Roland Juhasz

Gaffbear

STV understands Roland Juhasz turned down an opportunity to forego part of his potential signing-on fee to force through a move to Rangers.

The Ibrox club failed in a £2.6 million bid for the defender on Monday night after days of negotiations, with Anderlecht keen to receive £3.5 million for the player.

However, it is understood Juhasz was offered the chance to have £170,000 cut from his signing-on fee at Rangers, in order for a deal to be struck between the two clubs.

The Hungarian however declined that offer, missing out on the opportunity to move to the Scottish Premier League.

Anderlecht told STV on Tuesday that Rangers had simply fallen short in their valuation of the 28-year-old, remarking the Scottish side couldn't “have top players for little money.”

After the collapse of the deal, Juhasz’s agent Vladan Filipovic launched an attack on Anderlecht for haggling over what he described as a meagre amount, which now appears to be related to the offer put to the player to conclude the move.

“We are very disappointed in the management at Anderlecht, including Herman van Holsbeeck [general manager],” said Filipovic. “I know in football anything can happen but I did not expect this.

“When Roland extended his contract a year ago, Anderlecht agreed verbally they would sell him if a certain offer came in. Unfortunately this was not given in writing, but we trusted them.

“Rangers have offered this amount now but Anderlecht have said no. I understand they do not want to lose Roland, it is understandable, but a year ago they promised he could leave for an appropriate offer.”

We should fine Whittaker £170k and give it to Anderlecht

Job done (tu)

Missing out on players like juhasz when we ve promised that clown 20k a week for the next 5 years makes me sick.

But as Ally says.... 'it's a plus he is Scottish'

Had Juhasz really wanted to join The Rangers then he would have let the £170,000 go, but I also see his side - why should he?

Losing out on a player for £170,000 that Ally McCoist really wanted is shite.

Had Juhasz really wanted to join The Rangers then he would have let the £170,000 go, but I also see his side - why should he?

More worrying is the fact that the one player ally wanted... Having missed out on all the others was not bought by Whyte for an extra 170k

Worrying

whittakers wages for two months :anguish:

I know, who's playing at the back on sat? Is Gioan and Weir fit?

Goian might be fit. Seems too early for Weir.

So Bartley and Goian/Broadfoot. Off chance of Ross Perry, but most likely if Whittaker and Goian are out :

Wallace Bartley Broadfoot McMillan