• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have watched it a few times

still cannot see the reason for the red card

a very harsh decision

the refs same old saying intent its fuckin harsh alright

these scum fucks will be glad as miller and boydy would have ripped that defence to shreds

:rolleyes: Hmm, Loovens 6 months, Miller 18 hours, with the SFA apparently closed till after christmas/new year.

It never went to the SFA i dont think, The referee just said their was no case to answer and said it was a 2 match ban?

:anguish:

So whats the point in an appeal if you can't take it to the SFA stating the the ref got it wrong?

You want to complain about a referees decision, but he has to agree with it first?

Thats like having a contest out of 10 people,including yourself, to who can win £1million...

It was the ref who decided...Not the SFA it didnt get as far as them

Surely the appeal should be going above the man who made the decision we are appealing against.

Exactly mate what kind of system is that.

Of course the ref isnt going to go back on his decision.

That just sums up scottish football realy

Just seen it, one man doesn't make a team though. (tu)

1-4

Would have liked him to play, but I agree with you if beasley is fit I would go Boyd and Lafferty up front.

No fucking chance. Lafferty should be nowhere near the squad nevermind the starting 11.

Just seen it, one man doesn't make a team though. (tu)

1-4

Would have liked him to play, but I agree with you if beasley is fit I would go Boyd and Lafferty up front.

No fucking chance. Lafferty should be nowhere near the squad nevermind the starting 11.

I no, like when he played up top against Motherwell and scored two goals. Who would you play instead?

:rolleyes: Hmm, Loovens 6 months, Miller 18 hours, with the SFA apparently closed till after christmas/new year.

It never went to the SFA i dont think, The referee just said their was no case to answer and said it was a 2 match ban?

So whats the point in an appeal if you can't take it to the SFA stating the the ref got it wrong?

You want to complain about a referees decision, but he has to agree with it first?

Thats like having a contest out of 10 people,including yourself, to who can win £1million...

Unless the Ref says after the game, he made a mistake. No action can be done to overturn any cards?

as far as im aware.

basically you're right. the first stage of an appeal is the referee of the game will review the incident then write a summary of his decision both during the game and after he has reviewed the video footage. only if the decision changes will the incident go to a review panel which im pretty sure meet up on pre-determined dates.

I wouldn't of been optimistic Miller would of won an appeal, however IMO the case presented infront of a panel had a chance of being overturned or downgraded. It wasn't a clear cut red card.

TBH the system is poor when the referee who gave the card can decided if it can be appealed.

That's like the policeman who caught you speeding, being able to decide if you can appeal the decision in court, or the parking warden deciding if you can appeal a parking ticket. It's a pretty ludicrous system, as refs naturally will be reluctant to admit they might of got it wrong, unless they made a total howler. Millers dismissal wasn't a total howler, as I can see why the ref gave the card, but.... I think there is a strong case for the defence as well, and certainly isn't a black or white decision.

Exactly, there is no incentive for the ref to want to overturn it- if he did reverse the call, it makes him look foolish and probably affects his pay or the standard of the next match he referees.

I thought the whole point of an appeal was that you get the verdict from another panel because you think the person in question who made the decision (the ref) was wrong... and a lot of the time they would tend to stick by their decisions?

I thought the whole point of an appeal was that you get the verdict from another panel because you think the person in question who made the decision (the ref) was wrong... and a lot of the time they would tend to stick by their decisions?

Not in the case of Scottish Football/Rangers.

Fucking joke to a man, the refereeing system and SFA.