he was playing extremely well.

"But maybe he didn't stay long enough for people to make a full assessment of him. So I think in that respect Barry will want to come down with something to prove.

"They've barely started pre-season training at Rangers but again, from the reports I've had, he's been up there in the fitness testing they've done. He's always been a pretty fit guy.

"The big thing for me is that I need people who are not afraid to take the ball. He's gone to places like Italy, France, against two of the top nations in football, and has not been fazed.

''If you don't have players who can take, keep and pass the ball well, then you're in trouble against the likes of that kind of world class opposition. Barry can go a long way to help the team-building I am currently undertaking

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1725719,00.html

Turning into a decent summer of business for us so far.

That's exactly the way i see it, we are definitely heading in the right direction (tu)

Aye that's Ferguson and Hemdani gone, 2 of the top earners, along with G.Smith, Dailly and hopefully Adam. Don't think McCulloch will go but would like to see S.Smith and Gow go as well. Squads starting to look much trimmer now.

Turning into a decent summer of business for us so far.

That's exactly the way i see it, we are definitely heading in the right direction (tu)

Aye that's Ferguson and Hemdani gone, 2 of the top earners, along with G.Smith, Dailly and hopefully Adam. Don't think McCulloch will go but would like to see S.Smith and Gow go as well. Squads starting to look much trimmer now.

As long as we keep Bougherra, Davis etc, i think we'll be all happy with a trimmer squad.

thanks for the memories barry and good luck in the EPL. Was the right time to move on. Not the best fee we could have got i dont think but its better than him sitting earning £30k a week for the next year and then leaving for nothing.