Europa League Run

BR_54

Europa League Run  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see us have one?

I was just wondering - if we drop out of the UCL - what us bears would prefer?

To drop out of the Europa League asap? Or to get a good run going?

I would choose a good run in the Europa League all the time, the run in the Uefa Cup was incredible and i think we would have a good chance this time round. Also, the extra revenue can only be a good thing for the club!

I'm always surprised when fans claim that they'd rather not, as the Europa League is an unwanted distraction from the SPL - which i think isn't the right mentality for a club like ours to have, we should want to win/give a good account of ourselves in everything we can compete in!

Dont agree with that ?

We got to the uefa cup final and i dont care what its called now Europa league

as far as we can go and the more games means more money .

We all want to get to the next stage in the champions league but no one in there right mind

would want us to take any competition lightly - you just need to look at the final location a trip there would be incentive enough .

We'd need to work really hard to reach the final. And we also need to work hard to ensure European football after Christmas, even if it's just a point we need.

Remember the competition contains Liverpool, Man City, Juventus, Athletico Madrid, Villarreal, Sevilla, Porto plus whoever finishes 3rd in the group stages.

It's a cup for also rans and might hamper league form but you'll always want Rangers to win... so i'd want to stay in it for as long as possible (might even get the chance to take over Dublin for the day).

Actually we can lose against Valencia and still have European football after Xmas secured.

Just read this on Wiki...

On the next matchday (2 November):

* Bursaspor will be eliminated from the knockout stage if they lose to Manchester United AND Rangers and Valencia do not draw.

No wait, a win would :lol:

theres only 2 european trophies per season

i find it crazy that people view it as a " diddy " cup

i want to beat every team we play and get our name back to where it once was in european reputation

Back in the day people viewed winning it (UEFA Cup) as an achievement and even the Cup winners cup was held in high regard but now if you fail in the Champions league you still have a chance at this. I think that's why it's lost its appeal.

Get ourselfs to Dublin !! :crabflute:

I'd consider conceeding the league to see 200 thousand Bears in Dublin for a second crack at winning the UEFA Cup.

OHHH FUCK YES!!! I just came a little! :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute: :crabflute:

If it's a choice between a run in the Europa and winning the SPL then no. Not enough financial rewards from that cup.

SPL is more important as it is the route to the following season's CL group stages (think next year it's via qualifying round but less rounds than finishing runners up)

I have mixed feelings with the question tbh. If we drop out the CL then I would like to see us completely focus on the league, but then again ...... to go on another run in Europe would be amazing.

If it's a choice between a run in the Europa and winning the SPL then no. Not enough financial rewards from that cup.

SPL is more important as it is the route to the following season's CL group stages (think next year it's via qualifying round but less rounds than finishing runners up)

That's true, but if we could win our second euro trophy...

If we end up in Europa then I hope we go as far as possible, same as any competition.

As long as we don't get dubious league cancellations then there won't be a fixture backlog problem.

A more pertinent question would be would you rather make the last 16 and probably go out, or go into Europa and have a run of games, maybe even get to final again?

My answer would be last 16 every time, more money and we'd still have a chance to go further. The only bonus for Europa would be a chance to win it, but if you look at the teams in it, if they took it seriously then some are up there with CL teams, so we'd have the sane chance of progression in CL