Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

Did we? There are so many lies coming out of Ibrox these days I don't know who or what to believe.

Verhoek's a loss, no two ways about it, but the signing of MacKay does go some way to softening the blow. He could well turn out to be exactly what we're looking for.

Well we've walked away now. I think we made one last bid and it was unsuccessful. Them's the breaks. I couldn't tell you if Verhoek is a loss of the back of a Youtube compilation, only time will tell. I'm hopeful that the additions of MacKay and hopefully Bedoya will be a boost and offer different options to a tired midfield.

Lies come out of every football club, it really isn't just us. Fact is, sometimes it is done to appease fans who, despite knowing the financial plight of our club in recent years, are still blindly desperate for us to piss away money on every option that comes up. A necessary evil? You have to talk the talk to keep fans onside. Also, a lot of shit comes from the Scottish media, like Whyte apparently saying we've got £15m to spend when there were absolutely no quotes giving such a figure. Then folk latch onto it and believe we are flush with cash.

Absolutely. I know very little about Verhoek, he may well turn out to be a fantastic player. However, some people on here already have him as a superstar, similarly to Goodwillie, simply because they want a signing. We all want players coming in, quality players. .

Some people on here wanted Goodwillie and Verhoek because they know they're good players that would immediately improve our starting eleven - not because they simply want a signing. (tu)

Well by your reckoning he could get Verhoek without spending a dime. Stop being a greeting faced wee lassie

Aye thats true but he knows we bidded for Juhasz so he wouldn't risk losing 3.5 million im reading Whyte like a book you just got your blue specs on lookin on the bright side of everything.

Aye thats true but he knows we bidded for Juhasz so he wouldn't risk losing 3.5 million im reading Whyte like a book you just got your blue specs on lookin on the bright side of everything.

Your reading him like a book :lol:

No one's throwing the towel in. As a support we have a right to feel disappointed at the way the club have gone about their business in this window.

We all hoped for a brave new dawn under Whyte but so far he's gone down like a pork pie at a jews weddding.

I understand yiur frustrations mate, i really truely do. But whats the one thing whyte asked for from our great support? Patience.

We have a right to feel disapointed, but not until the window slams shut, only then can we truley judge. Thats just my take on it ofcourse, and also what was asked of us.

Some people on here wanted Goodwillie and Verhoek because they know they're good players that would immediately improve our starting eleven - not because they simply want a signing. (tu)

I admire your optimism and I can agree that Goodwillie, at least, would have improved our first 11, but you are kiding yourself if you think that a little bit of desperation is not the catalyst to a lot of forum dwellers going apeshit about us not getting Verhoek. Fair enough, you may well know a lot about the lad but I have never seen the guy play, other than YouTube clips and i'm willing to bet that regardless of what they claim, a hell of a lot of people have based their opinion of him purely on his best bits compilation on YouTube. For all I know, he will be a brilliant signing for Forest, but, like many others on here, I know fuck all about him in reality. Could be great players but i'm willing to leave it up to the coaching staff at Ibrox as to how much they want these players

Lies come out of every football club, it really isn't just us. Fact is, sometimes it is done to appease fans who, despite knowing the financial plight of our club in recent years, are still blindly desperate for us to piss away money on every option that comes up.

Disagree. (tu)

The fans aren't expecting us to piss away money, those days are long gone. But we're losing out on targets for a few hundred grand - not millions. We know we can't compete with the Big Guns of the Premiership but we're losing out to Cardiff, Blackburn and Forest which is hard to take.

Goodwillie and Verhoek are not what I would consider to be reckless gambles and in my opinion both will go for considerably more further down the line - exactly the type we should be pushing the boat out for.

McKay.

Although I think I might have got the price wrong as it could be closer to 260K. Read a couple reports we have activated a clause in his contract to get him on that sort of deal. Not sure if that is true or not, my point was you spoke about all the fees on the other players and he was the one missing. (tu)

Aye your right bud, but i read they hope to have a deal done by NEXT WEEK!!!, so i decided to leave him out given how things have been going. Not got a clue about the price either, so couldnt put it in.

