Boxing and MMA

Why didn't he TELL Hopkins that if he didn't get up then this and that would happen? Why didn't Hopkins get the 5 minutes time to recover? Why is he telling Hopkins he can't continue without seeing the doctor?

Not sure if it is just pish, but saw this on another board:

In the post fight interview he said he would have continued if given the choice. The ref was heard loud and clear on camera asking Hopkins if he could continue. Hopkins way of quitting was answering the ref, "with one arm?", to which the ref was again heard loud and clear saying, "there was no foul, I'm going to rule it a technical knockout." Hopkins was hearing this, he knew the fight was going to go to Dawson by way of tko, and yet when Buffer announced it by making it official, he acts like it was news to him.

Will I get my money back for my bet as I had a cleverly Hopkins double

I think most bookies will have paid out on Dawson TKO. I know Betfair will have:

All individual bout markets will be settled according to the official result of the relevant governing body immediately after the end of the fight, regardless of any subsequent disqualification or amendment to the result (except if an amendment is announced within 24 hours of the initial settlement of the relevant market in order to correct an error in tallying the points or in order to correct an error in reporting the result).

Might be worth checking with your bookie if they do rule it a technical draw next week.

Edit* Bill Hills and Boyle's have also settled bets already.

Hop landed ass first. Only a pensioner suffers serious injury on a fall like that. A broken hip would have been more appropriate.

He was being a dirty bastard anyway, lead right followed by a head first charge and a clinch. Rinse and repeat. All time great but a whining cheating bitch. Fuck him.

Hop landed ass first. Only a pensioner suffers serious injury on a fall like that. A broken hip would have been more appropriate.

He was being a dirty bastard anyway, lead right followed by a head first charge and a clinch. Rinse and repeat. All time great but a whining cheating bitch. Fuck him.

You blind? <cr>

He clearly landed on his elbow, could have broken his collerbone or shoulder from that.

Did you watch it?

That sounds like someone who's pal has described it to him and he hasn't bothered to watch it himself :lol:

Yes, I'm blind. Vast majority of people watching cried fake. Some still are, but its me who is blind.

It was an innocuous fall from which I'd expect your granny to pick herself up and dust herself down.

Personally I believe the injury is genuine but it could only happen if your approaching 50, is my point.