Is Your Glass Half-full or Half-empty?

Frankie

Keane is injured already...

He won't play tonight or at the weekend for them.

hahahaha TFIO its time to go home. Awww man hink aboot the 9000000 they were taking to killie eh nyte eh welcome ah pyoor rebel an aw at

frankie were you pulling our pisser?

Half-full? My glass is full and overflowing. :D

I'm delighted they have shipped out McDonald and Robson, the two players who caused us most problems in Old Firm games, and have sold Fox. I am delighted they have panicked and brought in three mercenaries, none of whom could get a game for their respective clubs whose fans were delighted to see them leave.

I am delighted that Rangers have a squad of players all willing to fight for the cause and who are gelled and ready for the next game, under a manager who knows how to win leagues and cups. Contrast with a potential starting 11 which could include 5 or 6 new players who have never (or only once) played together, under a manager who can't even spell league flag.

And i am delighted at our 10 point lead.

All in all, i'd say i'm pretty delighted to be a Rangers fan. When the wave of euphoria eventually dies down in the East End (either tonight or at the weekend) when Celtic inevitably start dropping points or exiting the Scottish Cup, Rangers will still be quietly going about their business in securing the Treble.

We need no last-minute signings or huge clearouts, we are The Rangers - The Champions.

53 is going to be.

What he said....

Not concerned about any of their signings except maybe Keane and frankly he is a huge gamble.... injury prone and often experiences terrible drop in form... see how he likes it in the industrial leagues...

Monkey Heid has had to ship out half a squad because he is unable to man manage and he did not have their respect, he has now brought in a number of players who will expect to be playing, where is he going to put them all? How is he going to manage the temper tantrums when they don't get a game... how many strikers do they have?

They will still drop points while they find their feet and try to learn how to defend and if we were to get 9 or 10 clear with the same games played I believe this league would be over

Superb post Frankie. (tu)

I am half full too, although I totally agree celtc have improved. Anyone who says Robbie Keane won't improve their side, needs to take their 'blue tinted' glasses for a minute. Yes, he wasn't lighten up the Premiership in recent months but he still a top, top player. One who will flourish in the SPL.

Kamara is another who will prove to be another good signing IMO. He knows where the back of the net is and with celtc making as many chances as they have been doing, the likes of Kamara and Keane are more likely to score than what Samaras and Fortune are capable of doing.

Many may think, well celtc are now going to come back and win the title? Well no, they won't.

No matter how many good players you bring, there is no chance in hell they are going to gel together right away and bring a 10 point defilict (7 realistically) back. Even if they did, they would have to win every game, more or less, from now until the end of the season and hope we drop points along the way.

Now if you look at us, we have a settled squad with Madjid Bougherra coming back from the ACON and a few others returning from injury. Yes, the loss of Pedro Mendes will be a blow, but in the time he's been away we have played our best football of the season. Also in that position, the likes of Davis and even Lee McCulloch are doing a very good job at the moment. Thomson is another who could come, and a few on here said he looked like his old self at the weekend, a very good sign indeed.

Yes, they may have Robbie Keane, but a certain man at Ibrox didn't leave last night. A man proven to score goals, the SPL's record goalscorer, someone's who has improved over the last few months greatly; Kris Boyd. That is the reason why, no matter how celtc play in the coming months, I think Kris Boyd once fit will drive us to the title. His partnership with Kenny Miller is already proven and while celtc try and find which partnership works best we'll have one that will be hopefully firing on all cylinders.

So I too raise a glass, to number 53.

The thing that gets on my nerves mate is the fact that we have "fans" shiting themselfs from what they will do. We are not a bad side ffs, people need to lighten up, relax. FFS we had a team with Marvin Andrews, Alex Rae, Hamed Namouchi see off o'neils side with bellamy, sutton, hartson, larson ffs. This is a wee number for them to make money, hee haw else. Signing a player dosent gain points, winning matches does. Has anyone actualy considered that when you have bought 2 strikers ie Rasmussen and Fortune, that brining in another 2 strikers on LOAN, will affect them. If people want to get excited about who they sign then they can fuck off to the piggery and watch these chunts.

We are the people, we are the Rangers. Worlds most successful club. FFS we have seen of better T*** teams. again FTP

EDIT- Ryan ive replied to the wrong post lol, thats not aimed at you mate

Superb post Frankie. (tu)

I am half full too, although I totally agree celtc have improved. Anyone who says Robbie Keane won't improve their side, needs to take their 'blue tinted' glasses for a minute. Yes, he wasn't lighten up the Premiership in recent months but he still a top, top player. One who will flourish in the SPL.

Kamara is another who will prove to be another good signing IMO. He knows where the back of the net is and with celtc making as many chances as they have been doing, the likes of Kamara and Keane are more likely to score than what Samaras and Fortune are capable of doing.

Many may think, well celtc are now going to come back and win the title? Well no, they won't.

No matter how many good players you bring, there is no chance in hell they are going to gel together right away and bring a 10 point defilict (7 realistically) back. Even if they did, they would have to win every game, more or less, from now until the end of the season and hope we drop points along the way.

