Best Player Tonight ?

DavieMacRFC

300 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Our Best Player At Old Trafford ???

• McGregor
    • Broadfoot
    • Weir
    • Bougherra
    • Papac
    • McCulloch
    • Edu
    • Davis
    • Miller
    • Whittaker
    • Naismith
    • Lafferty
    • The Whole Team

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with others about McCulloch and Edu, but in terms of where he has been in previous seasons and what he did last night I'll go for Naismith. He held the line well up front; and this season he has came on to a game. I think when Steven Davis goes up a gear then Naismith might get even better.

Last night, Naismith looked very confident, and that caught my eye; I think he must have had a good think to himself in the Summer, he also looks as if he is a bit lighter-he has a real chance to become a good Rangers player if he keeps that up.

Edu wasn't as good in the first-half, but in the second half he was very good, and Lee McCulloch, remember he has scored in Lyon, is a player every successful team has in the side- I've never liked the jibes the man gets from some fans, and hopefully this finally does away with those.

No Rangers team ever sets out to lose, or thinks they'll lose; it was sad, and depressing, to read some Rangers fans predict 3-0 and even 5-0 defeats- it's time we realised that this Club will compete at any level, in any way necessary, to get a result, against any opposition. Well done the Rangers.

I picked Broadfoot but the fact Weir gets some votes is testamemnt to his continued worth and commitment to the cause so a special metion in despatches to him. (A team of Davie Weirs - last night was as close as we will come to that with that defensive lineup - and it got a point very few were predicting.

(tu) as soon as the game finished i wasn't really listening to the commentators was too buzzing to listen to them :lol: did bougherra get man of the match.????

boogie.png

Yes,he did!

MADJID BOUGHERRA has praised his teammates after tonight's goalless draw at Old Trafford.

The Algerian defender was named man-of-the-match by UEFA on a proud night for the club but admits that any player in a Light Blue jersey could have been given the award.

Madjid Bougherra against Manchester UtdHe said: "It's great to get a point at Old Trafford. Last year we did well away from home and we continued that tonight.

"I thought as a team we defended very well and this result can give us a lot of confidence in the Champions League.

"The gaffer did very well I think because he played with five at the back and this worked very well.

"We managed to keep it tight and Kirk (Broadfoot) was very good.

"He was asked to play at left-back and I thought he was excellent.

"But this was a team performance and to play against a team like Manchester United away from home and not concede is a very good thing for the club.

"Not many teams come to Old Trafford and manage this so we are very pleased, it was a great night."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100914/a-team-effort_2254024_2154305