Who do you want to win the UCL?

BR_54

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really care would like to see Bayern/Lyon win it but would like barca to get to the final so i could watch one more game of that beautiful football they play coming from a center half , but tbh i don't really care as long as there's no english teams i'm happy :beer1:

I'd like to see Inter Milan win it. They have been terrific in this seasons Champions League, and in Julio Cesar, Lucio, Wesley Sneijder and Esteban Cambiasso, they have some of the top, consistant performers in the Champions League. I'd also like to see Jose Mourinho out think Barcelona and lift the Champions League once again, sticking two fingers up at the Italian media.

I'd like to see Inter Milan win it. They have been terrific in this seasons Champions League, and in Julio Cesar, Lucio, Wesley Sneijder and Esteban Cambiasso, they have some of the top, consistant performers in the Champions League. I'd also like to see Jose Mourinho out think Barcelona and lift the Champions League once again, sticking two fingers up at the Italian media.

They were far from impressive in the group stages! Couldn't say they have been terrific IMO, but they are hitting form just at the right stage of the competition, the knockouts.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Anybody but Barcelona. I think the whole Barcelona / Messi situation is over the top. I had to turn off SSN the other day because of the endless tripe I was hearing.

How?

A player who may well go down as the greatest to ever play the game.

And a team who won 6 trophies last year, and crushed a side who were meant to be similar in style to them, and are on course to becoming the 1st team to defend the CL.

Anybody but Barcelona. I think the whole Barcelona / Messi situation is over the top. I had to turn off SSN the other day because of the endless tripe I was hearing.

How?

A player who may well go down as the greatest to ever play the game.

And a team who won 6 trophies last year, and crushed a side who were meant to be similar in style to them, and are on course to becoming the 1st team to defend the CL.

Some people just don't like the whole god given right to win..

I don't know why some are wanting Lyon to win. Same goes with Bayern, either of those two winning the Champions League could result in us failing to make the group stages of next season's Champions League - we would have to go through a qualifying round, where we would probably get knocked out!

Being neutral I really have no great preference. From a Rangers point of view, I don't want Lyon or Bayern to win given the possibility that it would condemn us to a qualifier, which we would be unlikely to win.

Just to wade in on the whole 'best footballing side' argument. People forget that everything is football. That goes for goalkeeping, defending, attacking, tactics, and so on. So when people talk about loving football, then it is wrong to dismiss fans who appreciate the skill involved with world class defending.

Yes Messi is a joy to watch, and I have no doubt we'll all be telling our kids about when we saw him play at Ibrox, but for me the real 'best team in the world' is the team that plays to their strengths. That is what we did on our Uefa cup run, and that is also what Barca do. They possess fantastic attacking minded players and they play the game based on that. Inter play a more defensive game, again based on their strengths.

When teams try to be something they are not, more often that not, they lose. We only need to look at Tony 'Messiah' Mowbray to realise that.

How?

Messi is fast becoming the best player ever, and Barca are perhaps the finest footballing team in the world.

I could listen to people go on and on about Messi dismantling Arsenal, then the mhedia creaming themselves because Robbie Keane scores a couple of penalties and is somehow a 'worldclass' player.

cant stand barca

if that makes me a bitter chelsea lover then so be it

they make me sick

They make you sick? You must not love football then. They make me so fucking happy to be a football fan at times.

They make you sick because you're a gloryhunter who didn't like Chelsea until Abramovich came in and spunked millions chasing the UCL and came oh so fucking close until wee Andres showed how stunning a player he truly is.

image-5-for-chelsea-1-1-barcelona-barcelona-through-on-away-goals-gallery-600011935.jpg

Their fans make me sick, holding up tri-colours and whatnot when we went to play them, and thats the same iniesta that had "a great respect" for celtic, because "like barcalona they play in a country that does not accept their heritage and tradition." YEEUUCH

Their fans make me sick, holding up tri-colours and whatnot when we went to play them, and thats the same iniesta that had "a great respect" for celtic, because "like barcalona they play in a country that does not accept their heritage and tradition." YEEUUCH

Nearly every opposotion in Europe do that kind of thing!

cant stand barca

if that makes me a bitter chelsea lover then so be it

they make me sick

They make you sick? You must not love football then. They make me so fucking happy to be a football fan at times.

They make you sick because you're a gloryhunter who didn't like Chelsea until Abramovich came in and spunked millions chasing the UCL and came oh so fucking close until wee Andres showed how stunning a player he truly is.

image-5-for-chelsea-1-1-barcelona-barcelona-through-on-away-goals-gallery-600011935.jpg

That was actually Xavi who said that quote, iirc.