Chris Eagles - MultiMerge Thread

Ibroxblue

CHRIS EAGLES swooped into Ibrox yesterday and gaffer Walter Smith urged him to be Rangers' wide-boy.

The ex-Manchester United starlet, 24, had talks about a £1.5million switch from Burnley.

SunSport exclusively revealed the move this week and Eagles was given a tour of Ibrox by club legend Sandy Jardine before being whisked off to Murray Park for a medical.

The deal is expected to be completed today with Eagles signed and sealed in time to fly out on the club's pre-season trip to Australia next week.

Smith said last night: "We've had different players playing in the wider positions for us in the last few years. The likes of Steven Naismith, John Fleck and even Steven Davis have played in that area of the pitch when it's not their natural position.

"We have not had a midfielder/winger and that's what Eagles is.

"He can take the ball, dribble and do something a little bit different. We've not had that in the team so if he signs then I hope that's what he brings to us.

"I watched him play for Burnley over the last few seasons and he's always impressed me.

"It would be our first signing in two years - which makes a nice change - but I feel the freshness is something that we could be doing with in the group.

"All being well, I'm hopeful that's what Chris will bring."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3055119/The-Eagles-has-landed.html

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHRIS EAGLES swooped into Ibrox yesterday and gaffer Walter Smith urged him to be Rangers' wide-boy.

The ex-Manchester United starlet, 24, had talks about a £1.5million switch from Burnley.

SunSport exclusively revealed the move this week and Eagles was given a tour of Ibrox by club legend Sandy Jardine before being whisked off to Murray Park for a medical.

The deal is expected to be completed today with Eagles signed and sealed in time to fly out on the club's pre-season trip to Australia next week.

Smith said last night: "We've had different players playing in the wider positions for us in the last few years. The likes of Steven Naismith, John Fleck and even Steven Davis have played in that area of the pitch when it's not their natural position.

"He can take the ball, dribble and do something a little bit different. We've not had that in the team so if he signs then I hope that's what he brings to us.

"I watched him play for Burnley over the last few seasons and he's always impressed me.

"It would be our first signing in two years - which makes a nice change - but I feel the freshness is something that we could be doing with in the group.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3055119/The-Eagles-has-landed.html

Beat me to it deal done by the look of things :beer1::beer1:

I cant actually believe were about to sign someone :D

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

am still pessimistic, someone slap me !

Mate u have got every right to be, until the ink is dry on his contract, and we see him in a gers top anything can happen. but things look good (tu)

SO FAR (tu)

He could be realistic instead ;)

Mate u have got every right to be, until the ink is dry on his contract, and we see him in a gers top anything can happen. but things look good (tu)

SO FAR (tu)

Well wont be that if we are all having victory wanks then its confirmed he couldnt agree terms :)

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

SO FAR (tu)

Well wont be that if we are all having victory wanks then its confirmed he couldnt agree terms :)

Which is why you should be realistic. There is a very good chance he is signing, but it's not definite.

I think we should cast our eyes over at the Tims signing of Ledley, im sure that he went back and forth from the piggery and cardiff for quite a while, before finally deciding to join them, I wouldn't look too deeply into it.

Took the words right out of my mouth my good man. :sherlock:

Great minds :pipe:

I reckon Eagles is exactly what we need. Fingers crossed we get him. As for Thommo and Boyd...i hope they are flops under strachan. They are going to miss out on a memorable season i think.

Not seen much of this guy, so i'll give him time to prove himself if he does sign for us.

I like the idea that he is a creative player, although the comments about his consistency worry me, the fans at Ibrox are among the most fickle in the world, so consistency can be a huge issue (td)

My only concern is that he is looking for exposure to other teams playing in the Champions League games. Not going to get that at Burnley and he was well down on SAF's list of right wingers.

Disagree with that,

He actually turned down a new deal at Utd to get first teamm football, so yeh although he might have been well down the list, SAF abviously thought he was good enough to keep on. Which is saying something when you look at other guys like Lee Martin, Luke Chadwick etc who were all coming through at the same time as him and were supposed to have potential but were punted.

So what if hes looking for exposure, as long as he pulls his weight and performs then thats good enough for me.

We have been crying out for pacy left and right sided players. If we are going to play with only one striker in Europe you need quick players who can break. Eagles would at least give us an option but I would like to see us bring in a left sided player and probably another left back.