Tomer Hemed

paul1964

The guys had a blinder of a season, really put hinself in the shop window with his'youtube' video he obviously aint gonna accept the first offer from a club. His agent will be looking for a bumper pay day, as we all would. Like I've said before its all about the risk. We've done this far too often before, spend far too much on someone that looked promising and ended up being a diddy. I think Ally HAS to eliminate these kind of risky signings on our budgets. That said a if the correct due dilligence has been carried out, and by the sounds of it it should have, then it comes down to what he can add to our team.

Would be disapointed if we don't get him.

McCoist should keep quiet on transfers though.

When Smith opened his mouth on Commons, Celtic came in with bigger wage offer.

When you base your decisions on money alone then you are looking for dissappointments. What else did Commons get out of his move? He plays his football in a culture that is foreign to most UK citizens and for a team that came 2nd in a so called Pub League according to many in England.No doubt Walter had to act within Rangers then wage policy and made an offer based on that plus what he thought Commons was worth. Rangers should never be held to ransom or auction in this case.

If this were to fall through..

I would hope Ally would learn his first lesson.

Dont tell all and sundry plans before deals are done.

It is a very naive way to go about business.

(tu) correct. I remember when Rangers came out and announced a signing and no one had even guessed we were looking at them. Celtic have taken advantage of the way we have went about our deals recently, except from Loovens, we dodged a bullet there!

Evening times now reporting , the deal as has stalled, as two spainish clubs have now came him for him !! Sorry no link , using phone !!

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk:80/sport/editor-s-picks/rangers-sweat-as-hemed-deal-stalls-1.1106930

Rangers hopes of signing Israeli international Tomer Hemed are today hanging in the balance.

SportTimes understands Ally McCoist’s bid to make Hemed his first signing could be scuppered by new interest from La Liga outfits Real Mallorca and Espanyol.

The Ibrox club held extensive talks with Hemed’s agent Max Meltzer yesterday and tabled an £8,000-per- week three-year deal. But the Spanish hijack counter offer is thought to be almost double that of Rangers’ package.

McCoist had hoped to lure 24-year-old Hemed to Scotland today for a tour of Ibrox and Murray Park, but Israeli sources have revealed that the player is refusing to leave Israel to discuss the deal which is a bottom line and not subject to add-ons.

Meltzer will continue talks with McCoist and owner Craig Whyte at Murray Park today.

But the SPL champs will have to significantly up their offer if they want to avoid losing Hemed to La Liga.

Fuck him if he wants more money let him go somewhere else he has done nothing to be demanding 16000 a week lafferty deserves to start the season with Jelavic they played well together

8 grand a week is a good offer if he wants the chance to play in the champions league he will except it

its abit weird no other news outlets are reporting this though dont ya think - could just be a load o shit.

I gotta laugh at some of the posters in here though - so quick you are to jump on a guys back for possibly wanting more than offered - kinda reasonable to me if others are offering more? We all know how big Rangers are but the way people act on here you would think people from all over should pay us for playing - need to get a grip me thinks.

the Evening Times are the only ones reporting this and everyone else said he snubbed Spain for us. Whether or not a new club came in or the same club made an improved their offer remains to be seen but im going by the assumption he will be a rangers player by Friday unless quotes or at least multiple sources are released