Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

Funny bit about this is people on here still think we will spend £3.5m on 1 player.

funny thing is people on here seem to know how much funds we have, and im sure we were told any dealings would be concluded later in the transfer window, so im relativaly optimistic that we will be fine, good to see some on here have already conceded the title, no surrender, or summit along those lines

Last day loans for crap players, that what you mean by deals later in the transfer window?

Funny bit about this is people on here still think we will spend £3.5m on 1 player.

you are the most negative person on here man, can you not see fellow posters' posts about you ?

get to fuck with all your shit posts.

and you know for defo we won't pay 3.5 mil for one player ? jog on ya prick

Its all words and no action from Rangers, what happened to Bain wanting 3 players, nothing has happened and i dont expect it to

Why don't you expect it to?

I'll only get angry at the club if we've made no signings come September 1st.

Thing is Kev, this getting angry at September 1st.

1, It's too late to change anything in this campaign.

2, We've never do anything, as our last 4 windows have proved we accept it and move on.

We should be using the Newcastle friendly and our home game against Kilmarnock, as a reminder to our board we ain't happy at our current situation.

Do you think the board don't know we want signings? Do you think the board don't know we need signings? We will make signings before September 1st, of that I have no doubt. My point is that getting angry at the club today because the Jelavic deal is looking less likely is pointless. They will either be working hard to get this done, or looking elsewhere. What more do we want them to do? Just somehow sign somebody today? No thanks.

The point isn't about Jelavic, it's about the total lack of movement and strengthening of our squad in this window and the last few years.

Our board is taking us for mugs, it's constant sell, sell, sell... It's time we as fans started cranking up the pressure and not just wait and see.

you are the most negative person on here man, can you not see fellow posters' posts about you ?

well said mate :wink::praise:

Very good my man. When you back at school???

funny thing is people on here seem to know how much funds we have, and im sure we were told any dealings would be concluded later in the transfer window, so im relativaly optimistic that we will be fine, good to see some on here have already conceded the title, no surrender, or summit along those lines

Last day loans for crap players, that what you mean by deals later in the transfer window?

u got a vivid imagination if you come to that conclusion from what i said, where did i say that?

Its all words and no action from Rangers, what happened to Bain wanting 3 players, nothing has happened and i dont expect it to

2, We've never do anything, as our last 4 windows have proved we accept it and move on.

We should be using the Newcastle friendly and our home game against Kilmarnock, as a reminder to our board we ain't happy at our current situation.

Do you think the board don't know we want signings? Do you think the board don't know we need signings? We will make signings before September 1st, of that I have no doubt. My point is that getting angry at the club today because the Jelavic deal is looking less likely is pointless. They will either be working hard to get this done, or looking elsewhere. What more do we want them to do? Just somehow sign somebody today? No thanks.

The point isn't about Jelavic, it's about the total lack of movement and strengthening of our squad in this window and the last few years.

Our board is taking us for mugs, it's constant sell, sell, sell... It's time we as fans started cranking up the pressure and not just wait and see.

exactly lol start the chants the mawra at the game :wink::clap:

The last couple of seasons we haven't been allowed to buy players, so there isn't much us or the club could have done about it.

As for this transfer window, we don't know what is going on in the background regarding possible targets, hell we had a bid for Eagles accepted, and he visited the club/ground/training facilities but then got greedy and wanted more money.

Surely genuine interest and bids for Jelavic is the club makes moves?

We have inquired, but we stalled, stalled and then stalled some more. As I said to you few days ago if he is you're no1 target and we have the money, you get this player tied up weeks ago before he plays in a Europa league Qualifier.

At times with us it seems, we show interest in a player. Wait til somebody else becomes interested then slowly back off so we can save face.

Rangers manager Walter Smith remains hopeful of signing Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic and expects a resolution over the potential transfer next week.

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain failed to seal a deal for the Croatia international after flying to Austria this week, but Smith revealed that talks were continuing.

Negotiations are ongoing,' Smith said. 'They are keen for him to play in their domestic game at the weekend.

We will hopefully find out one way or another at the start of next week.'The 24-year-old scored 21 goals last season, including three against Celtic in the Europa League.

Smith added: 'Negotiations with both the club and the player, and his agents, are ongoing.

'He's a player we have been watching for a while. As normal, the club initially weren't too keen to sell him, but then they indicated they would be happy to listen to what we had to say.

