An embarassment

He is obviously a better player when played central - but he's never going to get a game there with Miller and Boyd

he had his chance central and was fucking shite,no excuse, does not deserve to be anywhere near rangers football club.

Im genuinely trying to remember, how many times has he been played up front with a partner?

against Aberdeen and St Johnstone along with boyd, played alongside novo against Hamilton during the cup tie's.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what did they see at burnley the guys scoring record is shocking for a STRIKER ...3.75m i just cant get over that fee take 3m off and ur getting closer some poor business there me thinks! dont like the hate campaign... just dont play him watty hes just not good enough!

Lafferty is having a shocking time at the moment, he was worse than useless against the tims and it was like playing with 10 men. He kept running into Hinkel and made the German look brilliant. Which he is not. This has not been Laffertys season, but I am hesitant to consign him to flop status just yet and here is why......

.....about 5 months ago I absolutely slated a certain Mr Lee McCulloch. I was scathing and said the guy was never a footballer as long as his arse pointed at the ground. I simply could not understand how he consistently got picked in the team despite what I perceived to be better options available. I slated him and I slated Walter for continuing to play him. Now look what has happened, the guy came on to a game and had a great spell leading up to the OF game during which time he was being lauded by the support and put in good performances along with scoring a crucial header against that lot.

At the start of the season, I thought Whittaker had missed his chance, I thought he was a promising player with a future when he signed and then he had gone backwards in his development. However in the last 3 or 4 months he has stepped up his game especially going forward. He has what? 10 goals? From Right Back! He has put in some assured performances and although still a bit of a bomb scare in defence, he is once again looking like he might be a player

When he came back from injury, Kevin Thomson looked a shadow of his former self, many thought he would never get back to the level of performance that he had produced pre-injury... yet here we are several months later and he is again a top performer in our team and being vaunted as future captain of the club....

The list goes on, Allan Hutton, Kris Boyd, Kenny Miller, even our latest hero Mo Edu, have all at some stage been written off as flops, failures, not good enough, etc etc.

Lafferty is currently a bit of an embarrassment, he often seems to have a very poor (big time Charlie) attitude, he would appear to be a bit of a cheating bassa, and he couldn't score in a barrel of fannies...... However, Walter sees something in him or he wouldn't persevere, transfer fee or not he would be kicking his heels on the bench if the manager thought he didn't have what it takes...

perhaps a spell on the sidelines might do him some good, the same as it helped Whittaker, ultimately he may prove to be a flop, but lets not write him off just yet, he is a very young lad by Rangers standard and has a lot of football ahead of him.

I agree with Bakbear. There are two Lafferty's, sublime or ridiculous and we don't know which one will turn up. Remember he has set up half a dozen goals with incisive passes. On Sunday he should have been passing the ball a lot earlier and more accurately and there were some occasional flashes of good play but he was quite rightly howked. He needs us off of his back and a spell in the reserves to calm his nerves.

He's not good enough to be playing at Rangers but what he did in the old firm was what I think just about every player on the park would have done. It's not like he rolled about as if he had been shot. Would be interesting to see what Andy Walker makes of it, imo it's no diference than his view on players going down in the box to seek an advantage for their team.

Must admit, when he went down yesterday i was cringing in my seat. Hidding behind my shirt. Was pretty embarassed but i was laughing aswell! :lol:

I've got nothing against him, he works extremely hard for the team and its only a matter of time before he starts scoring and settling in. Some of the abuse he gets it unfair, considering Nakamura never got slaughtered from the media for his constant falling on the edge of the box, and he did that every single game!

But if you were Lafferty, you've got abuse ever since you signed for the Gers, had your car vandalised several times.. you saying you wouldn't dive to piss the tims off? :P

If I was lucky enough to play for Rangers, the best way in my mind to piss them off is to put the ball in the back of the net and beat them, no fall on the floor like a ton of bricks.

At the end of the day Brown still lashed out and it was violent conduct, so it is a red card but the way Lafferty reacted was shocking. Also, as no-one in the media seems to point out, what about the reaction of Brown when Lafferty hit the deck, he went down like a ton of bricks himself.

I've just noticed your legend Goat..... "half-time, tea-time, bow time!"

This phrase belongs to me............you've stolen it and altered it to suit your nefarious scheme. :(

Cease and desist - give it back. :angry:

I've said it before and I'll say it again he is a diddy. He has only got one foot, his passing is rubbish. He has been tried up front and on both wings and is rubbish every time. As was said previously how he gets a start in front of Novo has got me fucked.

Not just as a multi million pound football signing,but also as an example of our club.

some may say mc gregor off the park lets us down,but Lafferty cheats at football (to the fans and his fellow pro"s), he is basically useless,why novo cant get a game before him is mystifying.

The reason why lafferty will play most games is because he cost around 3.5million!

anyone disagree ?

I remember watching a N Ireland game and he was on fire, passing the ball well, getting stuck in and scored a goal.

I want to see the same performances for us, maybe its just a case of settling in and next season he will start to prove his worth.

But whether u think he is shit or not, he plays for the rangers and we should all get behind him.

To be honest he has been awful this season, but Wattie sees something in him or he wouldn't be playing, and I'm inclined to trust Wattie to be honest.

I agree, he is an embarrassment. Hopefully we will get rid of him in the summer.

(tu) Problem is no one else would pay anywhere near the fee that we paid for him.We would take a massive loss and he would have have to take a massive cut in wages. Unfortunately, he will keep draining our finances with little return apart from embarrassment.

Everytime he gets the ball my arse falls to bits. He always seems to run in to people, fall over the ball or his first touch puts the balls either up in the air or five feet in front of him. He's not good enough for us, will never be good enough for us. In modern life if someone sold you goods to that standard for £3.75m you'd have them up in court for fraud ffs.

Think Bakbear makes some very good and valid points, time and time again many of us have been quick to slate our players and in time not only have they came onto a good game for us but their hero status rises, remember how split we were regarding Boyd? Mainly because in our eyes he didn't do enough for the team, now we would all be gutted if he doesn't sign a new contract, look at the split and change in views regarding Walter himself, shouldn't be at the club not good enough etc etc.

Maybe he will come good in time, he has played some good games for us, not on a regular basis unfortunately but that might come. As for Novo not starting, I was surprised at that as well as he loves playing against them, but I'm not sure if Novo is 100% fit?

I dont like him as a left midfielder.

What I like less is the hate figure and scapegoat he is becoming for the scum fans and media.

Well said.......next season is a big one for him

Everybody said that at the beginning of this season. He is fucking useless as a player and an even bigger tit of it.