Diouf Last Night

don logan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

His work rate was poor, no doubt. It's not all about what he did on the ball. There will be large tracts of Sunday's game when we'll be chasing possession and chasing is not in EHD's make up. Sunday will be a day for work horses, not show ponies, if we're to come away with anything.

I was shocked by the lack of effort from EHD last night. His work off the ball was, at best, pedestrian and he had no presence whatsoever when it was played up to him. His tracking back and pressing were non existent - in short a disgrace to the shirt.

He CANNOT feature in the starting eleven on Sunday. Absolutely no room for passengers.

close pie hole pls and fuck off Timothy

Why the fuck are people so concerned about what every player does off the ball? Lafferty is the probably most hard working player in our team but he is 100% gash.

Diouf works his arse of in the right areas, the areas where an attacking player should be working his arse off.

So fuck off and away and take your face for a shite!!

Why the fuck are people so concerned about what every player does off the ball? Lafferty is the probably most hard working player in our team but he is 100% gash.

Diouf works his arse of in the right areas, the areas where an attacking player should be working his arse off.

So fuck off and away and take your face for a shite!!

You're right, Lafferty is shite but he makes himself available and had numerous chances last night. As mentioned in The Rabbit's match report, Diouf has still to register a shot on target for us, hardly hurting the opposition is he? At least Lafferty is working to get into these positions

And it matters quite a bit in football what teams/players do when not in possession. Sunday will be a war, work rate will have a heavy bearing on the outcome. If we have learnt one thing from the last Cup game, we can't stand off Celtic - we've got to close them down and I'm afraid EHD doesn't do closing down.

He ran himself into the ground for us last night, I saw him once not run for the ball when it was passed miles in front of him and this was about 70/75 minutes in when he was knackered... not his fault the managment couldnt see he was fucked

You're right, Lafferty is shite but he makes himself available and had numerous chances last night. As mentioned in The Rabbit's match report, Diouf has still to register a shot on target for us, hardly hurting the opposition is he? At least Lafferty is working to get into these positions

And it matters quite a bit in football what teams/players do when not in possession. Sunday will be a war, work rate will have a heavy bearing on the outcome. If we have learnt one thing from the last Cup game, we can't stand off Celtic - we've got to close them down and I'm afraid EHD doesn't do closing down.

Scoring's not his job though. He was there last night to support Lafferty and I think he did that very well.

By your reckoning a player can run themselves ragged but if they don't score they're shite. :rolleyes:

Lafferty makes himself available then what? He gets the ball and puts it our for a shy or goal kick for the opposing team.

Diouf makes himself available gets the ball makes a good pass or gets us a shy or a corner.

Lafferty is a talentless passenger. Diouf ran his socks off in the last Old Firm and also put in a good shift last night.

There is no need whatsoever for every player to close down because then when we finally get the ball back we have no players in good positions to pass to or our attacking players end up out of position and knackered and unable to mount an attack.

Diouf is an intelligent player who finds space and closes down and uses his energy in the right areas. There is absolutely no need for Lafferty to sprint towards defenders at full pelt when he has no hope of getting the ball. Then they pass the ball round him and have plenty of space to pick some passes out.

If Lafferty kept some energy for the last 10 minutess then maybe he could have taken those chances into the box rather than fluffing shots from outside the box.

I was shocked by the lack of effort from EHD last night. His work off the ball was, at best, pedestrian and he had no presence whatsoever when it was played up to him. His tracking back and pressing were non existent - in short a disgrace to the shirt.

He CANNOT feature in the starting eleven on Sunday. Absolutely no room for passengers.

Couldn't disagree more, I was at the match and although he wasn't outstanding his contribution was very good.

Twat.