'He's a player I think would do a really good job for us.'

Smith does not expect Rapid to hold out until after their Europa League play-offs later this month.

'No, there's not that fear,' Smith said. 'I think we have to have a resolution at some stage next week.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1300915/Rangers-confident-deal-Croatia-ace-Nikica-Jelavic.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0vq0kdvxd

Surely genuine interest and bids for Jelavic is the club makes moves?

We have inquired, but we stalled, stalled and then stalled some more. As I said to you few days ago if he is you're no1 target and we have the money, you get this player tied up weeks ago before he plays in a Europa league Qualifier.

At times with us it seems, we show interest in a player. Wait til somebody else becomes interested then slowly back off so we can save face.

Walters already said Vienna werent interested in doing business, and then came back at a later date to see what we had to offer

Walter Smith has confirmed Rangers are continuing to talk terms with Rapid Vienna over the signing of striker Nikica Jelavic. The Gers boss said on Friday he hoped to know by early next week whether or not the club had been successful in their attempts to sign the Croatian.

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain returned from Austria on Thursday night having failed to convince Rapid’s board to accept an offer in the region of £3.5 million. It is believed the club’s sporting director, Alfred Hoertnagl, and general manager, Werner Kuhn, are holding out for a further £650,000.

But Rapid, who will face Aston Villa in the play-off stage of the Europa League, are in no rush to sell their prize asset. With a league match against Sturm Graz upcoming at the weekend, talks are on the back burner in the meantime but Smith believes he will know within the next five days whether or not Rangers’ offer has been accepted.

“The negotiations are ongoing,” Smith said on Friday. “I think they are keen for the player to play in their domestic game over the weekend.

“I’m told we will find out one way or the other at the start of next week. As I say, the negotiations with the club and the player, through his agents, are ongoing.”

Jelavic has started strongly this season, scoring five times for Rapid in their opening league and Europa League games. His record in front of goal last campaign is well-documented, having netted 18 league goals last season. He also found the net nine times in 12 Europa League games last term.

“He’s a player I’ve been watching for a while,” Smith revealed. “His club initially weren’t too keen to sell but they then indicated they would be happy to listen to what we had to say.”

Rapid’s sporting director Hoertnagl told Austrian newspaper Kurier of the impasse surrounding the move after talks with Bain on Thursday. “There has been no resolution,” he said. “Jelavic must focus on the game this Sunday. There is time for him to move to Rangers yet.”

Rangers lost six players over the summer, including Kris Boyd, Danny Wilson and Kevin Thomson, and have so far been unsuccessful in bringing in replacements. A move for Burnley’s Chris Eagles broke down in July, while Honduran striker Georgie Welcome is currently on trial at Murray Park.

Right I will get the banner made up "we deserve better...negotiators" how's that?

Very good my man. When you back at school???

when will I be back at school ?, not too sure yet mate but I don't think my boss will be happy

*change your username to "-" (negative) :wink:

Because of our situation and like i have said before i dont believe what Bain or people like that at our club say anymore. What happened to these south africans? I can see us getting maybe a player on the last day and he will be nothing better than what we have. We are getting an extra couple of million from celtic not qualifying for the champions league, we have won the league 2 years in a row yet where is the money ?

That is what i would like to know more than anything, where the money has gone. We only need to pay 1 million a year to it that is fuck all, we are being kept in the dark

83 pages for a guy that has not even had a bid accepted for him ? :anguish: x1690

that is embarrasing and we will look like fucking idiots if we don't get him

Rapid Vienna scumbag green & shite cunts

Exactly its a joke mate more than 80 pages for someone who looks like he wont be here we will all look like fannies and the tims will be laughing there heads off. I just wish we didnt get excited until we actually sign someone because we have been let down so much in the past and no doubt we will be given excuses by Bain about not getting players,its a load of pish

Walter Smith reckons he will know in the next 5 days if thier bid is successful? what a joke.

As much as I like the lad, pull the plug and move onto other targets before we start the season with 6 players less than the team that finished the season (7 if you count Flecks injury)

We needed 3 or 4 players BEFORE the 6 players left, nevermind now.

I'm not panicing, but Rangers really need to up the ante a bit here before we end up with no-one.

Surely they are persuing other targets behind the scenes too?

Right I will get the banner made up "we deserve better...negotiators" how's that?

The thing is... We can all joke and laugh about this, but deep down we'd all admit we do deserve better.