Madjid Bougherra Says Rangers Offer 'made Me Sick'

So you dont think Davie Weir is a gentleman, leader and a great servant to our club? Weir has been the rock of our defence for the last 3-4 years while Bougherra has galavanted up and down the park leaving massive gaps for any decent opposition to exploit. The fact is that he has poor discipline with regards his play and his behaviour on the pitch. He has always played the game on the edge, which perhaps makes him the player he is but there is always the chance that he will be red carded more so than others. He plays a fine line with referees

Do you feel that Bougherra aqquited himself well in his last game?

Do you think that Bougherra has looked interested in wearing our famous Jersey in SPL matches?

Do you think Bougherra prefers his club over his country despite the club making him the player he once was.

Do you think Bougherra has displayed gratitude and dignity to Rangers for paying his wages and plucking him from the lower divisions of English football?

As this is an open debate forum. I think, in my humble opinion, that all my reflections of Bougherra are valid and doesnt have much nonesense in it. However, you are entittled to your opinion which of course I am.

Both him and Whittaker are cupable for the CL failure this term. Therefore £15m jackpot is split between them. He was, if i can remember right, bought for £2.5m and sold for £1.7m which = £8.3m

Of this is tongue in cheek and perhaps I'm being unfair as he has contributed to our successes as well but of course he was getting his wage and bonusus to do so.

If Bougherra can have a square go at our club, then I think we are all entittled to a reply !

Whyte's failure to bring in quality starters.

McCoist's baffling tactics.

Naismith and Jelavic's glaring misses.

Etc. etc. etc.

As I said, nonsense.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why all the insultes for ? I truly have no respect for you guys. The player has the right to care for his future and his financial situation, both the club and bougherra showed they didn't want to deal with each other anymore. Madjid said the ofrer din't suit him for the reasons we know, not sure how can this be disrespectful to the club ...

This translation is incomplete, he gave more details to our newspaper. I intended to give you the whole article ever since I read it but when I see all the hate I guess I'd be translation in vain.

I enjoyed suporting rangers this two past years, amazing club, was all pleasure. however, I'm no longer a rangers fan , I'm leaving with Bouggy that fat punk as you please to call him, Goobye =)

No one cares what you do.

Bougherra is a cunt.

Etc. etc. etc.

As I said, nonsense.

Aye and Boughie never helped either.

Algeria always came first. Highly unprofessional player.

why all the insultes for ? I truly have no respect for you guys. The player has the right to care for his future and his financial situation, both the club and bougherra showed they didn't want to deal with each other anymore. Madjid said the ofrer din't suit him for the reasons we know, not sure how can this be disrespectful to the club ...

This translation is incomplete, he gave more details to our newspaper. I intended to give you the whole article ever since I read it but when I see all the hate I guess I'd be translation in vain.

I enjoyed suporting rangers this two past years, amazing club, was all pleasure. however, I'm no longer a rangers fan , I'm leaving with Bouggy that fat punk as you please to call him, Goobye =)

Well, you just showed how much of a Rangers fan you really are. Such a fantastic way to make a fool of yourself. Tomorrow Bougherra could sign for Celtic and you, im sure, would happily follow them after. Which is nothing else but stupid, childish and pathetic. But dont forget that its Rangers who made your hero who he is today. Otherwise you would've been fan of some League One or Championship team at best.

not impressed with bougherra one bit. We made him the player he is and he should be a bit more thankful. Maybe he should look at why there were no offers for him from england. He didnt want a 2 yr extension at rangers which would take him to 3 more years at the club but he goes and signs a 3yr deal elsewhere. Hes been a shadow of the player he was over the past 12months as his mind was clearly elsewhere. Why should a player like that get a 5yr deal?

Etc. etc. etc.

As I said, nonsense.

Yes you may be right with some of those facts. Although Ally's tactics were spot on for that game and we would have went through only for the red cards given to Whittaker and Bougherra. He missed his buddy Weir beside him.

No nonesense hear pal just a love for the Rangers !

There is absolutely no way that he has been the club's best defender over the past three years.

