Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

You do get the impression that Thomson would rather see his club burn to the ground before he'd see Goodwillie playing at Ibrox.

I don't buy that. Blackburn put in a better offer. No brainer for him to run with them. If we'd topped it I could see your point - but it seems we didn't and were never likely to.

You do get the impression that Thomson would rather see his club burn to the ground before he'd see Goodwillie playing at Ibrox.

:D Got a match?? :D

I agree. There's far more to this than just not bidding £2m at the start. This (to me) stems from the furore from charging us ticket money for the cup replay!

perhaps this time we are furious we will stick to some kind of action. our furious reaction to the record saw us giving them exclusives in short order.

we should give the fans all the facts and if du are out of order we should put them out of business. frankly after the canceled game we should have done that anyway.

perhaps this time we are furious we will stick to some kind of action. our furious reaction to the record saw us giving them exclusives in short order.

we should give the fans all the facts and if du are out of order we should put them out of business. frankly after the canceled game we should have done that anyway.

Here here

I don't buy that. Blackburn put in a better offer. No brainer for him to run with them. If we'd topped it I could see your point - but it seems we didn't and were never likely to.

Didn't we match it?

Even without this whole saga, there's no getting away from Thomson hating Rangers. There's no way he was going to make this easier for us.

Are you sure about that?

Despite people saying we have had no money for years we have spent £40m in the last 5 years

I would assume there would more investment in all areas of the club than there has been. That'll probably push our overall spending over 40 million.

I would assume there would more investment in all areas of the club than there has been. That'll probably push our overall spending over 40 million.

Aye but whats the net spend over the same time period, not much I would imagine when you consider how much has been brought in over the same period.

What the fuck is Dundee Hibs' problem with Rangers really about ? Wasn't Thompsons father one of the cunts that voted against Rangers getting an extension to the league during the Uefa Cup run aswell..even though Dundee Hibs had nothing to play for ? If Rangers ever get a chance to bury this mob, they will take it. As they say, don't bite the hand that feeds ya bastards. And Rangers have certainly played their part in Dundee's chance to play in Europe anyway..SCUMBAGS

Stephen Thompson is the reason why I want us to pump Dundee Utd at every opportunity. Ever since the shite he done with the tickets.

His father will be turning in his grave.

Why? His father was a Rangers hating wanker too.

Why the fuck are we all raging about missing out on that wee banger???????????

HES NOT WORTH £2.8m!!!!!!!

Seriously!!! That dough is better spent elsewhere

I really wanted Goodwillie - but for £2mill..or less.

I agree £2.8 mill - no thank you very much.

There will be better players available for less.

Didn't we match it?

Even without this whole saga, there's no getting away from Thomson hating Rangers. There's no way he was going to make this easier for us.

Yes we did mate. According to twitter and that the reason it was knocked back, was because we wanted to pay it up over the length of his contract.

they were never ever going to sell to us for any price imo.

I really wanted Goodwillie - but for £2mill..or less.

I agree £2.8 mill - no thank you very much.

There will be better players available for less.

This whole debacle is not just about Goodwillie. Yes, many fans wanted him to come but people are getting annoyed by the way we are conducting our transfer business. We look like a bunch of tools and we have done this with pretty much all our targets.

Tell me why Ally would go on about this guy for months and how much we need him, to then put in 7 bids, none of which were actually accepted?? Rangers were going on about this being one of our big targets and this is what we do??? A bit stupid if you ask me. AND what is worse is that this is the way things are going with Verhoek and Juhasz (two other targets we reportedly really want).

He's a well known Rangers hater but that wouldn't prevent him from selling to us if the offer was the right one.

As far as I'm aware we haven't yet matched their valuation which is why we can't get to Goodwillie.

Only 2 options remain now:

1. We finally meet Uniteds valuation of the player and their terms of payment.

2. We hope that Goodwillie says no to Blackburn and tells United there's only one club he wants play for.

It's my opinion, and only my opinion, that we haven't come this far to walk away now - and that's why I believe there's one final twist to come.