SDM and the Presidents Role

SDM as President  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Simple poll Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

Really?

You started a poll/thread on a subject which would obviously cause division, followed up with

This should be fun.

No I didn't unsure.gif

:lol: - Take MY abuse like a man and leave me to watch the carnage!!

Your rep is trashed!! rolleyes.gif

To Caseyjones - I staretd the thread to keep it separate from the Ellis one - and surely the whole fun of a forum is split opinions!?

No problem with split opinions. As I explained earlier, my comments came about due to a misunderstanding.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask you if that means John Grieg should be stripped of his directorship and club position as that looks pretty 'Honourary' to me - but I think it was a decent recognition for his input to the club?

Personally I think Greig shouldn't have any role at the Club beyond matchday hospitality. July 1978 onwards his Rangers career isn't the most impressive.

No, I don't think that he should be given the title.

If the title is meaningless then what is the point? I would like to see a slimmed-down well-run club in the future with everyone involved playing a full part with no hangers-on.

He is unwilling to be a non-executive director at the moment so I fail to see what giving him the position would achieve.

It's a moot point anyway as I don't believe he would be willing to accept the position.

Can I ask you if that means John Grieg should be stripped of his directorship and club position as that looks pretty 'Honourary' to me - but I think it was a decent recognition for his input to the club?

Yes.

John Greig was a great player for and servant to the club, but so were countless others. I don't see that he should get a place on the board whereas all others do not.

It also concerns me that he is involved in assessing the bid for the club and was allegedly heavily involved in the vote to accept the business plan (he apparently voted against it). I don't believe he is qualified to make such judgements.

I think that General C.Lee has just about summed it up correctly regarding The Mint.The people who are dead against this as yet unsubstantiated role/Title for SDM don't seem to realise the bigger picture that resulted from SDM taking control of our Club back in 1988 from Lawrence Marlborough.

Modern day Ibrox=World class stadium.

Murray Park=World class training facility.

World class players from all over the world playing for Rangers.

15 Titles.---9 Scottish Cups.---11 League Cups.--a UEFA Cup Final.

IMO, I think an honourary title is a small price to pay for the man who turned Scottish football on its head by the vision he had for our Club.

if that doesnt make the most ardent murray haters chill out and think, then fuck knows what will

would the ex-owners have that record after 20 years at the helm

No, I don't think that he should be given the title.

If the title is meaningless then what is the point? I would like to see a slimmed-down well-run club in the future with everyone involved playing a full part with no hangers-on.

He is unwilling to be a non-executive director at the moment so I fail to see what giving him the position would achieve.

It's a moot point anyway as I don't believe he would be willing to accept the position.

Yes.

John Greig was a great player for and servant to the club, but so were countless others. I don't see that he should get a place on the board whereas all others do not.

It also concerns me that he is involved in assessing the bid for the club and was allegedly heavily involved in the vote to accept the business plan (he apparently voted against it). I don't believe he is qualified to make such judgements.

Harsh but fair point and I just disagree. Also it would NOT surprise me given the £33M figure if SDM is retaining a decent shareholding and also he has a LOT of football experienec and knowledge taht would be to the ongoing benefit to the club so keeping him notianally involved is warrented IMHO!

Harsh but fair point and I just disagree. Also it would NOT surprise me given the £33M figure if SDM is retaining a decent shareholding and also he has a LOT of football experienec and knowledge taht would be to the ongoing benefit to the club so keeping him notianally involved is warrented IMHO!

There's no right or wrong on this, and it's no surprise that people have different opinions.

I would guess that the bid would certainly be for all of MIH's shares, but whether it would cover MSL's and SDM's personal holding is obviously unclear at this stage.

You may be right about Murray's knowledge and experience, but there are a number of reasons why I don't think he will accept the position of non-exec director.

1. He doesn't appear to be the sort of guy who is happy to be a non-exec director and not be in charge of everybody.

2. I think that he has lost his interest in football and wants a break away from it. He has other areas, eg his wine, that he appears to be wanting to spend more time in. A case of been there, done that.

3. He has not taken up a post as a non-exec at the moment, so it's doubtful he would be willing to do so in the future.

If he's unwilling to act as a fully fledged non-exec director then I don't see the point in giving him the post.

A clean break may also be better for the club, although, as I've said, I take your point about his experience.

There's no right or wrong on this, and it's no surprise that people have different opinions.

I would guess that the bid would certainly be for all of MIH's shares, but whether it would cover MSL's and SDM's personal holding is obviously unclear at this stage.

You may be right about Murray's knowledge and experience, but there are a number of reasons why I don't think he will accept the position of non-exec director.

1. He doesn't appear to be the sort of guy who is happy to be a non-exec director and not be in charge of everybody.

2. I think that he has lost his interest in football and wants a break away from it. He has other areas, eg his wine, that he appears to be wanting to spend more time in. A case of been there, done that.

3. He has not taken up a post as a non-exec at the moment, so it's doubtful he would be willing to do so in the future.

If he's unwilling to act as a fully fledged non-exec director then I don't see the point in giving him the post.

A clean break may also be better for the club, although, as I've said, I take your point about his experience.

AS you say - no right or wrong - just opinions. I have a huge interest in wine as well - cant quite indulge to SDM's degree!! Anyway we need some details now to 'mull' over as its is still all speculation.

Get him to fuck, he's done enough damage ot our club. Years of drastic overspending seen us in over £100 million in debt and when we finally paid all that off he swore never to make the same mistake.

