Bartley Back

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Walk the SPL, when did he do that?

He played 5 SPL games, hardly enough evidence especially when one was a terrible display in the 3-0 defeat at Celtic park. We and Bartley were hardly convincing in the wins against Kilmarnock and St Mirren.

Kyle has so much to prove and I stand by that people go way OTT with the boy, potential but that's it just now.

I never saw him struggle, if that's what you mean.

Maybe it's just his style but I didn't think he was panicked or flustered at any point.

Glad he is back. Is quite over rated at times but we need ball winning centre halfs and coming through the arsenal ranks means he at least has some skill with the ball at his feet. Welcome back Kyle!

Struggled badly at Celtic Park, but then again the whole team did. Was just pointing out that he needs time and games before we can say for sure he is an SPL regular. Kyle 'might' be ready to play regularly but at the moment I would still prefer a new signing to come in and partner Goian when he is fit.

As I said mate, I was full of it last night. I can't even remember posting that.

The floor in my local (the Mega Bar in Motherwell) was that sticky that I nearly lost a shoe, swear to god!

Haha, have a good time then mate?

Sticky? Dirty bastard! :lol:

My mate was a bouncer at Mega Bar for ages, however was one club I never attended. Been sitting in the car park a couple of times, but that's about it.

It was dead! Apparently it's either shutting and/or being redeveloped soon. Went in at 11.30 and there was about seven folk there.

05 Aug 2011 - 18:08:00

Kyle Bartley says there was never any possibility of him joining anyone other than Rangers when Arsenal said he could leave on loan again. Bartley completed his move to Ibrox on Thursday night after a successful period with the Glasgow giants in the second half of last season which was ended prematurely by injury. The 20-year-old says he had options to remain in England but told Arsene Wenger that his heart was set on a return to Rangers after making a promise to McCoist. Bartley said: "I stated when I left Rangers last season that I thought I had unfinished business. My aim was to come back to Rangers and keep playing games. "I spoke to the manager a few times over the last few weeks and explained that I wanted to be playing games and to play as much as possible. "At this age, it's vital for me and he thought the best move would be for me to come back here and play.

"There were a few options in the English league but Mr Wenger decided that he would leave the decision to me and I gave my word to Ally that if I was going on loan again, I would be coming back here. "I wanted to keep that word."

Bartley says Wenger has no issues with the standard of the SPL, as the young centre-half continues his development over a season-long loan. He added: "I don't think the level is a massive problem. Playing games is the most important thing and there are some fantastic games in the Scottish league. "I spoke to the boss at Arsenal and explained how much I enjoyed my time here and how much I thought I had developed and he was fine with it."

However, Bartley's long-term aim is to force his way into the first team at Arsenal after penning a new deal with the Gunners earlier this week. He said: "I signed a long-term contract on Monday so it's a little bit of security for myself and hopefully I can do well this year and go back next year a better player. "I don't think Arsenal wanted me to go and it was fantastic news for me to get a new deal."

http://www.football.co.uk/rangers/bartley_buoyed_by_rangers_return_rss1763646.shtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hope to see him start tomorrow, can't believe the last team we saw him in a Rangers jersey was when he played against PSV and limped off before the end.

He made a huge impression on the fans and we obviously made a huge impression on him (tu)