Richard Foster

Muff

Just appointed the new captain of Aberdeen - looks like he will be staying at Pittodrie :)

Craig Brown has confirmed this afternoon that Richard Foster will be the new Aberdeen FC captain for season 2011/12.

Richard spoke to RedWeb shortly after he was told the news this afternoon "I must admit it came as something of a shock when the gaffer told me he was making me captain as there are more senior players in the squad. It's a tremendous honour and a privilege to have been asked and I will do everything I can to justify the faith the manager has shown in me. I played under Russell Anderson and Scott Severin here and learned a lot from both of them and I'm sure that will stand me in good stead.

"It's not just about the skipper though. You can be the best captain in the world but if the team doesn't gel, it won't happen. However, I've seen enough since I've come back to the club to see that this is a close knit group and one that gets on well together and we're all confident ahead of the new season."

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor guy. :(

He should get cheered by our fans at Ibrox or Pittodrie to further annoy the Aberdeen fans :lol:

"Jamie Langfield" - Boooooooooooooooooooooo

"Richard Foster" - Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay