Top Players You Don't Rate

andymc10

I'm getting bored of posting the Zonal Marking article on Busquets so if people would just look it up themselves (tu);)

The ever present engine of two leagues, a Champions League and a World Cup in two seasons of professional football.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get a lot of stick for this but fuck it, I'll throw it in there anyway...

Wesley Sneijder.

He's top class but I don't rate him as world class and in the same league as guys like Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas etc . He's a league below that.

I'm getting bored of posting the Zonal Marking article on Busquets so if people would just look it up themselves (tu);)

The ever present engine of two leagues, a Champions League and a World Cup in two seasons of professional football.

He plays in the 2 of those tournaments with 2 of the best midfield players on the planet in Xavi and Iniesta who run the show while Busquets contributes nothing. Half the time I watch Barca he's behind or inline with the centre halfs and playes the ball sideways, not a patch on Yaya Toure in that midfield and I still cant quite understand why Guardiola let him go.

I'll get a lot of stick for this but fuck it, I'll throw it in there anyway...

Wesley Sneijder.

He's top class but I don't rate him as world class and in the same league as guys like Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas etc . He's a league below that.

Agree.

To me, to be a world class player like xavi, iniesta etc you have to be as consistent as them, any time I ever see Sneijder he's either looking top class or he's looking un-interested which dampens my view on him, I hate him now though like the rest of the Holland squad after the world cup.

Mauro Camoranesi

Ramires

Javier Mascherano

John O'Shea

Gareth Barry

Dirk Kuyt

Joe Cole (Overrated)

Theo Walcott (Overrated)

Mario Gomez

Karim Ziani

Denilson

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since when has John O'Shea been a "top" player?

busquets is a brilliant player, just one who goes about his own business. no bad player would ever be a certain starter in both a champions league winning team and a world cup team. and anyone who thinks all he does is play 5-yard passes, look up his performance against villareal on youtube.

There was a time when John Terry was absolutely superb, but it's no surprise that his comeback to the Chelsea team recently coincided with a couple of defeats.

He doesn't have it any more, in my opinion at least.

There's a lot of players in here that aren't 'top' players which makes this an interesting thread and a very hard question.

I've seen Seedorf and Iniesta mentioned though - what the fuck?!

In the premiership

Dirk Kuyt

Carlos Tevez

James Milner

Gareth Barry

Ryan Giggs

Assou Ekotto

Stephen Warnock

Wayne Bridge

Robin Van Persie

Andrey Arshavin

Tomas Rosicky

David N'gog

Nicklas Bendtner

Dimitar Berbatov

Also

Franck Ribery

Those choices are crazy. Tevez is one of the best players in the world I think. Agree with Kuyt though. He is murder.

There was a time when John Terry was absolutely superb, but it's no surprise that his comeback to the Chelsea team recently coincided with a couple of defeats.

He doesn't have it any more, in my opinion at least.

There's a lot of players in here that aren't 'top' players which makes this an interesting thread and a very hard question.

I've seen Seedorf and Iniesta mentioned though - what the fuck?!

Clarence Seedorf, IMO, is one of the most underrated players in world football!

Clarence Seedorf;

Club playing honours

Ajax

* Eredivisie: 1993–94, 1994–95

* KNVB Cup: 1993

* Johan Cruijff-schaal: 1993, 1994

* UEFA Champions League: 1995

Real Madrid

* La Liga: 1996–97

* Supercopa de España: 1997

* UEFA Champions League: 1998

* Intercontinental Cup: 1998

Milan

* Serie A: 2003–04

* Coppa Italia: 2002–03

* Supercoppa Italiana: 2004

* UEFA Champions League: 2003, 2007

* UEFA Super Cup: 2003, 2007

* FIFA Club World Cup: 2007

Individual playing honours

* Dutch Talent of the Year: 1993, 1994

* FIFA 100

* UEFA Best Midfielder Award: 1997–1998, 2006–07

* FIFA World Cup Silver Ball: 2007

* UEFA Team of the Year: 2002, 2007

* Real Madrid Team of the Century: 2008

Incredible!

Rio Ferdinand

James Milner

Gareth Bale

Berbatov

Tbh ... any player who costs over £20m, no player/person is "worth" that amount of money.

Don't really watch other footie outside the SPL, EPL & CL so can't comment on anything else.