Boxing and MMA

3 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

This Jake Paul shite getting well out of hand now, just seen DC arguing with him. Sadly just gives him more attention.

They've all seen the numbers. Hilarious really. Ben made his highest pay day ever for 2 mins work. They all want the fight but don't want to openly admit it. 😄

18 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Match room boxing leaving sky sports for DAZN. Interesting move if true 

Yeah I saw this a couple of weeks ago. I think Matchroom has only 3 sky dates left and then it's done. 

I think if Matchroom wanted the worldwide rights they had to sign the UK rights to them too. However I read that Joshua and Whyte aren't included in the DAZN package. 

On 18/04/2021 at 10:41, The Godfather said:

Clear dive for the KO. Laughing after it down the tunnel. 

Nah I genuinely think he’s that bad and slow, that wank Jake Paul has a good overhand right on him. Askren just had hip replacement surgery, was 21 pounds over his fighting weight and didn’t care about the whole thing but he didn’t dive, he’s just god fucking awful at anything to do with striking.

3 hours ago, CR3 said:

Nah I genuinely think he’s that bad and slow, that wank Jake Paul has a good overhand right on him. Askren just had hip replacement surgery, was 21 pounds over his fighting weight and didn’t care about the whole thing but he didn’t dive, he’s just god fucking awful at anything to do with striking.

I think he did genuinely get sat on his arse, What I found strange was the ref gave a basketball player 3 chances to recover and continue fighting in his last bout but stopped the professional MMA fighter after he said he was fine.

Shite stoppage, shite fight, great work if you can get it. 

51 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

I think he did genuinely get sat on his arse, What I found strange was the ref gave a basketball player 3 chances to recover and continue fighting in his last bout but stopped the professional MMA fighter after he said he was fine.

Shite stoppage, shite fight, great work if you can get it. 

There’s a good angle from behind askren where you see he’s still stumbling into the ref when asked to continue on. Joe Rogan basically explained if you’re going to stage getting knocked out then you’re going to try and break your fall knowingly a bit, not completely face-plant the ground. I think people want to believe it’s fake as Jake Paul is a total cunt and don’t want to accept its real that’s all.

42 minutes ago, CR3 said:

There’s a good angle from behind askren where you see he’s still stumbling into the ref when asked to continue on. Joe Rogan basically explained if you’re going to stage getting knocked out then you’re going to try and break your fall knowingly a bit, not completely face-plant the ground. I think people want to believe it’s fake as Jake Paul is a total cunt and don’t want to accept its real that’s all.

It’s not netball, he should have been allowed to continue I think. Then if Paul dives on him and fires in a few unanswered shots or Askren takes a knee/goes down then you wave it off.
Paul can throw a decent ‘no look’ overhand right that he stopped the other 2 bums he fought with, I hope he fights Tyrone Woodly.

Will be interesting to see how Parker gets on tonight against Chisora, think he'll beat him but needs to make a statement - think he's got ability just flatters to devieve abit and needs to show a killer instinct. 

7 hours ago, bluebell82 said:

Will be interesting to see how Parker gets on tonight against Chisora, think he'll beat him but needs to make a statement - think he's got ability just flatters to devieve abit and needs to show a killer instinct. 

Tonights card is decent really looking forward to the woman's fight 

Bivol v Richards another decent fight just now. 

Then later on premier sports Andy ruiz is back in the ring. 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Tonights card is decent really looking forward to the woman's fight 

Bivol v Richards another decent fight just now. 

Then later on premier sports Andy ruiz is back in the ring. 

I've not really followed women's boxing, but from the fights i have seen they seem to always be good tear ups!

Think it'd take a while for Ruiz to get back into contention for a title shot, he'll probably be seen as one to avoid now aswell.

Looking forward to Canelo v Saunders next week...I actually fancy Saunders to cause an upset or at least make it difficult for Canelo. Could see Saunders trying the Mayweather blueprint for beating him. 

37 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Taylor v Jonas fight of the night outstanding. 

Fight of the year so far 

It was a cracker. Women's boxing is really gaining momentum. There have been some cracking bouts. I like how Matchroom always try to have a women's match on lately. Matchroom undercards are way better than many other promoters. Say what you like about Eddie Hearn but he puts together some cracking fight nights.

10 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

It was a cracker. Women's boxing is really gaining momentum. There have been some cracking bouts. I like how Matchroom always try to have a women's match on lately. Matchroom undercards are way better than many other promoters. Say what you like about Eddie Hearn but he puts together some cracking fight nights.

Main fight not bad either don't really like Chisora but you've got to admire his determination to win. Just fighting man 

10 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Dunno if I have this either 3-2 or 4-1 Del Boy, expected a lot more from Parker 

Fighting this cunt Chisora makes it very difficult to look good against. 

Parker needs something down the straight here tho. 

6 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Very true, personality thought Parker had a bit more about him tbh

Parker needs the KO 

Parker irritates me he has all the ability but just sits on the back foot. He's good enough to dectate fights. 

Surely Chisora should retire now while he's got his health, albeit he's been in some wars so damage may be done. Not great performance from Parker, altho think its hard to look great against Chisora as he's tough and durable.

I think a Parker win was the right call, but it was a difficult round to score when for half of the fight they were both just slogging. Really depends on what you do with rounds 3-7 because in the back end of the fight Chisora faded pretty brutally.

Difficult to fight his style at his age.