Boxing and MMA

1 minute ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Lewis saying the same he was robbed in that first fight with holyfield in the same country.

Homers happen all the time in boxing. It's shit that when you go away you know a winning performance isn't going to be good enough. Even beforehand you know you need to put in a winning performance AND then add a few more rounds on top of that. It stinks. Even a lot of the British guys at home, with the crowd get some dubious decisions in their favour as well to be fair though. It's just a shame. There are some fights where there are lots of 50/50 rounds that are hard to score but most times it's pretty obvious who wins. 

4 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Homers happen all the time in boxing. It's shit that when you go away you know a winning performance isn't going to be good enough. Even beforehand you know you need to put in a winning performance AND then add a few more rounds on top of that. It stinks. Even a lot of the British guys at home, with the crowd get some dubious decisions in their favour as well to be fair though. It's just a shame. There are some fights where there are lots of 50/50 rounds that are hard to score but most times it's pretty obvious who wins. 

Who was the last brit to hold a wbc belt? Honestly cant think, it seems to be wbc that rob fighters the most.

17 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I hate betting on boxing (even though I continue to do it) as the judging at times is so bad. A draw is probably not the worse scorecard (although I wholly disagree with it). It's the mad cunt who had it 115-11 Wilder!

Some scorecards/judging in boxing are blatant cheating IMO.

Was the Mexican judge that give 115-111. He just give this score to keep his USA visa

Fury getting up from that 12round knockdown should give him even more confidence there ain't another boxer on the planet that get up from that. 

I have always been a big fury fan and have never doubted he'd regain what he lost I believe it even more now. 

I had it 115-111 Fury, gave Wilder the 2nd and the two 10-8s. I'd honestly be sitting saying that guy who called the draw scored it terribly, but then you see 115-111 Wilder - heads blown.

Pauli Malignaggi is going in on that judge post fight saying he hopes his career is done haha - and rightly so.

29 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Still think AJ would batter either of those 2.

Bit rich for Wilder calling AJ a chicken when wilder will not speak to him.

I bet Wilder thought Fury was the easier option. Big mistake.

Joshua's not fought anyone they two wouldn't beat, so dunno how you think he would batter them. 

Fury proving again he’s the best in this country.

If he just stayed interested and never went down the drug path he would be at the top of the tree still.

AJ has nothing on him, hopefully another good training camp and we can see him outclass the jumped up weightlifter 

1 hour ago, Rum Ham said:

Joshua's not fought anyone they two wouldn't beat, so dunno how you think he would batter them. 

Joshua’s fought better fighters than either of those two have. 

Wilder is terrible, he’s got no jab and just aimlessly swings hoping to connect with his right and while Fury completely outboxed him (as was expected) he still put him on his ass twice. AJ has just as much power as Wilder and is 100x a better boxer, he won’t miss the shots Wilder did and will connect cleaner. 

20 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Joshua’s fought better fighters than either of those two have. 

Wilder is terrible, he’s got no jab and just aimlessly swings hoping to connect with his right and while Fury completely outboxed him (as was expected) he still put him on his ass twice. AJ has just as much power as Wilder and is 100x a better boxer, he won’t miss the shots Wilder did and will connect cleaner. 

8-2.thumb.gif.551d167448903739887106c0d8160338.gifj

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Haven’t watched the first back but, on first view, I don’t think a draw is a terrible result. 

When there’s two 10-8s, it doesn’t take much more to get to level pegging. 

Let’s say you give two 10-8’s in the 9th & 12th for knock-downs and Wilder (generously) another two 10-9’s 

he still lost 114-112 but I have it 115-111 Fury

fury was robbed to fuck just like GGG.

corruption in boxing over there

21 minutes ago, RosscoRFC87 said:

Let’s say you give two 10-8’s in the 9th & 12th for knock-downs and Wilder (generously) another two 10-9’s 

he still lost 114-112 but I have it 115-111 Fury

fury was robbed to fuck just like GGG.

corruption in boxing over there

Pretty much everyone is saying Fury was robbed. That says it all