Takeover talk - Rangers confirm Whyte talks

cwoodloyal

Last night he claimed mr Whyte the person was in liquadation despite the link he provided saying A company of which he was 1 of a number of directors at was in Administration.

Remember OC they dont do facts :sherlock:

They are fucking shiting themselfs big time.

Aye leave them to dig out what they like , i notice all the decent fans of 666fc are busy trying to find those small number of fans that shamed the club AGAIN.

Craig Whyte and Andrew Ellis are in talks over a joint bid to buy Sir David Murray's shares in Rangers Football Club. STV understands that, if the deal goes ahead, Whyte will hold a 75 per cent stake in the pair's purchase of Murray's 92 per cent shareholding. Ellis, who failed in a takeover bid earlier this year, will hold the remaining 25 per cent.

As part of their £33 million purchase, £27.5 million will be spent clearing Rangers' debts with Lloyds TSB. A further £5.5 million will then be spent on paying shareholders, with 85 per cent of that figure going to Murray.

Talks between Whyte, Ellis and Murray have been described as "positive", although Whyte has stressed in a statement to the Stock Exchange that talks are at an "early stage". Murray is understood to be happy with the progress of the talks, with the possibility remaining the deal will be concluded before Christmas.

The statement, released on Whyte's behalf on Thursday morning, read: “Craig Whyte notes the articles in today's press regarding discussions between him and Murray International Holdings Limited ("MIH") with a view to him acquiring MIH's majority shareholding in Rangers Football Club Plc ("RFC").

“Mr Whyte confirms that he is considering making an offer for RFC and is in talks with MIH but that these are at an early stage and there can be no certainty that an offer will ultimately be made.

“Mr Whyte has not yet approached the board of RFC. A further statement will be made in due course.

"This is an announcement falling under Rule 2.4 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (the "Code") and does not constitute an announcement of a firm intention to make an offer. Accordingly, there can be no certainty that a formal offer for Rangers Football Club Plc will be made."

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/SPL/Rangers

The more I hear about this bloke the more I think 'things that make you go hmmmm'

Of course most business men are ruthless by nature and at the very least he's a Rangers man so should have the clubs interests at heart, but.....

Approach with caution would be my advice.

I don't think SDM needs your advice pal :pipe:

One things for sure...... It's great to see the timothys running around clutching at straws, getting the wrong end of every stick they find.

He may or may not be the whyte knight we are looking for (shameful pun intended) but the stuff being dragged up as alleged facts are anything but facts.

You can't tell me the entire media has the wrong Ellis but the tins know who it really is. Seriously? You have to laugh at them

proper missed the bus on this....been busy as all day. to save reading the whole thread, is he a bear as papers suggest? and obv this is just first contact through official lines as directors statement says.

so i should not take much notice of this...as we have been here before in the summer...am i on the right lines?

Let's hope this deal is successful. I cannot see SDM carrying on meetings and negotiations without initially getting some proof that the prospective buyer has in fact got the funding to complete any deal.

The prospective buyer is probably now doing his due diligence to ascertain exactly what Rangers situation is and how he thinks he can carry the club forward.

After that a deal must be struck with SDM/MIH and approved by the RFC Board.

Thats how I see it, but others may know better/more.

Let's hope this deal is successful. I cannot see SDM carrying on meetings and negotiations without initially getting some proof that the prospective buyer has in fact got the funding to complete any deal.

The prospective buyer is probably now doing his due diligence to ascertain exactly what Rangers situation is and how he thinks he can carry the club forward.

After that a deal must be struck with SDM/MIH and approved by the RFC Board.

Thats how I see it, but others may know better/more.

If indeed Ellis is in the fray then perhaps due diligence can be dispensed with?

Either way I hope this isn't going to drag on and on.

We have a transfer window looming. We need to know one way or the other if we can spend or more importantly fend off bids.

Just in from work, thought i would come home to seeing this not confirmed by the club yet. So im glad they club have came out and told the fans, unlike with the Ellis saga we were kept in the dark for a long period of time.

I think its because the Ellis deal was a dead in the water from the start (Hindsights a great thing). This sounds more plausible as both the club and Whyte have confirmed talks on the same day as the mhedia broke the story. The whole Ellis involvement doesn't sit right with me though. If it is indeed Andrew Ellis

proper missed the bus on this....been busy as all day. to save reading the whole thread, is he a bear as papers suggest? and obv this is just first contact through official lines as directors statement says.

so i should not take much notice of this...as we have been here before in the summer...am i on the right lines?

Whyte has a box at Ibrox, whether he's a blue to the bone is another matter.

The difference this time AFAIK is that SDM has stated that he is happy with the talks so far, the buyer(s) don't need to go through all the Due Dilligence as Ellis is involved and he has carried it out before.

I think SDM wasn't too happy first time because he wasn't sure about the backers :pipe:

This story may not be true but coming on here with these posts that the guy bankrupt a company many years ago is just silly. If he has failed before he certainly isn't the 1st, now wealthy, business man to make a mistake and won't be the last.

As they say 'a man who makes no mistakes makes nothing'!

Im taking quite alot of confidence in the fact this is a known Rangers man were talking about buying the club. Also Ellis doesnt bother me either as he will not be the owner and if he does try anything dodgy at the club the owner will set him straight , methinks ellis is here for the land and if he redevelopes it successfully and makes some money for the club then good on him (tu) and good for us (tu) thats if it all goes through :lol: