Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

Goodwillie and his agent are meeting with thompson in the next few days, I imagine the outcome will be that goodwillie will be leaving for definite, what will be interesting is if he demands a particular transfer i.e. to rangers. The boy signed a new contract in march, so DU has every right to say to him, fine but they will have to match a fee. Unless he puts in a transfer request and forces the move DU can ask for as much as they like. We know its silly money in england, maybe someone needs to have a wee whisper in goodwillies ear and get him to force the move....

If cardiff have dropped out and bpool are going to offer 1.6, when that is rejected i presume we would bid 2 million. Hopefully united accept that and then we can get him b4 th wknd.

I've never wanted us to sign an SPL player as much as this boy, even Kris Boyd.

Tbh many didnt want Boyd! I loved his goals. But im not sure on DG, he is a good player but ability wise i just dont know! His overall link up etc doesnt excite me and his goalscoring ratio is good but not outstanding. At 1 or 1,2 million then yes but as gets towards 2 million im not so sure mate

I'm the same

I wasn't particularly excited when we signed Boyd as i didn't remember him ever making an impression against us or Celtic, and i also thought £2 million was too much for Naismith, but i really, really want us to sign Goodwillie. I think he'd be a revelation

His link up play cant be to be if he had most Assist's last season. I loved Boyd, i dont think Goodie can get the ammount of goals he did, but you dont need one player to score 3 goals a game to win it. I think he is a better all round player easily.

Tbh many didnt want Boyd! I loved his goals. But im not sure on DG, he is a good player but ability wise i just dont know! His overall link up etc doesnt excite me and his goalscoring ratio is good but not outstanding. At 1 or 1,2 million then yes but as gets towards 2 million im not so sure mate

£2 million is absolutely Fuck all for a player of Goodwillies credentials.

If a left back with a year left on his contract, that we didn't even really need, is worth £1.5 million then it would be crushing to lose out on Goodwillie because we wouldn't pay what he was worth

Ally and Whyte aren't idiots. They must realise we need a striker more than we needed another left back.

Guy on FB says that various papaers are reporting that peter houston has told goodie to movee away from the SPL. Also that houston (:wanker:) has told the board not to sell to Rangers even if we meet the £2million.

Seems Blackpool have bid 2 million so if we want him we will have to go the whole hog which I think we should.Who knows if Jelavic will be here after this season so better we buy Goodwillie's potential rather than go hunting in 12 months at 2/3 times the cost.

You think?

Im not so sure but there yae go eh!

I think so mate, he's 22, improving every year, great stats last season, probably going to be Scotlands main striker for years to come.

In todays market, I think £2m would be good business. We should be doing everything to land him IMO.

Would be gutted to see him go to the championship and potentially move on to the EPL for huge money later down the line.

Guy on FB says that various papaers are reporting that peter houston has told goodie to movee away from the SPL. Also that houston (:wanker:) has told the board not to sell to Rangers even if we meet the £2million.

Shades of Saddam McLean and Richard Gough but it could be its nothing more than Dundee Hibs dont want to face up to him playing against them so the comment could apply to any SPL club.At the end of the day Goodwillie will decide where he wants to go provided we meet his valuation.

I know he has said the first part before, but I don't believe the second part considering he was whoring him out to us back in late May/June

Aye he was on sky sports news saying that a few weeks ago

Is it legal for a club to accept £2 million from one club but reject £2 million from another?

yes i wouldn't imagine blackpool bidding 1m for somebody and then celtic bidding the same and rangers accepting that bid from celtic even if they id accept the bid from blackpool!