Jelavic Transfer Thread

HashPizza

Just seen this....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/default.stm

This is going to be the longest fecking 8 hours of the season.

If that's still got LCFC as 'bidding' for Beckford, it's old news already.

Not worried, not least by the media wing over at Pacific Quay.

Rangers, who rubbished suggestions they had also received an higher offer from a Russian club for Jelavic, remain heavily in debt and face a season without the financial rewards from either the Champions League, having earlier been defeated by Malmo, or the Europa League.

Still heavily in debt ? news to me...

Rangers, who rubbished suggestions they had also received an higher offer from a Russian club for Jelavic, remain heavily in debt and face a season without the financial rewards from either the Champions League, having earlier been defeated by Malmo, or the Europa League.

Still heavily in debt ? news to me...

Our debt hasn't been cleared. It's been transferred to another company which Whyte and Rangers own. We are still in the same debt we were 5 months ago.

Our debt hasn't been cleared. It's been transferred to another company which Whyte and Rangers own. We are still in the same debt we were 5 months ago.

Surely we would be jumping at a 6.5million bid ? and why would McGregor, Whittaker and Davis get new 5 year deals ? basically the answer is no we are not in the same debt we were in 5 months ago.

Correct, but we no longer have the hindering interest + repayments on that debt AFAIK hence why we do not need to sell any of our players.

On the debt.

Im not gonna try and pretend I know anything about this sort of thing like lots of people do.

All im going on is Craig Whytes statement where he says the debt to Lloyds is cleared.

Most of the other stuff I have read have been taig propoganda and half of this pish comes from there pathetic sites about the tax case etc.

We are in a much better financial position and they cant take it.

On the debt.

Im not gonna try and pretend I know anything about this sort of thing like lots of people do.

All im going on is Craig Whytes statement where he says the debt to Lloyds is cleared.

Most of the other stuff I have read have been taig propoganda and half of this pish comes from there pathetic sites about the tax case etc.

We are in a much better financial position and they cant take it.

Then why have we spent less money than we did this time last year?

Well we brought in Jelavic for 4million but we also sold Thomson and Wilson for 4million and we had a load of players leave us.

This season we have a net spend of like 2.3million so we spent more this season. Lets not forget our attempts to sign other players and the new contracts given to McGregor, Whittaker and Davis.

Because we've no CL and that spending money at the whim of the fans is exactly how we got in debt in the first place?

Jelavic is in Croatia at the moment,my source has just informed me that he's not been too happy with his salary and has been moaning for a rise in recent weeks in relation to the other high earners at the club,just seems funny that Leicester have came in with a bid out of the blue.

Allegedly bbc are saying stories coming out of Croatia confirm jelavic wants a move.if its true then boot the monkey out.

Whyte said the debt was cleared. I'll wait and see, on the signing front...How people like to forget that if today we were in the same position just 6 months ago, we'd be down Jelavic and Davis.

Be greatful we could make signings.

Whyte said the debt was cleared. I'll wait and see, on the signing front...How people like to forget that if today we were in the same position just 6 months ago, we'd be down Jelavic and Davis.

Be greatful we could make signings.

Probably Shagger and Whittaker as well.

Surely we would be jumping at a 6.5million bid ? and why would McGregor, Whittaker and Davis get new 5 year deals ? basically the answer is no we are not in the same debt we were in 5 months ago.

We are still in the same debt, we just don't have a bank breathing down our necks wanting it at the moment.