Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

Time to move on, David Goodwillie is not coming to The Rangers.

Not the first player we have lost out on and it won't be the last. I'm not impressed with our transfer dealings, I just hope that it improves over the coming weeks!?

We look forward and to Malmo FF, a game we must simply win!

Let's just keep the thread going until he signs for Rangers, whether that be after flopping at Blackburn or at the arse end of his career after he's steered Barca to yet another champions league title and decided he wants to come home.

Or close it. Who cares, it's just a thread on a forum, people getting knickers in a twist about it

Time to move on, David Goodwillie is not coming to The Rangers.

Not the first player we have lost out on and it won't be the last. I'm not impressed with our transfer dealings, I just hope that it improves over the coming weeks!?

We look forward and to Malmo FF, a game we must simply win!

The Malmo game is far more important than Goodwillie.

The stumbling block would appear to be our lack of funds (that ol' chestnut again).

Story goes - we're trying to buy him in installments and Blackburn have the £2m up front.

Put yourself in the Dundee Arabs chairman's shoes - £6m in debt and the chance to wipe £2m of that away at a stroke.

I hate the skinny bastard, but it's a no-brainer.

Any lack of success here is down to our new owner trying to penny-pinch.

It does appear to be a trend of his.............. :disappointment:

Lets be honest though mate, regardless of his penny pinching, its a safe bet we'll spend more in 5 years under him than we did the last 5 years.

We could have put in a 4 million bid and they cunts would have still rejected it i think ally will have someone else lined up and i bet it will be like the ortiz transfer all hush hush till he comes for a medical (tu)

Let's just keep the thread going until he signs for Rangers, whether that be after flopping at Blackburn or at the arse end of his career after he's steered Barca to yet another champions league title and decided he wants to come home.

Or close it. Who cares, it's just a thread on a forum, people getting knickers in a twist about it

:lol:(tu)

The stumbling block would appear to be our lack of funds (that ol' chestnut again).

Story goes - we're trying to buy him in installments and Blackburn have the £2m up front.

Put yourself in the Dundee Arabs chairman's shoes - £6m in debt and the chance to wipe £2m of that away at a stroke.

I hate the skinny bastard, but it's a no-brainer.

Any lack of success here is down to our new owner trying to penny-pinch.

It does appear to be a trend of his.............. :disappointment:

I'd rather that than paying massively over the odds. One example from the past is Numan, great player but we paid £2m more than PSV would have been happy to accept because Athletico Madrid wanted him and were prepared to pay 4 or 5 mil or something in that region. I get the feeling there will be more to come with Goodwillie though.

sniff sniff

Get yerself tae fuck. Ban this dhirty lhurker

Not sure if he's a 'dhirty lhurker' - way I read it hes a Dundee fan (as opposed to an Arab)

Anyway, while I don't agree what the boy was saying, one thing that has come out of this farce is that maybe a some of us will maybe be a bit more realistic in knowing our place in the British Football scene - which is obviously pretty far down the pecking order when we can't even beat the likes of Blackburn Rovers to a signing! :mad:

I feel our pride has taken an unnecessary battering here with all these half-assed offers which were obviously never going to be preferred to what Blackburn had already put on the table. Looks like we played it too cute from the outset, not expecting any real competition from down south, and got our erses felt big time when the Blackburn bid went in. Everything since then has been nothing more than posturing - and tbh I think CW would have got the fright of his life if Thomson had taken the most recent bid seriously.

I don't often post here but I'm just sickened with this. I think we've missed out on a real good'un there. Can't help thinking he'd have scored at least as many as Boyd - and looked like a real player while he was about it. And we could have had him easily enough if we hadn't pussyfooted about. If Lee Wallace is a £1.5m player, Goodwillie would have been an absolute steal at £2m imo. Also, he'd have been worth a mint after a couple of years at Ibrox (and even more, probably, if Boyd hadn't been such a total flop at 'Boro). That's how short-sighted we have been in all of this - and that's the biggest tragedy. Gutted.

Despite all the gloom and doom it's NOT over yet. I still believe there will be one last throw of the dice.

I'd love to sign him and it would the greatest u-turn in football history.

I'm 21 years old and even my heart can't take anymore.