Now if you look at us, we have a settled squad with Madjid Bougherra coming back from the ACON and a few others returning from injury. Yes, the loss of Pedro Mendes will be a blow, but in the time he's been away we have played our best football of the season. Also in that position, the likes of Davis and even Lee McCulloch are doing a very good job at the moment. Thomson is another who could come, and a few on here said he looked like his old self at the weekend, a very good sign indeed.

Yes, they may have Robbie Keane, but a certain man at Ibrox didn't leave last night. A man proven to score goals, the SPL's record goalscorer, someone's who has improved over the last few months greatly; Kris Boyd. That is the reason why, no matter how celtc play in the coming months, I think Kris Boyd once fit will drive us to the title. His partnership with Kenny Miller is already proven and while celtc try and find which partnership works best we'll have one that will be hopefully firing on all cylinders.

So I too raise a glass, to number 53.

The thing that gets on my nerves mate is the fact that we have "fans" shiting themselfs from what they will do. We are not a bad side ffs, people need to lighten up, relax. FFS we had a team with Marvin Andrews, Alex Rae, Hamed Namouchi see off o'neils side with bellamy, sutton, hartson, larson ffs. This is a wee number for them to make money, hee haw else. Signing a player dosent gain points, winning matches does. Has anyone actualy considered that when you have bought 2 strikers ie Rasmussen and Fortune, that brining in another 2 strikers on LOAN, will affect them. If people want to get excited about who they sign then they can fuck off to the piggery and watch these chunts.

We are the people, we are the Rangers. Worlds most successful club. FFS we have seen of better T*** teams. again FTP

EDIT- Ryan ive replied to the wrong post lol, thats not aimed at you mate

(tu)

Keane is injured already...

He won't play tonight or at the weekend for them.

hahahaha TFIO its time to go home. Awww man hink aboot the 9000000 they were taking to killie eh nyte eh welcome ah pyoor rebel an aw at

frankie were you pulling our pisser?

Sorry, I mis-read an article from elsewhere - hence the editing of my post. :(

Good article Frankie but to be honest i dont give a F--K what that shower of scum do. As long as we do our job we will be fine, no scum team has ever scared me far less this one, and they can bring in whoever they like. But at the end of the day they cant win the title, as we can only throw it away, so lets march on and watch the meltdown when we are crowned champions at the end of the season. :)

Good article Frankie but to be honest i dont give a F--K what that shower of scum do. As long as we do our job we will be fine, no scum team has ever scared me far less this one, and they can bring in whoever they like. But at the end of the day they cant win the title, as we can only throw it away, so lets march on and watch the meltdown when we are crowned champions at the end of the season. :)

Well said mate...

We're in the lead and we're more than capable of retaining that lead over the coming months. :praise:

Easy.. half full. We are getting players back -- and in time for the next OF match as well. New players doesn't automatically translate into victories. None of these players that are newly signed by them know what it is like to play for the OF -- including Keane. They also don't know how to play together -- and their back 4, more than questionable.

That -- and our winning mentality borne out of being settled and 'knowing' how to win -- gives us an advantage.

Plus, we have Walter who knows a thing or 2 about winning the league.

Title #53 -- not in doubt imho.

Having looked at the fixture list for both teams and the envisaged gelling period for the buckfasticos, I reckon the league will be ours after we pump them at Ibrox on the 28th.

Buckfasticos? Fantastic! (tu)

Very enjoyable read Frankie.

We have players returning in 10 days or so and Boyd in a bounce game next week. That means we will be nearing full fitness for the M'well game. That is good news.

The Celtic team has been strengthened in places - LB maybe and at striker, but there are two new CHs and who knows how that will work out.

The team will need to gel and that will not happen immediately. I am glad to see the back of Skippy and Robson and Caldwell was their player of the year not so long ago. They are all gone as well as McManus. That will have an effect. Will Samaras and Fortune like being subs? There may be some disharmony there.

When near full strength we are a very solid outfit and I believe Walter will use the current circumstances to strengthen our siege mentality. In an OF game a few of their players will be untested and that will suit us fine. Bougherra will be back and that adds a lot of strength to our team. This Rangers team have a lot of fight in them and I would bet them against any SPL team.

Furthermore the level of expectation will be so high now at the Piggery that they are due a fall. I would love for Killie to beat them tonight. If they are overconfident that may just happen. Fail, Fail, ha ha!!

No my thoughts are this will regalvanise our squad. I expect a great season and the treble.

Another good read Frankie, a sensible summation.

The Keane signing is a massive gamble which I hope may blow up in their faces, couple of things I'd like to add, firstly everyone is going on about the strikers they've brought in, while that might help them win some tight games, I just feel that they have weakened the engine room of any team ie. the midfield although Robson wasn't getting many starts when it came to the bigger games like against us when they knew it would be a battle he certainly knew how to put himself about, add the fact that it is common knowledge that he dosn't like Brown, then I don't see to many battlers in their ranks and we all know that is a major requirement in the SPL.

I also think that it takes quite a bit of time for one CH to settle into a team, never mind an almost whole back line, I see this as their achilles heel, [hope I'm right].

As for us if we can win the next couple of games without Boyd & Miller I'll be more confident [it might take Boyd a couple of games to get match fit] and although I've complained now and again about Walters decisions in the past [who hasn't?] I wouldn't want anyone else at this moment in time to lead us hopefully to #53.

WATP.