Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

ok dokey im a bluenose right enough just not your colour o blue yiv raped my club for players for years and years for a fraction o what their worth so ya reap what ya sow....ive nae love for united but by god thier no half putting u lads in yir place....ps when it goes tits up wi the taxman just gies a shout and i'll offer ya advice...

I hope you catch an STD the next time you stick your manky wee willie up your sister.

No one has put us in our place. It's our fault that we have had so many bids rejected, nothing to with dundee united putting us in our place. :lol:

We will just put them back in there place when we boycott there shed when, Rangers go to play them. It will be a right laugh when there loosing all the dough, they won't be so fucking cocky then.

1. We have matched Blackburn's offer. http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/14344125.stm 3rd paragraph. http://www.skysports...7077401,00.html

2. I haven't heard one word from Whyte on transfers, so would be hard for him to shut up!

1. If you believe we matched Blackburns offer fair doos i dont think we did we didnt stump up the 2m upfront blackburn have put on the table, had we matched that we would have got to speak to Goodie we were offering to pay in installments over a period of years which Thompson didnt want.

2. Whyte has the final say in our transfer targets he will say yay or nay to how much we will spend the saying " Put up or Shut up " phrase is based on Ally kept saying we want him and untill he has signed for Blackburn blah blah with no chance of even getting to speak to him its a fucking joke.

Are you his agent?

No but todays press in HOLLAND says that Fulham have put in a bid today - no mention at all over there of Ajax or signing a deal - only that his team want 2 mill for him (dunno if thats euro)

You would think that if he was signing for Ajax they might mention it in Holland.

ive nae love for united but by god thier no half putting u lads in yir place....

I really think you're onto something there. Dundee Hibs could be placed as high as fifth in the league next season - that'll really show us how these diddy clubs are showing us up.

And are Dundee in business this week or still robbing creditors blind? I only ask because my interest in diddy cubs is limited to those we defeat regularly and so doesn't extend to the Tayside amateur regional leagues or wherever the fuck it is you play.

2.8mil is far too much.He already has at least one conviction and has another assualt charge pending,he is one strike from serious time and then he will be worth zilch and a poor investment for us.Give Hemmings a run

Hear hear! Let's give the guys we have a chance before we go for luxury buys. Put that money to use toward a position that is in dire need of an overhaul! i.e. our midfield

lads forgive me if this sounds out of place but for years we have plundered the best scottish talent(and so foreign) from "diddy" clubs for nothing like their true worth....looks like now we are not exactly rolling in cash the wee diddy clubs are all deciding to give us the winston salute....i say move on and lets target another young scottish player and get him....the laddie robertson at st johnstone is a player ive always liked the look of...i know a few united fans that were gutted when he left and getting him for a small fee will tip them over the edge.....i look forward to posting many happy posts on here starting with a huge win the morn and great nights in europe again.

Bit of a coincidence that someone from Dundee joins the forum on the day 530,000 posts are submitted re a United player.

psycho. quiz for you my friend. Which former Rangers players would you kiss for handing your team the Scottish cup many moons ago?

Iv'e had enough of this cunt Goodwillie and Ally McCoist how long is it going to take him to relies he's not going to get him?

Whyte won't offer 2.8million upfront. And what happenes if we do match it? are we going to give Goodwillie 20k or more in wages? Because thats what Blackburn are offering him.

You couldn't have been paying much attention then offer the last few months, as he's been talking about deals for hemed Cuellar etc.

He's not been saying much in the last couple of weeks though. But he has says that Goodwillie isn't worth 2million, and then he goes and trys to outbid blackburn. If he doesn't think he's worth 2million why does he keep on bidding then?

How many quotes has he actually come out with in the last few months??? Cuellar deal was first mooted at the start of June, but all quotes I can remember came from the manager. Also, it's McCoist & Smith who deal with transfers, not Whyte. Whyte would have to sanction a deal, fair enough. But he's not the one making the offers.

