Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

What are the requirements for getting a work permit?

To have played in 75% of the countries competitive matches over the last 2 years and for the country to have a higher ranking than 70th

If a player doesnt meet those criteria, which i doubt Jelavic will then on appeal the panel's terms of reference are:

* To consider whether the player is of the highest calibre.

* To consider whether the player is able to contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in United Kingdom.

They just have to go before a panel and explain why he'll be an asset to the SPL I think. And being he was one of the top scorers in the league and a rising player for a good international team means he shouldn't have much trouble getting one IMO.

To have played in 75% of the countries competitive matches over the last 2 years and for the country to have a higher ranking than 70th

If a player doesnt meet those criteria, which i doubt Jelavic will then on appeal the panel's terms of reference are:

* To consider whether the player is of the highest calibre.

* To consider whether the player is able to contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in United Kingdom.

Is the appeals panel not made up of Billy McNeil and the likes?

75% of competitive games or be a younger star on the up and up.

if the competitive games are the ones that count, than he has even less games. I think he played only in friendlies if my memory's good

Is the appeals panel not made up of Billy McNeil and the likes?

The panel will normally consist of representatives from the relevant football governing bodies together with up to three independent experts.

It is people like that, and SPL representatives, but not a chance in hell they wont give him one

Matters about as much as Villa making 11 changes to their squad, Jelavic is no longer a Rapid player so it effects us not.

Will he not be cup tied if Rapid go through since he played in previous rounds? No?

yep who gives a fook now jela's no playin & on his way to the gers :uk:

well it does matter, if rapid go through then jelavic cant play in the champions leauge doh

Matters about as much as Villa making 11 changes to their squad, Jelavic is no longer a Rapid player so it effects us not.

It does, if Rapid make the group stages, then Jelavic is unable to play in the Champions League for us.