Scott Allan snubs old firm for west brom

rangers_1993

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is sad is that these lads have agents who they probably think are looking after their career but are just milking them for as much as they can make short term.

A decent agent would advise him that his best options are ( in order)

1. Stay at Dundee Utd and establish yourself as a first team player without the pressure to win every game

2. Move to one of the OF - there is a reasonable chance of getting in the team these days, good chance of regular European football and if you are getting in the team you are guaranteed to be in the Scotland squad.

3. Move to a decent Championship team. Decent chance of establishing yourself and that'll get you in the Scotland squad. Get promoted and there's a chance of a massive move ( eg Adam)

DON'T go to a lower EPL team - you won't get a game and your career will go backwards.

This kid is a money grabber. He's done nothing in his career and is taking a big risk moving to a club like West Brom. He might get a decent wage now but if he fades away and doesn't get games there or West Brom get relegated or something, he'll end up plying his trade in League 1/2.

Whereas he could come to a club like Rangers where he has a realistic chance of breaking into our midfield (if he is as good as people say) and hone his talent.

Edit - although if we haven't even spoken to him yet then he really only has one option.

I know which 1 I'd pick.

How is he a money grabber? It states that we have not made a concrete offer. He is accepting the only offer on the table to him.

What does the record say?

Record says that Celtic have joined his first love Rangers in the chase for his signature. West brom have offered 400 grand but he is free in 6 months. If Ally can talk him round to coming then it would be compensation from Rangers just.

That really would annoy utd cunts :D

Never seen him play but seems to be an awful lot of hype considering he's only played a handful of games at senior level by the age of 20. In my opinion its a pretty big gamble for any side to take on a player who hasn't even proved he can cope with top-flight football over a prolonged period of time.

Why should he? He does have a good point. Our transfer market dealings have been amateurish at best. Ally should shut his mouth until a serious offer is on the table.

People get asked questions and people answer them. What difference does it make whether ally says he's intrested or not?

People get asked questions and people answer them. What difference does it make whether ally says he's intrested or not?

As Kenny dalglish said the other day... ( I hate using his club and him as an example)

They refuse to comment on other clubs players till deals are actually done.

This kid is a money grabber. He's done nothing in his career and is taking a big risk moving to a club like West Brom. He might get a decent wage now but if he fades away and doesn't get games there or West Brom get relegated or something, he'll end up plying his trade in League 1/2.

Whereas he could come to a club like Rangers where he has a realistic chance of breaking into our midfield (if he is as good as people say) and hone his talent.

Edit - although if we haven't even spoken to him yet then he really only has one option.

I know which 1 I'd pick.

How do you know its about money, who in their right mind would want to play in the SPL if an offer from the EPL comes. The oppurtunity to play week in week out at some of Europes best stadiums and against some of the worlds best players, I know what I would rather do.