Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

I would like to think we would be back in with an acceptable bid so we can start to negotiate terms and maybe get him in time for saturday. If we dont get him then ally better have a big name up his sleave in goodwillies place

Blackpool had a wage cap of 10k in the PL last season Dont know if they will have lowered it or not going back into the championship but we could blow them out the water in terms of wages.

Just signed ferguson but not sure what wage he's been given.

Wish he would go in tell thompson i want a move to rangers and force them then to take our offer

How could Goodwillie force him to take our offer exactly ? Dundee Hibs have put up what they believe to be a reasonable offer for their star man, and are quite rightly entitled to hold out for that fee. It's safe to say they have leverage over us here.

Where are fans getting this only play for Rangers stuff? <cr> He will goto whoever offers him the most suitable financial package like every other player on the planet.

You'd have thought they'd have learned their lesson from Kenny Miller

If we refuse to pay £2m for the best young talent in Scotland who will get you 15+ goals a season and is still only 22 then you have to wonder what the fuck goes on at times. We paid £4m for Kyle Lafferty, £1.5m for a 32 year old, injury prone James Beattie and we paid £1.5m for Lee Wallace when he was in the final year of his contract and our original offer was only £300,000.

He's still young, knows what the SPL is about, scored goals in the SPL, has a sell on value and would form an excellent partnership with Jelavic IMO. Get it done Rangers because this is the type of signing that will help us towards more trophies.

And 1 million for velicka

well we need someone up front with big nicika it might as well be goodwillie its getting a bit late we need someone up front now as for tonight lets cheer our troops from start to finish we are the people.

Welcome to the forum mate. We Are The People.

Like i said with Miller, if Goodwillie is only interested in joining Rangers, he'll make his club aware of that and will trust Rangers to agree a fee.

I don't believe this will be the case.

Kenny Miller is the worst possible example to give! Kenny Miller would always go where is best for Kenny Miller. Fuck he proved that by going against his missus wishes and went to Turkey! Amazing what an ultimatum(sp) can do

BLACKPOOL are set to step up their move for Dundee United striker David Goodwillie, rated the best young forward north of the Border.

Sources in Scotland suggest the Seasiders are preparing to table a £1.6 million bid for the in-demand forward.

Cardiff City and Rangers have made offers, but the Welsh club look to have dropped out of the running after turning their sights to Rob Earnshaw and Kenny Miller.

Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has been in close contact with his Dundee United counterpart for several weeks.

It is believed that Rangers have had a £1 milliion offer, plus add-ons rejected.

Meantime, Scotland manager Craig Levein could be set to recall Goodwillie to his squad after a charge of serious sexual assault against the player was dropped.

The 22-year-old - who has one cap - could now have a part to play in next month’s friendly against Denmark at Hampden.

Levein: “One of the reasons he hasn’t been involved until now is because of the charge hanging over him.

“Now that has been dropped, on merit, I think he’s as good a young striker as there is in Scotland and certainly he’ll be one I’ll be thinking about.”

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/pool_home_in_on_dundee_utd_striker_1_3616401

if this is true then it will get knocked back