Apparently someone in the EPL scored with an overhead kick today!

LegendofCoop

I agree there is people who are just jealous because they are so anti-english but my point is if it was another player say Clint Dempsey had scored a goal for Fulham the exact same way the praise wouldn't have been as half as much as Rooney has got simply because he isn't Rooney

No doubt true. That said, is was a helluva goal (even if I'm not Rooney's biggest fan ;-).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An unbelievable bit of brilliance from Wayne Rooney. However, Allan McGregor would have got his gloves to it, and it's no...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjgdwao2g3k

Rooney's volley vs. Newcastle was just as special as his overhead yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqexr1GGnN4&feature=related

For the occasion aswell, with man city and all their millions becoming one of the top premiership teams and out playing man utd at old trafford and then for that to happen it was just epic. a goal that will be talked about for a long time to come

Neither do I, see above.

Yeah i was agreeing with you, di canio had to do alot more, plus the ball from trevor sinclair was awesome aswell!!

it was better than rooneys one v newcastle though, best goal rooneys ever scored!

:lol:(tu)

I was in turkey watching that game but the papers and the guys at skysports were creaming all over him after it!!

If it had been someone for birmingham then no one would have given that much of a shit but it was still a cracking goal!

If it was a Rangers player that done that against the manky mob we'd be wanting him knighted (and rightly so). The goal was a nailer and deserves all the hype its getting! :praise:

Sir Ugoooooo?

Berba's overheader was better than Rooneys, Still a fantastic goal though.

Better :sherlock:

(tu) Thanks for posting this.....this was one that sprung to mind when I made the thread. I agree there's a vast difference in the standard of games concerned, but how much hype out with Rngers fans di this goal get??

All I'm saying is if this had been scored in the EPL it would have been talked about much much more!

The jealousy of some Scottish folk when it comes to the English premiership is embarrassing! :(

I'm not jealous if you're referring to me.

Now THIS is an overhead kick

Clincher. I doubt you'll ever see a better executed overhead kick than that anywhere in the world!

That Rooney OH kick pisses all over Di Canio's volley

Goal of that season maybe, but not any other seasons

Anyone scoring that goal would rightly be lauded, the goal alone was by far the best we've seen this season anyway

Throw in the winner in one of the most important derbies the 2 clubs have ever played and it gets even better