Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

Hate how long this deal has been taking, everyday we wait (even the ones with a bit of positive news) just makes it more likely that it's going to collapse if it hasn't already.

Want the guy BADLY though

Emilio Izaguirre’s move to Celtic appears imminent, with the Honduran left-back in Glasgow for a medical having reportedly agreed a three-year deal ahead of a £600,000 switch from Motagua.

“I go to Europe to sign for Celtic and I am very excited about it,” Izaguirre said. “My agent worked very hard to get me a move to a big European club. Now I’m going to achieve my lifetime ambition of signing for a huge team. I know I will be a success in Europe. Now I just want to go and play for my new club.”

Hopes of Craig Bellamy joining him took another twist last night, with reports in Wales claiming a deal is all but done to take the Manchester City striker to Cardiff City on loan.

Meanwhile, Rangers signing target Nikica Jelavic has taken it upon himself to rekindle negotiations with the club having feared his move to Ibrox was dead.

Jelavic’s agent made contact with Martin Bain, Rangers’ chief executive, over the weekend and made it clear the Croatian internationalist would still like to join the Clydesdale Bank Premier League champions. Rangers’ position has hardened over the past few days, though, having become frustrated with the £4m-rated striker for stalling over a payment he was due from Rapid Vienna.

Rangers backed away from the deal and signed striker James Beattie, then made a bid for another, Tommy Smith of Portsmouth, instead. That prompted Jelavic, 24, to get in touch and now the on/off deal is alive again.

Walter Smith, the Rangers manager, still regards Jelavic as his main summer target.

Seems Bain did good in making Jelavic know Rangers would not wait any longer, and force him to make a move himself.

Looks like thats the line we should have taken from the start. Im just wanting this to end one way or the other asap i dont think this is good for anyone on heres health if it dosent lol

If EPL teams is in for him we can forget about it.

WBA though? the guy would have to be absolutely retarded! not to mention extremely greedy. play in a relegation battle or come up here, win a few trophies and play at least six games in the champions league. even if money was your motive, the latter would have to be your first choice. play a couple of years in the CL and a team much bigger than WBA in the EPL will want you! <cr>

WBA though? the guy would have to be absolutely retarded! not to mention extremely greedy. play in a relegation battle or come up here, win a few trophies and play at least six games in the champions league. even if money was your motive, the latter would have to be your first choice. play a couple of years in the CL and a team much bigger than WBA in the EPL will want you! <cr>

Dont wanna sound negative or anything infact I hate the negativity on here but I can see him rather going to the EPL than playing in a shitty scottish league and watching us get pumped in the champions league last season wont helpthe decision in our favour.

Maybe we could do good in CL this season with him but who knows hopefully we land him he looks class!

I don't think I've ever been as bored of a potential transfer as I am with this one :(

Agreed the lack of actual genuine news on this is actually shocking. We are living off Mhedia and snip bits from interviews with Bain, Smitha and McCoist.

I just want closure on this transfer either way asap.

ET :D Rangers signing target Nikica Jelavic is preparing to waive a personal pay-off to secure a move to Ibrox.

The SPL champions withdrew from the race for the Croatian ace at the end of last week after agreeing a £4million deal with Rapid Vienna.

It is believed the powerful striker was holding out for a bonus payment included in his contract should a club table a bid for him.

However, the Austrian club were only prepared to sell the player if he abandoned the right to such a pay-off and it now looks as though Jelavic is ready to forget his payment in push through his transfer to Rangers.

Contact was made between the two parties over the weekend as the player’s advisor called Rangers chief executive Martin Bain and informed him the highly-rated striker was determined to make it possible for the deal to go through.

Smith believes Rangers would be landing a top talent if they can land Jelavic and is confident the club could sell the striker on to an English Premier League side for a massive profit a couple of years down the line.

Although Gers have landed James Beattie from Stoke City and are also in the hunt for Portsmouth’s Tommy Smith, Jelavic is without doubt the player Smith wants to lead the line.

Now that Jelavic has indicated he is desperate for the move to go through, Rangers will once again work on concluding that over the next few days, but Smith also wants other players brought in to enhance his squad.

A winger with pace remains a priority and he is also keen to secure the services of another attacking midfield player who will get into the penalty area and score goals.