Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

Doesn't sound like McKay's natural position is out wide?

No more players out of position please. :anguish:

I don't think he will be played out wide. I still think Ally is going for a Martin O'Neill style 3-5-2. For example:

McGregor

Bartley Juhasz Goian

Whittaker-----------------Wallace

Davis McCulloch McKay

Naismith Jelavic

A winger for a left-back?

they need to replace izaggeris creativity, pace and work ethic on the left hand side

going by the celtic squad, i don't see anyone else who can create much on the left

that's what i'm scared of, it doesn't have to be a direct replacement in a positional sense, but a replacement to offer more creativity.

they could quite easily stick in an ordinary fullback on the left with less attacking flair, and get in verhoek to take over the attacking mantle

i hope i'm wrong, i've just seen them knick our players far too often the past few seasons.

they need to replace izaggeris creativity, pace and work ethic on the left hand side

going by the celtic squad, i don't see anyone else who can create much on the left

that's what i'm scared of, it doesn't have to be a direct replacement in a positional sense, but a replacement to offer more creativity.

they could quite easily stick in an ordinary fullback on the left with less attacking flair, and get in verhoek to take over the attacking mantle

i hope i'm wrong, i've just seen them knick our players far too often the past few seasons.

Pretty much Celtic's most creative player, Kris Commons, plays left midfield. I understand the fact that Izaguirre is a large part of the way Celtic keep teams on the backfoot but they certainly wouldn't sign Verhoek as any kind of replacement for Izaguirre. They'll just stick Mulgrew at left back. I honestly don't think Izaguirre is substantially better than Mulgrew, either in defending or attacking

Why don't we just sign Faddy who is a free agent? He could play left midfield or behind the striker.

No transfer fee involved, although not sure how fit he is. I know there was talk about him returning to Everton. His wages may be a slight issue, but given no transfer fee would even itself out.

I would love to see him here, we need a bit of skill and trickery in the team.

Why don't we just sign Faddy who is a free agent? He could play left midfield or behind the striker.

No transfer fee involved, although not sure how fit he is. I know there was talk about him returning to Everton. His wages may be a slight issue, but given no transfer fee would even itself out.

McFadden's pish

would rather play subo

I honestly don't think Izaguirre is substantially better than Mulgrew, either in defending or attacking.

You know what, you were doing quite well for a while and put across some decent points. But with the statement above you've just crashed and burned.

Izaguirre has been a revelation for them in what has been a problem position (Think Lee Naylor)

Comparing Mulgrew to Izaguirre's like comparing Sydney Devine to Frank Sinatra. They are worlds apart.

You know what, you were doing quite well for a while and put across some decent points. But with the statement above you've just crashed and burned.

Izaguirre has been a revelation for them in what has been a problem position (Think Lee Naylor)

Comparing Mulgrew to Izaguirre's like comparing Sydney Devine to Frank Sinatra. They are worlds apart.

I watched most of Celtic's away games last season and he only really turned up for old firm games. In my opinion.

You're right that Izaguirre is far better than Mulgrew but he's very overrated in my opinion.

He made a sizable contribution to us winning the league with his performance away to Inverness at the end of last season.

Cheers for the patronising post! Ha are you a seasoned pro or something? Izaguirre gets forward well but leaves Celtic hugely exposed at the back whenever they face a decent team. If Celtic played teams that could get at them with any regularity, he'd get ripped to shreds. He's a good player for the SPL but nothing more. Mulgrew is a bit of a donkey but i don't think he's all that bad. He's decent in the air and his set pieces alone mean he's good enough for the SPL. If Izaguirre was all that brilliant, i'd expect Celtic to struggle without him. On the contrary, I don't think his absence will make much difference to them while competing for the SPL. Do you think his absence will make them a worse off team or lose them points?

Did you now?

:shifty:

Yes. I'm assuming you did as well since you have such strong opinions of this man? You must have seen him play, no?

Or am I expecting too much that your opinion has any basis other than games against Rangers?

i feel sick after losing another player. why do we keep putting low bids in for players, then after there clubs tell us the bid is no good we continue to waste time, energy and our hope bidding way below again and again just to lose out to one of the clubs we are alerting to this player. madness is what it is and im getting really sick of it. how many players will we lose out on?? we need a game changing player in our squad after losing weiss yet we wont pay 2.5m for one of the best wingers in holland. we are in a mess when all were looking for is a multi tasking player who is not great in any position!!! pure madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right that Izzaguire is far better than Mulgrew but he's very overrated in my opinion.

He made a sizable contribution to us winning the league with his performance away to Inverness at the end of last season.

Probably the only poor game he had for them. Can't stand the little cunt but he's a very good player that's caused us a lot of problems with his runs down the left.

Cheers for the patronising post! Ha are you a seasoned pro or something? Izaguirre gets forward well but leaves Celtic hugely exposed at the back whenever they face a decent team. If Celtic played teams that could get at them with any regularity, he'd get ripped to shreds. He's a good player for the SPL but nothing more. Mulgrew is a bit of a donkey but i don't think he's all that bad. He's decent in the air and his set pieces alone mean he's good enough for the SPL. If Izaguirre was all that brilliant, i'd expect Celtic to struggle without him. On the contrary, I don't think his absence will make much difference to them while competing for the SPL. Do you think his absence will make them a worse off team or lose them points?

See when you're in a hole...............

Been away for a few hours - surprised this thread is still open. I know he hasnt officially signed yet but if Rangers had any intention of hijacking this bid then we would have heard something by now.

This thread will just turn into another bitch fest...and embarrassing.

Close the thread.