***The Official Rangers vs. Bheggars Thread***

Muff

I think Walter's curveball will be NOT starting with Diouf.

Too much of a risk for me, I imagine Smith will be thinking the same. A good player but we can't afford to be playing for an hour with ten men on Sunday.

Has he not only been sent off twice in 8 years..... <cr>

He will distract them, i'd play him

Both ourselves and the bheggars are better going forward than defending so for me the team that takes the more attacking approach will win the game. Need to keep them on the defensive from first kick of the ball. My concern is that we will sit back and let them dictate the game, as we often do. I don't think we are good enough at the back for that approach anymore. Worked a couple of seasons ago when we were keeping clean sheets on a regular basis.

Before the 2nd Jan game we were in good form, for me our display against Motherwell the game before was our best this season and they were getting a series of draws, even at home, yet they came out on top. This time they look like the team in form so no doubt we will probably win.

Rangers are going to miss McCulloch massively.

somehow i dont think so, mcculloch has been way off the pace for a while now and their midfield would take advantage of that we need ness davis edu etc to press and use the ball wisely when in possession. this is where the game will be won or lost we cannot let them bully us the way they did the last game.

McGregor

whittaker bougherra weir papac

davis naismith ness

diouf jelavic lafferty

4-5-1 when defending 4-3-3 when attacking

naismith centre mid will be walters curve ball well i hope it is,hes good in the air,likes a challenge and can drive forward when he gets the ball.

weiss in the last old firm was pish i wouldnt chance starting him again against them.

3-1 rangers with that team (tu)

It's McCoist who picks the team in the Scottish Cup, not Walter

For that reason, I don't see the old Walter surprise starter

Not a chance that McCoist will be picking the team on Sunday. It will be Walter and 4-5-1 or 5-4-1 as per usual in old firm/European games. Personnel is another matter. I don't no who will play.

all the people on here who wanted Mcculloch out the team have got there wish, Edu, ness and davis need to step up for this one. If they do we will win.

I think Lee needs to be dropped some games.

An old firm game is not one of those games. It will be a midfield battle and they have players that can cause our defence problems, so we need Lee to protect Weir and fight in the midfield.

If Walter wants to through in a huge wildcard, he could drop Weir...

Id go Ness and Davis in the centre. I like Edu, but I dont think he will match up in this game, Makes too many mistakes and backs out of too many 50-50s. Walter will probably go 4-5-1 with Edu anyway, Edu doing Lees job.

Celtic are on form, but remember, they gave us the unbeatable/the team has gelled/Lennon is god pish after the 9-0 and went on a bad run, drawing a few games in a row and winning 2 games with last minute goals. Form counts for nothing in an Old Firm game anyway. They have been blowing hot and cold all season. 4 or so games ago, they needed a last minute penalty to draw with Hamilton. We should attack them from the start, dont be afraid of them, dont let them get comfortable, pound them for 90 minutes, hit them hard and give Commons an old firm welcome pretty early. Dont show them the respect they dont deserve.

I would start Naismith and Lafferty either side of Jelavic. Both of them seem to raise their game whenever we play the Soapdodgers. Time for everyone to stand up and be counted on Sunday

McGregor

Whittaker Weir Bougherra Papac

Davis Edu Ness

Naismith Lafferty

Jelavic

I doubt it.

Hutton has not even made the bench in recent weeks.

For me that's been quite an odd one with hutton starting in the CL a couple of times then not playing again and young ness coming in, don't get me wrong been more than happy with ness but would like to see hutton more involved in the team as well as he looked very composed in the CL games.