Bougherra was decent when he turned up but if he had an attitude to match his ability he could have been twice as good!

so who's been better?

weir? the guy who everyone has wanted to retire gracefully

papac? the centre half shoved out to left back because he wasnt good enough for his natural position

whittaker? erm...........

broadfoot? nuff said

bougherra spent the best part of 3 seasons covering for the rest of the backline, no wonder he is fucked off at the clubs piss poor attempts to keep him

so who's been better?

papac? the centre half shoved out to left back because he wasnt good enough for his natural position

broadfoot? nuff said

bougherra spent the best part of 3 seasons covering for the rest of the backline, no wonder he is fucked off at the clubs piss poor attempts to keep him

have to agree with this.

so who's been better?

broadfoot? nuff said

How about 2009-10 when he missed so many games through international duty and injury?

Bougherra is a good player, just not as good as he thinks he is.

How about 2009-10 when he missed so many games through international duty and injury?

Bougherra is a good player, just not as good as he thinks he is.

wether he thinks he is amazing or not, there is simply no denying he was the best defender at our club for the last 3 seasons, and the best defender in the SPL for 3 seasons

to offer whittaker and mcculloch better contract extensions than bougherra is a disaster for the club

Slightly different take on it

Madjid Bougherra claims he was left “heartbroken” at Rangers’ offer of a new contract, having seen his team-mates offered better, longer-term deals.

The Algerian defender has completed a £1.7 million move to Qatar club Lekhwiya, ending his successful three-year spell at Ibrox.

Bougherra, 28, was offered fresh terms to stay at Ibrox but, according to the player, they were on the same terms as his existing deal and only for an additional two seasons.

At the same time, players such as Allan McGregor and Steven Whittaker were being handed six and five-year contracts respectively and Bougherra says Rangers’ refusal to offer him a similar deal disappointed him.

“I was in my last year with Rangers and I had two choices,” Bougherra explained to Le Buteur. “I could continue with the club and be free at the end of the season, but run the risk that I could be seriously injured along the way and find myself without a club for next season.

“I could have signed a new contract with Rangers but their offer was on the same financial terms. Of course, I always thank God for this but compared to what other defenders are paid, it was not what I expected, especially at my age.

“I was offered an extension of two years only, while a few players at Rangers have had their deals extended to five years. It broke my heart.”

Bougherra claimed last week he was subject to interest from big-spending Paris Saint-Germain, only for a deal to fall through, and says he couldn’t wait any longer for supposed offers to stay in Europe.

“It is true my priority was to stay in Europe,” he said. “I went around all of the clubs available but I did not receive positive feedback.

“I had been promised many big clubs were interested but I was going round in circles.

“I have been with Rangers for three years, a wonderful club where I won many titles, where I played in the Champions League.

“But I needed a challenge, to find something else, to learn something new. I hoped that would come from a European club, unfortunately that wasn't the case.”

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/265522-madjid-bougherra-broken-hearted-by-rangers-contract-offer/

It`s not about supporting Rangers for two years it about a life time of support. You obviously have as much loyalty as Bougherra. Players come and go and some even become legends, but Rangers remain FOREVER!

You're absolutely right and Rangers doesn't need fans like me I believe.

so who's been better?

broadfoot? nuff said

Weir has, without any doubt in my mind, been the best defender at ibrox since walter came back. His standard of play, his leadership on and off the field have all been top notch

Weir has, without any doubt in my mind, been the best defender at ibrox since walter came back. His standard of play, his leadership on and off the field have all been top notch

i dont for one minute wish to reduce david weir's contribution, especially in stabilising our defence when he first arrived

i just feel that bougherra has helped weir look better at times than he maybe had been playing by being in position to cover for him

i dont for one minute wish to reduce david weir's contribution, especially in stabilising our defence when he first arrived

i just feel that bougherra has helped weir look better at times than he maybe had been playing by being in position to cover for him

Danny wilson, carlos cuellar and boogie...no coincidence they all became better players playing beside weir.

kirk broadfoot hasn't, but even davie has his limits.....