Bartley Back

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lad is a good player, if Arsenal didn't think he was up to it they wouldn't have extended his contract, as despite the fact Wenger gets praise for going with youth, no-one ever mentions the piles of young players Arsenal offload every year that don't make it.

Great news, he had a real passion about playing for Rangers when he was here which I loved. Very enthusiastic and passionate which I like to see and was a blow when he got injured. Yes he missed the run-in, but would you rather have Bartley at CB or Broadfoot, Papac, Wallace or McCulloch? Its a no-brainer.

Its a start, keep them coming. What does this mean for Cuellar and Juhasz? No idea on that one, though I would imagine long-term Ally would still want one of them in.

The lad is a good player, if Arsenal didn't think he was up to it they wouldn't have extended his contract, as despite the fact Wenger gets praise for going with youth, no-one ever mentions the piles of young players Arsenal offload every year that don't make it.

Great news, he had a real passion about playing for Rangers when he was here which I loved. Very enthusiastic and passionate which I like to see and was a blow when he got injured. Yes he missed the run-in, but would you rather have Bartley at CB or Broadfoot, Papac, Wallace or McCulloch? Its a no-brainer.

Its a start, keep them coming. What does this mean for Cuellar and Juhasz? No idea on that one, though I would imagine long-term Ally would still want one of them in.

Add Juhasz and were sorted ...........

Have to admit I just couldn't see the fuss made over him last season, although I appreciated him coming up to cover a bare bones defence. Thought he showed promise but if he's Coisty's answer at CB then I think we'll struggle in the big games - though I'd love the big fella to prove me wrong!

Good addition to the squad, obviously no financial risk, but I'm saving the bunting and champers for Cuellar.

Can anybody else see Cueller/Juhasz and Goian as the two centre backs and Bartley used as defensive midfielder to replace McCulloch? Wouldn't be entirely against it to be honest cause McCulloch's a wasted jersey, but don't think Wenger would appreciate us not playing him in his natural position.

Terrific news regardless where he plays as he is a class act. Next up...Weiss? :thumbup:

Have to admit I just couldn't see the fuss made over him last season, although I appreciated him coming up to cover a bare bones defence. Thought he showed promise but if he's Coisty's answer at CB then I think we'll struggle in the big games - though I'd love the big fella to prove me wrong!

Good addition to the squad, obviously no financial risk, but I'm saving the bunting and champers for Cuellar.

Bartley and Juhasz will do me , Cuellar is finished.......