Bougherra or Boyd

Pedro

264 members have voted

1. 1. Boughy or Boydy

• Bougherra
    • Boyd

The way i see it come august with Davie Weir retired and Magic at Barcalona, walter is relying on Wilson , McCulloch, Thompson(?) or Witts to play in central defence..

Not good enough, so we gotta hang on to Bougie cos we've already lost Mendes.

I think with Miller, McCulloch, Novo up front were alwasys gonna score plenty so for me, get some money off Brum for Boyd..

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impossible for me to answer that.

Bougherra makes such a difference, as does Boyd.

If Bougherra left, could Smith strike it lucky in the transfer market for the third time in a row after Cuellar and Madjid?

If Boyd left, could anyone within our budget replace his goals?

They're as important as each other. There'd be no point in Boyd scoring all these goals if Bougherra and co were letting in loads at the other end, likewise there's no point in Bougherra bursting his balls for a clean sheet every week if we didn't have a striker.

I'd rather keep them both :)

Kris Boyd - he does what no-one else can do on a REGULAR basis; score goals. Take him out the side, and we are toothless, and we cannot rely on Lafferty, Miller, Naismith, Novo...

With Madjid Bougherra, who is a quality player, up there with Carlos Cuellar, we could sell him, and hopefully use the money to bring in one or two players.

In an ideal world, we'd keep both, and continue to strengthen, but we aren't :(

As said above, Smith has a great eye for a defender. We could sell Bougherra for £5-7million and Wilson is the natural heir for nothing.

Boyd is a natural goalscoring Rangers fan, money doesn't buy 25+ goal strikers easily and he does it for fun. Added a lot to his game this season.

Worth his weight in gold (tu)

Bougherra, no question.

The fact an average player like Whittaker, largely from full back, can bag 10 goals in around 20 appearances, illustrates that scoring a number of goals alone does not make you a crucial player. What makes you a crucial player is delivering when it really matters, big games.

For example, Old Firm game in 2 weeks. Bougherra being fit and available makes an enormous difference to us. Boyd, with 1 goal in 9 Old Firm starts......meh.

Leagues are not won and lost in old firm games , they are won by boyd scoring week in week out against the other ten teams (the ten sellck struggle to beat right now)

It's also won by having a rock solid defence, something which Boogy is an integral part of.

Very difficult one to call but if it wasn't for the financial situation I think I'd rather keep Bougherra.

As Muff said i'd rather we kept both, but if i had to choose it would be Boyd.

Look at January when both were out, we still had a strong defense but struggled to score with Lafferty etc.

Id also trust Walter more picking up a new CB than a striker.

Boyd for me. Bougy is a great player but he's not a Bear through and through. he will go on to other things with other big clubs. Boyd could be a career bear - something I'd love to see

Like others I'd like to keep both sadly I don't think either one will be playing at Ibrox next season.

That said I would choose Boyd. He's led the league in scoring for some time. Besides, we've managed to beat Celtic without Bougherra. How many Old Firm matches did Bougherra play in last season? It seemed to me he missed at least two of them, yet Gers still won the league.

Like others I'd like to keep both sadly I don't think either one will be playing at Ibrox next season.

That said I would choose Boyd. He's led the league in scoring for some time. Besides, we've managed to beat Celtic without Bougherra. How many Old Firm matches did Bougherra play in last season? It seemed to me he missed at least two of them, yet Gers still won the league.

He's played in three out of the seven OF matches that have taken place during his Gers career.

Not a great record, albeit not his fault.

Bougherra, no question.

The fact an average player like Whittaker, largely from full back, can bag 10 goals in around 20 appearances, illustrates that scoring a number of goals alone does not make you a crucial player. What makes you a crucial player is delivering when it really matters, big games.

For example, Old Firm game in 2 weeks. Bougherra being fit and available makes an enormous difference to us. Boyd, with 1 goal in 9 Old Firm starts......meh.

I read somewhere it took Larsson something like 6 or 7 Old Firm games to actually score.

Don't judge too early.