Zlatan Ibrahimovic

PaulRFC1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who says he is shit knows fuck all about football. Technically he is fucking brilliant. He is just so in consistent and has a shite attitude

contradiction of the decade ...you havnt a clue about football if u say he is shit...but hes inconsistent and has a shite attitude.....barca showed the other night how much he stifles their team ...most overrated under achiever ever...

you would see that if YOU had a clue...

very good player. look at his last three clubs.

juve-inter-barca.

no bad in anybody's eyes.

still, i think the selling of eto'o was more to do with his attitude and, imo, his general greediness, which i think was taking away from messi's game.

this year, messi has shown that he perfoms better with ibra, where to me they are seen as equals, where in previous seasons, i get the impression eto'o always seemed the focal point of attacks.

just my opinion of course, and i do like eto'o, but surely ibra was brought to the club for other reasons than to outscore eto'o, as i doubt he could.

to me it shows that barca must really have wanted him, to put through a deal like that.

barrymorrison1

'to me it shows that barca must really have wanted him'

The way it all happened do you not think that maybe Pep just wanted to get rid of Eto'o more than they wanted Ibra?

Im still surprised that they didnt get Villa and save the 20 odd million, rather than Ibra, who as good a player as he is is nowhere the goalscorer that Villa is?

Anyone who says he is shit knows fuck all about football. Technically he is fucking brilliant. He is just so in consistent and has a shite attitude

contradiction of the decade ...you havnt a clue about football if u say he is shit...but hes inconsistent and has a shite attitude.....barca showed the other night how much he stifles their team ...most overrated under achiever ever...

He is a fucking brilliant footballer when he wants to play.

If Barcelona got Torres and Villa, they would be unstoppable

:drool:

Torres Villa Messi

Xavi Iniesta

Toure

Then you still have the likes of Pedro, Busquets, Bojan :drool:

I really don't think much of him at all. He looked good when he first appeared, but hasn't really kicked on since then.

He is a fucking brilliant footballer when he wants to play.

What sort of football player is that then? Pish attitude, waste of 40 million. I cant believe barca forked it out for him and got rid of eto'o, i think they just did it because they felt like spending money coz real madrid were doing it. It honestly staggers me

I think Ibra is one of the world's best players. I've been a fan since I seen him at Ajax and he's just grown and grown into a better player. I think he's given a bad press over here (in Britain) as the media's perception of football is that you need to charge around 100mph, chase down every ball and get "stuck in" - hence why when Tevez wasn't scoring he was still lauded for his attitude and Berbatov was castigated. Ibra's just not that type of player, in fact he's like all the truly great footballers in that he has a renegade streak to him, why defies the norm - Messi, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo (both the fat one and the Portugese), Zidane, Michael Laudrup - all of them had it and so does Ibra.

I'm probably one of the people that think the deal to bring him to Barca was good business, in that it took ito consideration the future. Eto'o, who is undoubtedly a great striker (although I think he's overrated), is a year older than Ibra but, more to the point, a huge portion of his game is based on pace. He's had two serious knee injuries in the last few years which very well could catch up with him and therefore you could very well see a brutal decline in his game around the age of 31, as he doesn't have the other attributes to compensate for it. His positional sense isn't on the same level as Inzaghi, he's not got the aerial prowess of a Drogba (or Rooney ;)) and, despite his great goalscoring record, he's prone to profligacy in front of goal. Add to the fact that he was a disruptive element in the dressing room and wanted to be the best paid player at the club and you begin to see why he was moved on.

Ibra is a year younger, has a proven scoring record in the most defensively solid league in the world (regardless of how you rate Serie A overall) scoring 25 league goals last season and practically carrying a very average and uncreative Inter team kicking and screaming over the Scudetto finishing line. Additionally, his game relies much less on pace so instantly he has more longevity at the top level than Eto'o, his technical skill and link up play is miles better and he offers an aerial presence at both ends of the pitch. Furthermore, from a psychological point of view I think it was important that Barca made a big signing this summer, rather than allow Madrid to hog the headlines and seize back the perceived initiative.

So yeah, bit of a long post, but Ibra is one of my top 10 favourite players in the world and I tend to get quite long-winded when I defend him. I don't think it's fair to say he'll "come good" as his strike ratio is already pretty impressive, but I certainly think he'll become better as he aclimatises to Barca's style and the cultural differences. I expect him to hit the heights of his Inter form sooner rather than later.