Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

I take it from that we're not in for him any more then...

I seriously doubt it m8 - why would you go for a player that is homesick after 1 day??

The only thing is (it is badly translated) but he doesnt actually say homesick - he says 'the feeling wasnt there' How well that has translated I dunno - so maybe he did go down there - liked the stadium etc but just didnt 'feel it' - whether a parade around Ibrox and Murray Park would give him a different feeling I dunno - one thing is for sure is Ibrox and Murray Park would blow Forest Ground and training ground (whatever the fuck they are called) out of the water.

But.........in saying all that - I think he will be staying in Holland...unless we sign his mum as well.

Ive not read anywhere the word 'homesick'. what I think wesley was getting at was it didn't feel right for him to move to Forrest in particular.

we should still be in for this guy!

maybe we are ?

I seriously doubt it m8 - why would you go for a player that is homesick after 1 day??

The only thing is (it is badly translated) but he doesnt actually say homesick - he says 'the feeling wasnt there' How well that has translated I dunno - so maybe he did go down there - liked the stadium etc but just didnt 'feel it' - whether a parade around Ibrox and Murray Park would give him a different feeling I dunno - one thing is for sure is Ibrox and Murray Park would blow Forest Ground and training ground (whatever the fuck they are called) out of the water.

But.........in saying all that - I think he will be staying in Holland...unless we sign his mum as well.

thought u said it was fact he said he was homesick dude :sherlock:

How could you forget Huistra , tsk tsk!

off topic i know but had to post this.....

" Huistra"........

was in the rangers end in Brugge that night when Huistra banged in a goal to get us a draw 1-1 if my memory serves me right...... champions league 1992-93 season..... the chorus for ages after he scored, "oh ah Huistra, i say oh ah huistra" was magic...

think it was obviously away game but we wore our home strip, dont know why that stuck in my memory........... magic trip .... have looked for a clip of this goal for ages but never ever found one.

any other bears there that night or have came across the clip?

watp.

I asked that journo in Holland for his opinion on the Verhoek situation, his reply,

'Something tells me he will be staying in Netherlands next season, not necessarily with Den Haag. I'm sure AZ will be monitoring the situation'

Cracking wee player, was staying in the same hotel as him and some Dutch under 19 team which he was coaching at the time. Met him after my night out and he was very tolerant of my drunkeness and gave me a cuddle and posed for pics :) a gentleman :crabflute:

off topic i know but had to post this.....

" Huistra"........

was in the rangers end in Brugge that night when Huistra banged in a goal to get us a draw 1-1 if my memory serves me right...... champions league 1992-93 season..... the chorus for ages after he scored, "oh ah Huistra, i say oh ah huistra" was magic...

think it was obviously away game but we wore our home strip, dont know why that stuck in my memory........... magic trip .... have looked for a clip of this goal for ages but never ever found one.

any other bears there that night or have came across the clip?

watp.

Cracking wee player, was staying in the same hotel as him and some Dutch under 19 team which he was coaching at the time. Met him after my night out and he was very tolerant of my drunkeness and gave me a cuddle and posed for pics :) a gentleman :crabflute:

wrong place to post, my bad :)

Nisbets goal still makes me laugh!

Why did we were our away kit at home a few times that season?

For some reason, UEFA decided, in the early years of the Champions League at least, that the home side should change kits if there was a colour clash. They also insisted on no shirt sponsors and the European style goal nets we adopted from that season on.

At least, if memory serves correctly.

For some reason, UEFA decided, in the early years of the Champions League at least, that the home side should change kits if there was a colour clash. They also insisted on no shirt sponsors and the European style goal nets we adopted from that season on.

At least, if memory serves correctly.

Cheers mate

Yeah the goal nets changed from the group stage onwards, although against Leeds it was still old style. This was also in the days were foreign players were limited in european competition, and so the team was mostly full of scots.

Still our finest european run IMO in recent memory, a team with great heart. Uefa final was good, but the football en route apart from away to sporting and at home to bremen was dreadful and we rightly got put out of our misery in the final.

Nisbet's fluke, McSwegan's goal with his first touch and the comeback to 2-2 againat Marseille, and that absolute belter from Durrant - great memories. The last game broke my heart, we absolutely pumped Moscow that night and any othet time it could have been any score, but their keeper was amazing and everything defied us.

Heres the clip u were looking for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLCveZz3mVw

The Huistra goal is around the 8 minute mark

Can u post the proper link for that YouTube clip, my younger brother has never seen that Scott nisbett goal, well hes never probably seen alot of that footage.

And I'll pass it on to him, Thanx