Side note, £250k/£330k would be a steal, crackin footballer

Disagree. (tu)

The fans aren't expecting us to piss away money, those days are long gone. But we're losing out on targets for a few hundred grand - not millions. We know we can't compete with the Big Guns of the Premiership but we're losing out to Cardiff, Blackburn and Forest which is hard to take.

Goodwillie and Verhoek are not what I would consider to be reckless gambles and in my opinion both will go for considerably more further down the line - exactly the type we should be pushing the boat out for.

Fair enough, I take your point. Maybe my assessment is too harsh. I do still think though that given the option, a lot of fans on here would spend and spend, forgetting previous problems. We all agree that we require numbers in our squad, I don't know how i'd feel if we spent all our cash on 2 players and were left with weaknesses elsewhere.

Sadly, these clubs you mentioned are who we compete with nowadays, it's a reality that we have to deal with. It's not as if we aren't able to compete with them, only that our club is deciding not to compete with them. We aren't being blown out of the water by them.

As I said before, it isn;t an exact science. The best looking players could easily flop, while the less glamorous signings such as Bedoya, Wallace and MacKay could go on to be utter stars. Just have to wait and see

Fuckin gutted we ain't getting this boy.

Gettin severly missed aff wi the transfer dealings.

Would rather spend 3m+ on a good winger than on a centre half.

Gutted we arent getting him(who said that btw)but would rather spend the money elsewhere anyway.

You cant have it both ways ffs. Its one or the other. If you'd rather spend the money elsewhere then logic dictates you'd be pleased we're out of the running for Juhasz and that the money can be used on the areas you believe we are weaker.

Gutted we arent getting him(who said that btw)but would rather spend the money elsewhere anyway.

You cant have it both ways ffs. Its one or the other. If you'd rather spend the money elsewhere then logic dictates you'd be pleased we're out of the running for Juhasz and that the money can be used on the areas you believe we are weaker.

Well he's at forest having a medical and discussing personal terms, no news that we have put a new bid in (granted doesn't mean we haven't)

I not wanting it both ways what I want is for us to stop fuckin about and missing out on good players. I'd rather spend that kind of money on a left winger somethin we have badly needed for how many years now?.

Goian and bartley doesn't exactly worry me as our paring, playin ortiz on the left or moving the boy McKay on the wing jus cause he's got a left peg does.

(tu)

Well he's at forest having a medical and discussing personal terms, no news that we have put a new bid in (granted doesn't mean we haven't)

I not wanting it both ways what I want is for us to stop fuckin about and missing out on good players. I'd rather spend that kind of money on a left winger somethin we have badly needed for how many years now?.

Goian and bartley doesn't exactly worry me as our paring, playin ortiz on the left or moving the boy McKay on the wing jus cause he's got a left peg does.

(tu)

I don't think Juhasz is a priority for Maribor either. Not imo anyway. I may be wrong, Ally might feel the opposite.

I dot think we're fucking around, I think we're trying to our best in what is a very overinflated market.

Three of our targets, one of whom Goodwillie, had their asking price raised after we bid for them.

Thats not us fucking about mate, that's other teams getting wide because they think we're gonna splash the cash.

For Whyte to capitulate to one of these teams in those circumstances sets a very dangerous precedent for Rangers.

If one team gets away with doing that to us; they'll all be at it soon after.

I've got a client who today put a bid in for a house that is way, way under the asking price. It looks like he is going to be successful and get the house. If only he had bid what the sellers wanted in the first place! <cr>

(And even if he isn't successful, there are thousands more houses he can put in offers for that would represent better

value for money than paying over his valuation of the house.)

I take it that nobody else wants the house then? Or they are bidding under the asking price too? We know Forrest were in too but it looks like we just gave up n never put in another bid!