I'd also be interested to know exactly how many bids we have actually made. The BBC had us making our 3rd one when we were preparing our second!

ok dokey im a bluenose right enough just not your colour o blue yiv raped my club for players for years and years for a fraction o what their worth so ya reap what ya sow....ive nae love for united but by god thier no half putting u lads in yir place....ps when it goes tits up wi the taxman just gies a shout and i'll offer ya advice...

sniff sniff

Get yerself tae fuck. Ban this dhirty lhurker

RANGERS manager Ally McCoist says he is "absolutely still hopeful" of winning the race to sign Dundee Utd striker David Goodwillie after suggesting the Ibrox side had matched Blackburn Rovers' bid for the player.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">The striker held talks with Blackburn yesterday after United chairman Stephen Thompson accepted an offer of £2million up front with £800,000 in add-ons, but he did not sign a deal.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Rangers have already failed with previous attempts to land the 22-year-old and, asked today if the latest bid is equal to that offered by Blackburn, McCoist said: "As far as I'm aware, yes.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">"Unfortunately I can't give you a lot of information, other than we have put in a new bid to Dundee United.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">"We just have to wait and see in the next couple of hours what happens.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">"We've all made no secret of the fact that David is a player we would love to see at Rangers.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">"We believe that we have put a bid in that's more than acceptable." <br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Speaking at Glasgow Airport as Rangers prepared to fly out to Sweden for their Champions League clash with Malmo, McCoist added: "I'm absolutely still hopeful.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">"We are still in negotiations with Stephen Thompson up at Dundee United and, you know me, I'm forever optimistic.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">"There's a little bit of work to be done and obviously Blackburn have put in a bid that's been accepted by Dundee United, but we are still in negotiations." <br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Rangers have been heavily criticised for their approach to the attempted transfer, having first put in a bid close to £1million when Thompson made it clear he wanted double that.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">But McCoist said: "We feel we have put in a bid that's very, very fair."<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">With Rangers' leading financial officials, including owner Craig Whyte, travelling to Sweden, Blackburn remain firm favourites to conclude the deal for Goodwillie, who scored 19 goals last season.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Although the player returned to Scotland last night without signing a contract, the suggestions are the delay was down to the absence of Rovers manager Steve Kean, who was involved in talks with the club's owners following their tour to the Far East.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Meanwhile, Rangers travelled to Sweden without David Weir, who suffered a hamstring injury in the first leg of the third qualifying round tie, which Rangers lost 1-0.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">But Madjid Bougherra did travel despite doubts over his Ibrox future.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Qatari club Lekhwiya have reportedly put in a bid of around £3million for the defender, who is in the final season of his contract.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">McCoist was coy when asked about the situation.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">"I can't confirm to be honest, all I can tell you is that Madjid if he's fit, which he is at the moment, will play tomorrow night," he said. <br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Weir and Kyle Lafferty, who has a hernia problem, were the only absentees as the Rangers squad gathered at the airport.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">But Dorin Goian is still not sure to play as Rangers appeal against a UEFA ruling that he is ineligible.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">The Romania defender missed the first leg as his work permit had not been finalised following his move from Palermo, but Rangers believe they had registered him properly otherwise.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">McCoist said: "We don't know what's happening yet. Someone said it was a bank holiday in Switzerland yesterday so we are waiting on UEFA.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">"We are saying the player was registered in time and the only thing that wasn't through was part of the registration document for him to come into the country and play.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">"I would certainly hope to hear today."

mellow.gif

We really should just close this thread now. He has made his mind up and will now sit on a bench or play with the reserves until Christmas before going on loan to the championship for the rest of the season.

Really rated that wee bugger but nevermind, hope we have someone else lined up who wants to bang goals in for us!

Time for me to start thinking about where im going to watch the game tomorrow night now. WATP! :beer1::crabflute:

1. If you believe we matched Blackburns offer fair doos i dont think we did we didnt stump up the 2m upfront blackburn have put on the table, had we matched that we would have got to speak to Goodie we were offering to pay in installments over a period of years which Thompson didnt want.

2. Whyte has the final say in our transfer targets he will say yay or nay to how much we will spend the saying " Put up or Shut up " phrase is based on Ally kept saying we want him and untill he has signed for Blackburn blah blah with no chance of even getting to speak to him its a fucking joke.

Did you look at the two links mate?? They are direct quotes from McCoist.

So you're really saying it's McCoist who should shut up?? :D

If we have met the asking price then we should have been given permission to speak to him. Utd are dragging their heels hoping he does sign for Rovers.

How many quotes has he actually come out with in the last few months??? Cuellar deal was first mooted at the start of June, but all quotes I can remember came from the manager. Also, it's McCoist & Smith who deal with transfers, not Whyte. Whyte would have to sanction a deal, fair enough. But he's not the one making the offers.

I'd also be interested to know exactly how many bids we have actually made. The BBC had us making our 3rd one when we were preparing our second!

I we haven't made as many bids as what some are making out.

But Craig whyte has been in the papers saying that, any player ally wants he will try his best to get them.

He's also been in the papers saying he wants to bring 5 or 6 players in. This is Craig Whyte saying this not Ally McCoist. Chairman's don't usually come out wit stuff like this.