The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Craig Whyte has a race against the clock to buy Rangers today – or the deal will be delayed by at least another five days.

Sources close to the venture capitalist, who is attempting to finally force through his £55million take-over of the Ibrox club, says he is determined for a final push today to get it over the line.

The stock market shuts at 4.30pm, and will then be closed tomorrow for the Royal Wedding and also on Monday for the bank holiday.

If Whyte cannot complete today, it would be Tuesday at the earliest before a deal could be agreed and announced.

It is believed there are still some dissenting voices on the Gers board over his takeover plans, and they still view the Paul Murray/Dave King rival bid as a better option.

Sir David Murray will also not give the green light until he gets the paperwork from Whyte’s legal team proving that a transfer kitty has been ring-fenced for boss-in- waiting Ally McCoist.

But a source from Whyte said: “Everyone is working around the clock to get the deal finalised. He wants it done before the markets close. Everything is almost in place. The deal is almost done.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/craig-whyte-race-to-seal-the-deal-1.1098529

Why do I get the feeling that this isn't over yet ??

Last week it was all ready to go but the board blocked it in a surprise last minute move as this paper reported it.

Is that so ?

Seems odd according to that report, that Murray is now holding out for paperwork and so is Whyte.

They are just making this shit up.

On Royal Wedding day. Now that would be bloody top.

It would either be announced today or have to wait until Tuesday next ... or at least that's what everyone is reporting.

Bloody Royal Wedding, holding up a much bigger event for another great British insitution :craphead:

This board will have to be dismantled if and when this Takeover goes through..

Do these Clowns that are still not happy with bid realise they are jeopardising the very future of our Club?

Murray nor Lloyds have had a care for what they are proposing...As Murray said previous..."Show me the money then we can talk"

Guest therabbitt

I think that they could announce it anytime they wanted, but it wouldnt be officially put through until the market were to open again.

This board will have to be dismantled if and when this Takeover goes through..

Do these Clowns that are still not happy with bid realise they are jeopardising the very future of our Club?

Murray nor Lloyds have had a care for what they are proposing...As Murray said previous..."Show me the money then we can talk"

Murray does care. Why talk to a potential buyer if he hasn't got a quid to spend?

It would be interesting PR to take the uefa hearings off the back and front pages tomorrow by selling the club late this afternoon.....

Straw clutching a wee bit??

We've had a number of 'great opportunities' to announce this deal.

It would be interesting PR to take the uefa hearings off the back and front pages tomorrow by selling the club late this afternoon.....

If that was to happen, I think it would be a good signal of intent on a tightening up of our PR.

this isn't gonna happen untill the season is over, then again with the way things are and the amount of obsticles being chucked in his path, it wouldn't at all shock me if the deal collapsed and he walked away.

(tu) This.

another typical David Murray decision - "don't announce it until the leagues done, because if we don't win, it takes headlines away from Celtic".

fucking get it done and let us get on with business.

the papers could be gettin signed as we speak (hopefully) if not personally im going to try n stick it at the back of my mind untill it does happen

been going on far too long

murry sign this great club over to mr whyte since your not intrested anymore get it over n done with so we can plan for next season