*** Official R M Season 2013/14 Betting Thread***

McD

Whiplash Willie looks a consistent sort and impressed last time out at Salisbury in a class 3. He is stepped up massively here into this Group 3 but looking at his recent runs he looks like he could have a lot more to give. He’ll love the ground and has relished this before. He had plenty left in the tank last time out so the step up in trip shouldn’t prove a problem and although potentially out-classed here I can’t ignore him at the current 20/1. It is obviously a competitive affair so I will be going each way about him.

Selection: Whiplash Willie in the 7.15 Sandown at 20/1 with William Hills for an e/w bet.

Good luck :-)

:uk:

Olney Lass comes here after disappointing on her last couple of runs. She comes back to a course that she’s shown a preference for having won twice and placed on her last three appearances here. She’s back to a more suitable trip, should come on for her debut run this season just 10 days ago and looks well treated in this race. I can’t ignore the 14/1 about her as it looks too big but it is a competitive looking race so I will be going e/w about her.

Selection: Olney Lass in the 2.55 Brighton at 14/1 Bet365 as an each way bet.

Good luck :-))

In the seven-furlong handicap it's worth chancing at big odds that TAMAYUZ STAR (3.40) can take advantage of a welcome drop in grade. The four-year-old, formerly trained by Richard Hannon, was having only his second start for George Margarson when finishing well down the field, but not beaten that far on his seasonal debut in a much more competitive handicap over six furlongs at the Guineas meeting. He'd shaped well when staying on over the shorter trip in soft ground in another big-field handicap at Ascot last backend, suggesting that a return to today's distance on similar ground would see him in a better light. Runner-up in a Goodwood handicap last spring off a 2lb higher mark, again on easy ground, he's handicapped to outrun his odds here.

On this e/w

Top Boy was denied a clear run entering the final furlong but stayed on well to grab third place. A 1lb raise by the handicapper has been negated by Trainer Derek Shaw putting up a 7lb claimer today. So in theory Top Boy is 6lbs better off today and must have every chance with a little luck of getting his head in front.

Normal Equilibrium is worth a bet too coming from the in-form sprinting stable of Robert Cowell. Similar to Top Boy behind Monsieur Joe but worse in reality the gaps did not appear for him at all and he got no run. He would have went very close to winning otherwise and has a good record at York and over 5 furlongs. Robert takes another 3lbs off by using excellent claimer Michael Murphy. He is drawn in 11 and similar to Top Boy drawn in 8 both are near the pace which should come from Even Stevens drawn 10.

Big field sprints are exciting and luck is needed to win the cavalry charge however at the big prices a profit can be made over the long term by remaining patient and looking for potential unlucky losers that are in form.

Selection: 1 Point *EW Top Boy York 14:50 at 10/1 generally

Selection: 1 Point *EW Normal Equilibrium York 14:50 at 14/1 generally

Top Boy was denied a clear run entering the final furlong but stayed on well to grab third place. A 1lb raise by the handicapper has been negated by Trainer Derek Shaw putting up a 7lb claimer today. So in theory Top Boy is 6lbs better off today and must have every chance with a little luck of getting his head in front.

Normal Equilibrium is worth a bet too coming from the in-form sprinting stable of Robert Cowell. Similar to Top Boy behind Monsieur Joe but worse in reality the gaps did not appear for him at all and he got no run. He would have went very close to winning otherwise and has a good record at York and over 5 furlongs. Robert takes another 3lbs off by using excellent claimer Michael Murphy. He is drawn in 11 and similar to Top Boy drawn in 8 both are near the pace which should come from Even Stevens drawn 10.

Big field sprints are exciting and luck is needed to win the cavalry charge however at the big prices a profit can be made over the long term by remaining patient and looking for potential unlucky losers that are in form.

Selection: 1 Point *EW Top Boy York 14:50 at 10/1 generally

Selection: 1 Point *EW Normal Equilibrium York 14:50 at 14/1 generally

:-)) 12/1 Top Boy :-)))

!) forward trainer Roger Varian who comes to Haydock in good form and will be looking to maintain his impressive 30% strike rate for a level stakes profit of £31.28p. He saddles three runners at the course and I think they all have a good chance. The one I think offers good value however goes in the 3.15.

Step (I did it again!) forward Steps. He will have needed his run last month as he did last season. Coming on for that and with the booking of Kieren Fallon on board we should see him return to being competitive again. He’s shown the ability to win on this ground and the 6/1 looks too big to me. I’d take him down to 4′s so it’ll be a win only bet for me.

Selection: Steps in the 3.15 Haydock at 6/1 William Hills for a win only bet.

Good luck

!) forward trainer Roger Varian who comes to Haydock in good form and will be looking to maintain his impressive 30% strike rate for a level stakes profit of £31.28p. He saddles three runners at the course and I think they all have a good chance. The one I think offers good value however goes in the 3.15.

Step (I did it again!) forward Steps. He will have needed his run last month as he did last season. Coming on for that and with the booking of Kieren Fallon on board we should see him return to being competitive again. He’s shown the ability to win on this ground and the 6/1 looks too big to me. I’d take him down to 4′s so it’ll be a win only bet for me.

Selection: Steps in the 3.15 Haydock at 6/1 William Hills for a win only bet.

Good luck

6/1 :-)))

Nice Winner