***Czech Republic Vs Scotland***

Thommo

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darren fletcher should be playing the holding role and he should have Dorrans and maybe Adam in front of him given the lack of options we have there, morrison naismith out wide and a lone striker, be it mackie or miller

Darren fletcher should be playing the holding role and he should have Dorrans and maybe Adam in front of him given the lack of options we have there, morrison naismith out wide and a lone striker, be it mackie or miller

The way sky sports news lined it up was a 4-2-3-1 with Caldwell and Fletcher in the middle with Dorrans behind Mackie and Naismith on the left and Morrison on the right.

Fletcher and Caldwell will be holding I think as Levein said he will defend.

I dont know if thats the way we will line up as I have seen a 4-6-0 and a 4-2-2-2.

I really can seeing us win this even with all the doubts I have over the team selection.

Darren Flecther going back to the holding midfielder role is best for everyone, he is fantastic at it. Gary Caldwell for as much as I don't like him and I question his selection, he will give extra cover to aid the lack of pace Davie Weir. Alan Hutton and Steven Whittaker could be key. With the two holding midfielders, it gives these two a chance to express themselves down the flanks and maybe give the Czech's that surprise factor, coming from deep.

Further up the pitch are players who are in form. Graeme Dorrans, is Scotland's best player. I reckon he will be very keen to show it and given the ball he could cause the Czech's alot of problems. James Morrison was brilliant when he came on against Lichtenstein and off the back of a goal at the weekend for West Brom. We all know what kind of form Steven Naismith and something similar to the first half he produced agaisnt Bursaspor could prove crucial. The selection of Jamie Mackie over Kenny Miller is the biggest question mark I have, but you can't get round the fact Mackie is on fire in a better league. He has got to be given his chance, let's hope he can produce.

This could be a masterstroke from Levein, but as we all know it could also be an epic disaster!

Only scotland could go 4-6-0 :lol:

But if thats what their doing to get a point, good luck to them.

Man U won the Premiership with it a few seasons ago when Ronaldo and Tevez were there. It's not necessarily a negative formation; defenders get bamboozled by the lack of anyone to mark and are drawn into areas of the pitch they're not used to leaving room for deep lying attackers to exploit. That said you really need players like Tevez and Ronaldo to make it work!

havent read rest of threas but no doubt this has been mentioned, mackie over kenny? obviously were biased but come on? levein playing for a draw with caldwell holding and he doesnt want to play kenny? has he been watching us this season? did he watch the game at OT??

such a shame barry decided against playing, he would be perfect to control this game. cant beleive charlie isnt even on the bench as an option either.

Man U won the Premiership with it a few seasons ago when Ronaldo and Tevez were there. It's not necessarily a negative formation; defenders get bamboozled by the lack of anyone to mark and are drawn into areas of the pitch they're not used to leaving room for deep lying attackers to exploit. That said you really need players like Tevez and Ronaldo to make it work!

The 'false number 9'

Jonathan Wilson :love:

Tall order but fingers crossed we can get something positive from this tonight. Can't understand Levein not starting Kenny, but he could still be very effective as a sub if needed (and I highly doubt Craig would wait 'till the 75th minute if things weren't working well in that department).