That was lies of course, he did the same thing when Walter returned and look at the state we were left in when he finally decided to step away.

Aye, thanks David, thanks for nothing. Someone tell me one real positive he has brought to Rangers Football Club? And if anyone says 9 in a row then i completely give up.

:anguish:

Murray as poured his heart and his wallet into Rangers.

In my eyes he has done everything he possibly could for the club.

Thank You Sir David Murray.

I find it incredibly sad that this man is being told to 'get to fuck'

Its incredible the amount of his life he has devoted to our club. Any gamble he took with finances was in search of glory. He wasn't just gambling with the clubs finances he was gambling with his own, and the way he didn't strip the club of all its assets when his other companies were on the brink of bankruptcy shows he cares for the club.

Its almost disgusting to see people wanting this man thrown out the club without any recognition of what he has done. Disgusting.

Get him to fuck, he's done enough damage ot our club. Years of drastic overspending seen us in over £100 million in debt and when we finally paid all that off he swore never to make the same mistake.

That was lies of course, he did the same thing when Walter returned and look at the state we were left in when he finally decided to step away.

Aye, thanks David, thanks for nothing. Someone tell me one real positive he has brought to Rangers Football Club? And if anyone says 9 in a row then i completely give up.

:anguish:

Murray as poured his heart and his wallet into Rangers.

In my eyes he has done everything he possibly could for the club.

Thank You Sir David Murray.

(tu) absolutely.

I am truly saddened to see this kind of abuse be levelled at him.

I think that General C.Lee has just about summed it up correctly regarding The Mint.The people who are dead against this as yet unsubstantiated role/Title for SDM don't seem to realise the bigger picture that resulted from SDM taking control of our Club back in 1988 from Lawrence Marlborough.

IMO, I think an honourary title is a small price to pay for the man who turned Scottish football on its head by the vision he had for our Club.

:lol: :lol: That has to be the most one sided view I have ever seen.

Of course it's a one sided view.I wrote it myself so it's got to be a one sided opinion.Well spotted Mr moderator.:sherlock:

:lol: :lol: That has to be the most one sided view I have ever seen.

Of course it's a one sided view.I wrote it myself so it's got to be a one sided opinion.Well spotted Mr moderator.:sherlock:

:lol:

well owned

These comments have to be a wind-up. I didn't think there was any sand left these days for folk to stick their head in. Obviously i was wrong. How short people's memories are.

Thanks Sir David, thank you so much for financial mismanagement to such an extent that the bank had to step in and sort your mess out. What a legend you are. You've put your heart and soul into the club, oh yes.

Just a shame you were a coward when it came to defending our support from fervent media attacks and allowing UEFA to appeal their own decision and make an example of our superb away supporters.

These comments have to be a wind-up. I didn't think there was any sand left these days for folk to stick their head in. Obviously i was wrong. How short people's memories are.

Thanks Sir David, thank you so much for financial mismanagement to such an extent that the bank had to step in and sort your mess out. What a legend you are. You've put your heart and soul into the club, oh yes.

Just a shame you were a coward when it came to defending our support from fervent media attacks and allowing UEFA to appeal their own decision and make an example of our superb away supporters.

Honestly, your sounding like ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ here, moaning about "the board" and all sorts.

This man has done great things for our club, gave rangers the ground they stand on now. He has poured his money into Rangers, so the club could be the Rangers we know today.

We would be in a much bigger mess/ not have won as much/ not have been as successful/ if somebody else was there.

This man, who loves the club just as much as a member of the "voice of ibrox" , is being told to "fuck off"...thats disgraceful. If anyone had their head burrowed in the sand it is you mate....youve obviously missed all the good he has don for the club.

The club debt was never out of control the bank stepped in because of the huge amounts of money SMD was losing in other markets in which he has interests.

This is FACT do not shrug it off and move onto something else. You cannot go around spouting this misinformed 'opinion' especially being a 'director' of a media outlet such as this which will be read and believed by many. You have a responsibility to the forum, and your club.

Its people like you who cause all this bitterness when something goes wrong and someone must be blamed.

However, he will be made an Honorary President despite your views which are felt by the minority. And rightly so.

No!

If anyone had their head burrowed in the sand it is you mate....youve obviously missed all the good he has done for the club.

And you've missed the bad :rolleyes:

I never want to see or hear from the man again!

No!

If anyone had their head burrowed in the sand it is you mate....youve obviously missed all the good he has done for the club.

And you've missed the bad :rolleyes:

I never want to see or hear from the man again!

All of this 'bad' which he has done for the club has been mutated on forums such as this. I have seen it with my very eyes. Someone claims his mismanagement has led to something happening which is then carried by someone elses chinese whispers and pretty soon no one is asking where the information comes from or whether there is any ounce of truth in it.

Honestly, your sounding like pbq ub here, moaning about "the board" and all sorts.

This man has done great things for our club, gave rangers the ground they stand on now. He has poured his money into Rangers, so the club could be the Rangers we know today.

We would be in a much bigger mess/ not have won as much/ not have been as successful/ if somebody else was there.

This man, who loves the club just as much as a member of the "voice of ibrox" , is being told to "fuck off"...thats disgraceful. If anyone had their head burrowed in the sand it is you mate....youve obviously missed all the good he has don for the club.

"Gave Rangers the ground they stand on now......"