Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

Goodwillie has improved as a player every season for the past three years now.

Anybody who doubts that that trend wouldn't carry on is kidding themselves on IMO.

(tu)

Moving to us would be the best move for his career. Ok this year he cant play champions league football (im not even sure if thats right), but he will win things here, then next year he will get his shot at european football.

He could develop into a great player, given the correct guidance. I think that Mccoist is the man to do that.

As I said a few weeks ago goodwillie was telling a lassie he was banging in ayia napa that he was going to Cardiff. But I hope at that point rangers werent bidding.

She must have been a shite ride, if Goodie was having a conversation about his career with her whilst he was balls deep.

(tu)

Moving to us would be the best move for his career. Ok this year he cant play champions league football (im not even sure if thats right), but he will win things here, then next year he will get his shot at european football.

He could develop into a great player, given the correct guidance. I think that Mccoist is the man to do that.

Im pretty sure he can play in the CL group stages but not any of the Europa.

Anyone know whats actually happening with this then?

Have we made a bigger bid, have we made any bid?

Me made a bid last night that was thrown out.

Goodwillie & his agent are meeting with Thompson today.

I doubt there will be any developments today so expect a thread with hundreds of post but little in terms of development.

Me made a bid last night that was thrown out.

Goodwillie & his agent are meeting with Thompson today.

I doubt there will be any developments today so expect a thread with hundreds of post but little in terms of development.

Do we know how much the bid was?

Cant see them expecting any more than £2m...

Hopefully we can get it over the line because we have been linked with Hemed, Miller and Goodwillie...Miller for a week or so but weve always been keen on Goodie so you would imagine hes an important target for us!

Thats the same senario as jelavic last season i dont think he can play in the champions league if we do sign him but i could be wrong

As Dundee Utd got put out, Goodwillie can play in the Champions League but not in the qualifiers!

Seriously the only reason i want to sign DG is because i couldnt stand this board if we didnt!

Hes not my ideal signing but it seems i may be the only one. I do expect him to be a Rangers player though

Thats the same senario as jelavic last season i dont think he can play in the champions league if we do sign him but i could be wrong

If I remember correctly jelavic would have been eligible if rapid had been knocked out of the qualifiers. I think Goodwillie would be eligible for the group stages but not the qualifiers

Seriously the only reason i want to sign DG is because i couldnt stand this board if we didnt!

Hes not my ideal signing but it seems i may be the only one. I do expect him to be a Rangers player though

I think most people do mate and we will all be very dissapointed if we miss out on him. It's been well known for a good while that he is our number one target this summer.

If gw is our no1 strike target, why did we go after hemed first? And if Conway was our wing target is Ortiz the backup plan for a lw?

Your at it here surely? We made contact with Conway, he wasnt out top target ffs. Also who said hemed or DG would have been 1st choice? One of them would have been up top with Jela and the other one would have been a sub. I also dont recall Hemed having a rape or assault charges hanging over him :rolleyes:

my thoughts on this are. It Was always going to be hard to deal with dundee utd, Dont think that chairman likes us much ha. Heard blackpool are in pole possition ? i find this really weird as what the fuck is he going to achieve at blackpool ? there best player is off and they will struggle to get back to the prem IMO if he opts for them then we are all wrong about him, Hes no drive or motivation or any a the stuff wee want here at rangers so FUCK HIM. but if he signs i will retract my statement stick ma head up ma ain arse n do an irish jig.

If I remember correctly jelavic would have been eligible if rapid had been knocked out of the qualifiers. I think Goodwillie would be eligible for the group stages but not the qualifiers

(tu) cheers m8

This will be decided by two factors -

1. Is Goodwillie determined to come to Ibrox - enough to turn down a move elsewhere?

2. Are Dundee Utd needing to cash in on him in this transfer window?

If the answer to both is yes than we should get him without too much difficulty

We won't pay £2m for him and he'll go to Blackpool.

I can't believe we pay £1.5m for Wallace then offer £1m for Scotlands young player of the year..can't wait till Sep 1st to get this circus over with.